B&C CD Exchange - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
How do you people have the time to listen to so much new music? I'm barely keeping up with the Desert Island playlists!
In the car, while doing homework, while walking, while working in the backroom (after management has left we're allowed to listen to music), while posting on interference. Overall I probably listen to 5-6 hours of music a day on average.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
How do you people have the time to listen to so much new music? I'm barely keeping up with the Desert Island playlists!
I hoard it for later. Especially for something where there's no competition involved, I can take my sweet time listening and enjoying.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
I have an idea:

How about if those of us who can only upload music upload it, and send our links out to everyone. And, if people wish to be nice, they can send an actual cd out to the people who really can't afford to buy blank cds and pay for postage/international postage? Kind of a hybrid sort of a deal?

This is similar to what I proposed. (At exactly the same time you posted this.)
Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #64
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I used to record my friend's 45s by holding the tape recorder near the speaker. And saying "shhh, now I have to start again!" a lot.

I remember when 90 Minute tapes came out and it was a big deal because you could get an extra 15 mins per side...
Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #65
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

In the car, while doing homework, while walking, while working in the backroom (after management has left we're allowed to listen to music), while posting on interference. Overall I probably listen to 5-6 hours of music a day on average.

i have no idea what a desert island playlist is. or i have an inkling, but take it too personally if someone votes my favorite songs off any kind of landmass. me personally, i've been living under some kind of semi-rock where only the music that i myself seek out gets through. i just wanted the quick and easy digest version of "what has u2popmofo been listening to since we last talked". you know, to obtain that without asking u2popmofo what the hell have you been up to in the last 2 years. knowing that guy, it's a shit ton of music.

edit: dammit, i quoted the wrong post.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

edit: dammit, i quoted the wrong post.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #67
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

I think comments like "some people here think spending money on just a stamp is too expensive" are outrageously out of touch and kind of offensive towards those of us who have suggested that in fact, we cannot afford international postage.
I was still in school (or had just finished) we we first started doing these back in the day, so I really guess I am out of touch. Back then, I sent a cd to Europe and one to Asia, I don't think either cost me more than $5 US for postage.

Regardless, even the thread title for this was "CD Exchange" so I don't really understand the problem or complaints, hence my "strong" reply. To some extent, I suppose I do take offense to file sharing and illegal downloading, and I'm kinda lumping all of you who won't pay a buck or two to send a cd to your fellow "Interference buddies" as being the same types who probably don't pay for any of their music. Admittedly, this may not be the case at all, so I apologize if I'm wrong or out of line.

Like The Tourist mentioned, I am more than happy to send anyone and everyone one of the cd's I come up with, as you're all good peeps.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #68
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
I remember when 90 Minute tapes came out and it was a big deal because you could get an extra 15 mins per side...
I can't even tell you how many cassette tapes I had in the 80s, taping stuff off radio once I finally had my own radio/cassette player boom box.

Always a challenge to try and catch the full version of a song, without the DJ nattering during the intro. Those unhelpful bastards!

Or forgetting what you'd already recorded and thus having "Election Day" by Arcadia on your tape 4 times.

I was kind of sad when I finally had to get rid of my tapes, since I no longer had a cassette deck.

Edit: and if it's what we end up doing, I'm more than happy to upload whatever CDs I make and receive.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
To some extent, I suppose I do take offense to file sharing and illegal downloading, and I'm kinda lumping all of you who won't pay a buck or two to send a cd to your fellow "Interference buddies" as being the same types who probably don't pay for any of their music. This may not be the case at all, so I apologize if I'm wrong or out of line.

Like The Tourist mentioned, I am more than happy to send anyone and everyone one of the cd's I come up with, as you're all good peeps.
Btw, I'd like to just go out on a limb and state this: I've paid for at least 70% of my music; someone in my family and/or band has paid for about another 20%. I've only downloaded about 10%.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm planning to stick them all on my iPod and listen this summer while I'm not around the internet as much and have more free time.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

I was still in school (or had just finished) we we first started doing these back in the day, so I really guess I am out of touch. Back then, I sent a cd to Europe and one to Asia, I don't think either cost me more than $5 US for postage.

Regardless, even the thread title for this was "CD Exchange" so I don't really understand the problem or complaints, hence my "strong" reply. To some extent, I suppose I do take offense to file sharing and illegal downloading, and I'm kinda lumping all of you who won't pay a buck or two to send a cd to your fellow "Interference buddies" as being the same types who probably don't pay for any of their music. Admittedly, this may not be the case at all, so I apologize if I'm wrong or out of line.

that one exchange was good times. wicked good times. and i was in school. you know, someone definintely sent me a tape because they didn't have a cd burner yet. and that was cool. and i still have this tape (i saw it the other day).

nah, wrong and out of line would be my gut reaction...something along the lines of well good for all you download-only folks, i really don't want to go through the polite formality of caring about what you listen to anyway.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I can't even tell you how many cassette tapes I had in the 80s, taping stuff off radio once I finally had my own radio/cassette player boom box.

Always a challenge to try and catch the full version of a song, without the DJ nattering during the intro. Those unhelpful bastards!

Or forgetting what you'd already recorded and thus having "Election Day" by Arcadia on your tape 4 times.

I was kind of sad when I finally had to get rid of my tapes, since I no longer had a cassette deck.

YES fucking DJs!!!! I kept meticulous lists of what I'd recorded and what I was listening for on the radio. But you still never got the opening bars of the song while you were hitting record.

I still have mine somewhere, the few that I made and a couple that were made for us at camp by our counselors various years to represent what we'd been listening to as a bunk.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

nah, wrong and out of line would be my gut reaction...something along the lines of well good for all you download-only folks, i really don't want to go through the polite formality of caring about what you listen to anyway.
I've never really interacted with you on the forums, but you seem like a real stand-up kind of guy.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #74
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i never realized how ocd i was until i started labeling the crap out of everything in order to avoid stuff like that.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #75
She's the One

How many of the kids who are "poor" have a cell-phone they pay for?

I dunno. I think the download generation is shooting itself in the foot.

I most likely won't participate because, quite honestly, I get most of my new music from all you folks anyway. I doubt I have anything new to share.