AXL ROSE Can't Work With Another Guitarist, Decides To Take Guitar Lessons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
RAGING SLAB/BACKDRAFT singer Greg Strzempka recently spoke to the Swedish web site Metalshrine.se about a number of different topics, including the time RAGING SLAB toured with GUNS N' ROSES. Asked if he "hung out" with the GNR guys, Greg said, "Yeah! Well, Axl [Rose, GNR lead singer] was in his own world even at that time, but Slash [guitar] and Duff [bass] were like the tightest guys with our band. We could party with the big boys ha, ha, ha! Those were funny shows and it was just like watching the biggest rock stars in the world falling apart and that's when they really started doing that. Sometimes it was hilarious and sometimes it was just like...you know. We would drive to some show and Axl decides that he's got diarrhea and can't go on and like, 'No show tonight!' It teaches you a lesson on how to behave and how not to behave. I will never let myself get to this point ha, ha, ha!"

With regards to whether he thinks the new GUNS N' ROSES album will ever come out, Greg said, "I still try to have some compassion because he's a confused human being. Actually my friend...this band from New York that are really good friends of ours, CIRCUS OF POWER, I still talk to those guys and their old guitar player Gary was giving Axl guitar lessons because Axl six months ago decided that he can't work with another guitarist and he's (Gary) really the best lead guitar player, so that's where Axl is right now. 'I'm now going to be the lead singer AND the lead guitarist and I don't really know how to play the guitar!' There's no way...how can you put a record like that out at this point? I said 'Gary, what's the stuff like?' And he was like, 'I really don't know how to describe it!' My prediction is that they'll all smarten up in like five years and get together. Basically when the bank account runs dry ha, ha, ha! It's kind of like 'KISS reunion? Will it happen?' People do get smart sooner or later. That's my prediction and they'll maybe make a new record. You can't argue with that first album! It's a classic!"

:lol:

This has pushed the release date for Chinese Democracy back from Feb 30, 2028 to February 31, 2077.

In a related note, Buckethead was seen drowning his sorrows in a 12 piece bucket of extra crispy.

Back
Top Bottom