B&C CD Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going even more old school on your ass!

Guys, I want to make mix tapes using high speed dubbing on my dual cassette deck and send it out to friends. Shall we make this Exchange #3?

Re: I'm going even more old school on your ass!

Zootlesque said:
Guys, I want to make mix tapes using high speed dubbing on my dual cassette deck and send it out to friends. Shall we make this Exchange #3?

Zoots, I sent you my latest 8-Track compilation by pony express last month, has it arrived yet?

Re: I'm going even more old school on your ass!

Zootlesque said:

I still have a system I could do this with. In fact, there's one in my room, AND my parents have one. Gotta love the old school.

martha said:
Panties wadded up about making cds for people. Social studies terms being thrown around just for people who prefer a hard copy.

Good Lord.

Re: Re: I'm going even more old school on your ass!

elevated_u2_fan said:
Zoots, I sent you my latest 8-Track compilation by pony express last month, has it arrived yet?

Damn... what was before 8 tracks? I wanna be more old school than you! :madspit: :lol:

the tourist said:
I still have a system I could do this with. In fact, there's one in my room, AND my parents have one. Gotta love the old school.

Memories! :love:

Re: Re: Re: I'm going even more old school on your ass!

Zootlesque said:

Damn... what was before 8 tracks? I wanna be more old school than you! :madspit: :lol:

Phonograph records?

martha said:

I know. Exclusionary practices here in B&C. What will be next? Actually paying for the food you eat as well?

Um, he was good-lording at you, not with you. Because it seems that you are the one who has your panties in a bunch. And no, PeeFan probably doesn't pay for most of the food he eats, because he's in high school.

martha said:

I know. Exclusionary practices here in B&C. What will be next? Actually paying for the food you eat as well?

Good to know people will still call out the kids who are getting an education. I guess we could all quit college and dumb down the (already limited) intellect in the United States. We can all go get jobs in factories so we can afford to send you a cd. Thank you for your insight. I now know what to do with my life. Paying for college/an opportunity at a good job really is a waste anyway, right? :|

martha said:

Sorry, you misunderstood.

I said "Good Lord" in response to you, not to the person you were quoting. I said that because I think you couldn't have come off more condescending in that statement. I'm not the only one who thinks that was very rude.

I could care less about the core of this argument, but disagreeing with someone's analysis of their own personal financial situation is more than a little absurd.

Re: Re: I'm going even more old school on your ass!

the tourist said:

My old stereo at my parents' house can still dub. It's also the size of a small car.

the tourist said:

Good to know people will still call out the kids who are getting an education. I guess we could all quit college and dumb down the (already limited) intellect in the United States. We can all go get jobs in factories so we can afford to send you a cd. Thank you for your insight. I now know what to do with my life. Paying for college/an opportunity at a good job really is a waste anyway, right? :|

phillyfan26 said:

I could care less about the core of this argument, but disagreeing with someone's analysis of their own personal financial situation is more than a little absurd.

:up:

Like I said, my parents still partially support me and I've gotten a scholarship that helps, and unlike some in my situation, I know I am extraordinarily lucky and privileged that this is the case. I also work really hard to make my own money, save for grad school, and get the best education I can (when I'm not procrastinating on Interference). I don't understand why you seem to have a problem with people in their teens and early twenties doing this, or with our parents wanting to help us get good educations.

martha said:

That comparison is absolutely absurd, and you know it.

Jeez, guys, just send some CDs to people if you can. If you're too damn poor or, I don't know, if you just don't want to, the other option is available. This couldn't be more simple. Let's not call each other trailer trash because we'd rather make a playlist than send out a CD through the mail.

I almost have enough money to pay for half of my first year of college tuition!

phillyfan26 said:

Hi, I don't really care about what's being discussed in this thread, nor will I comment on it.

But since the Flyers eliminated the Canadiens on Saturday, I'm in one of those moods, so I felt the need to correct you, Pfan. :wink:

I think what you mean here is that you couldn't care less, because if you "could" care less that means you actually do care, even a little bit.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to crying in the corner. :sad:

BonoManiac said:

Hi, I don't really care about what's being discussed in this thread, nor will I comment on it.

But since the Flyers eliminated the Canadiens on Saturday, I'm in one of those moods, so I felt the need to correct you, Pfan. :wink:

I think what you mean here is that you couldn't care less, because if you "could" care less that means you actually do care, even a little bit.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to crying in the corner. :sad:

I actually did mean that, thanks for the correction.

And yes, you lost. Ha.

415293689_fbe227781c.jpg

Is this still on? Or am I too late for all the fun?

Good to see that the torch of U2Kitten has been passed on... :|

Popmartijn said:

:no:
No!!!

At least, not for the ICDE (Interference CD Exchange). What u2popmofo is describing is a CD exchange. Hence, you send out CDs (those tangible shiny discs). That is a good idea. It takes some effort, but that is part of the charm. Just uploading some songs for anyone is too impersonal for me.

Agreed! :up:

However entertaining this thread may have been, might I be so bold as to make a suggestion? It may end up being more work for whoever moderates this thing, but it is workable. I've read where other boards do it successfully.

Have each participant fill out a survey of sorts, listing whether or not they prefer to send/receive cds or links to playlists, or are okay with either option, as well as whether or not they're financially capable of exchanging cds internationally, if they choose the cd option.

If there happen to be uneven numbers of people making such requests, there are usually people who are willing to send to more than one person in each round, or, you could go with a 3-way swap. :up: If this is two much work, maybe more than one person could do the modding?

: suggestion:

Cori, I laughed out loud reading your posts about holding the mic up to the radio speaker. Man, those were the days. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom