Baby Azaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,10032454%5E948,00.html

I'm not convinced by this guy's story. We all know only what the media has harped on about for 25 years, but even still it seems like there's huge holes in this old guy's story. If he saw the eyes of the dingo in the dark and thought the white shape was a rabbit, how did the dingo get shot in the back of it's head?
And then there's the question everyone is asking which is, could he have possibly shot Azaria by mistake, thinking it was a rabbit, and then naturally they'd have all panicked even more and then covered it up?

I dont think we'll ever know.

This whole thing gives me the creeps. I grew up not far from the Alice.

For the original story: Jimbus/dingos whatever you want to call them here are really shy. They dont like people. They dont like fire. Why would a shy smallish dog walk towards a fire and people and walk into a tent to pick up a large object, drag it off, unbutton its matinee jacket, and then bury it in the rock. And I mean rock. The red dust is only a thin layer then its solid rock underneath.

As for this story. :shrug:
I dont know. Its all so weird to me.

Im sorry but Im grew up in the desert and I will take the animals side instead of the humans 99% of the time.

When it was happening, in her shock/confusion she ran to the campsite and yelled that a dingo had taken her baby. She swears she saw something skulking back off into the nearby scrub, but it's one of those things which can't be proven. It became a horrible catchcry from the media and a few heartless people after that.

I dont believe Lindy did it, but I dont think this guy is completely believable either.

Really? a joke? I wish it was a joke. We were all livid that city fellas would insult a dingo like that. Sorry if thats offensive but that was the feeling at the time.

The logic was that if Lindy said a dingo did it, then she was lieing, and therefore knew who did it.

Probably crap logic flawed by bigotry towards city fellas..........

MG that wasnt meant as a slander on you by the way. If you thought it was a joke, thats cool. :hug:

Makes mental note to remember to stay out of FYM as it makes her blood rise. :mad:

ahhh, there's a small joke in a seinfeld episode about this. i never got it till now...

OK the part that makes me go :eyebrow: is that Cole approached Lindy over a year ago and she said "not to do anything until after the movie was finished". Does that sound like a woman who wants the truth about her child's death revealed??

This is wierd man, I dont think this saga will ever be solved, I think that there are many flaws in this guy's story.........it is very sad though, either way. I dont fully remember this case as I was only young when it all happened, but only two years ago a dingo killed a boy on Fraser Island, so I guess they are capable of it, but still, part of me goes that we are hanging out in THEIR area, so be prepared for stuff to happen- anyway getting a bit side tracked now, but this story does seem quite strange- why stay silent for all those years????

I know that when I went to Fraser Island I was warned - that even though dingo's are usally more scared of us then we are of them - to stay out of the way of dingo's

this story seems odd though :huh:

Angie, If I killed this thread please delete by responses. I grew up not far from there and carry a lot of baggage about the way the media covered the incident. I thought it was all forgotten long long ago but it seems to have risen to the surface with this guy. My bad. :mad:

There are dingoes in the area where I live and the ones that hang around the national parks and campsites get very cheeky and unafraid.
I recall very well when this happened, if Azarai had lived she would be about the same age as my eldest son:sad: poor little girl. I don't think we'll ever know the truth, unless a search of the guy's backyard reveals her remains. I honestly don't think her mother murdered her. Lindy was tried by the media and public opinion and I think there was a LOT of prejudice against her at the time because of her demeanour in court and the fact they were Seventh Day Adventists.
I talked about this with my son yesterday. i haven't read much about the current revelations. He had heard that the fellow didn't mention it at the time because you are not meant to be shooting at Uluru( a National Park area) and he was on parole at the time and probably shouldn't have had a fire arm.
I don't know...I just hope her poor little soul is resting in peace. I know she comes to my mind often, so I think maybe she's not.

Hewson said:
OK the part that makes me go :eyebrow: is that Cole approached Lindy over a year ago and she said "not to do anything until after the movie was finished". Does that sound like a woman who wants the truth about her child's death revealed??

She was probably under some kind of contract to not do anything to interrupt publicity etc. I cant imagine it would be easy for Lindy to cope now but the threat of legal action might have influenced it. I'm only guessing though. It is strange.

And Beli dont feel like you've ruined it. It's a horrible story no matter how you look at it. As for the dingoes being placid or agressive, it makes no difference. Snakes are also scared of people but who's going to try and pick up a red bellied black or something. It's kind of common sense.

Thanks Angie. Yeah, dingos can go nuts, there a wild animal. Its more the fire bit that bugs me. Dogs dont like fire. Thats how you shoo them away, with fire.

Hubby said that this guy passed a lie detector test so hes either telling the truth or is a complete nutter who believes his own story so pathelogically.

I guess it would explain the lack of a body. :shrug:

From the states, I remember when this thing happened but I suspect we'll just have to file this mate's story under folklore and mystery that surrounds the still unproven theory of what really happened to Baby Alice....and so it is. :huh:

Mr. BAW

Back
Top Bottom