Axl Rose breaks his silence: Chinese Democracy out in 2006? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
It's been 15 years. 15 fucking years.

Our favorite sloths U2 have recorded and released 6 albums since the last GNR album.

What happened with that long awaited Stone Roses album in 1994? Flop.

A 20 year old fan who had a boner for Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 is now 35, probably 37 before CD comes out.

It would have to be the greatest album ever recorded to have ANY kind of impact. And W. Axl Rose just isn't that talented w/o the rest of the band.
I agree with all of that.

And I was drunk last night and going out of my way to be nice, or I would have said it my self

Nobody gives a fuck about GnR anymore.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

Nobody gives a fuck about GnR anymore.
Well said.

Old 01-22-2006, 05:42 AM   #48
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Perhaps none gives a fuck about Axl solo album , which Chinese Democracy will be ,but I assure you that if Axl had two more original members it would be different story.Guns were bigger than any band in their prime with tons of fans.But in music and in sport comebacks are very hard.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:08 PM
I was reading about this whole 'Chinese Democracy' thing in an old issue of......'Q' Magazine.....the other week and it just sounds almost as shambolic as Axl Rose himself. I'm surprised he thinks people still care...
Old 01-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Axl Rose must change his name into the right anagram.............Oral Sex, and so he gets interesting again..........

Old 01-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #51
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Some people make some good points about people not careing but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I know which way I'm leaning and I'm bettting most of you will have to eat your words when the album comes out. I'm under the impression that if and when an official release date is announced for an album with the Guns N' Roses name attatched to it, there will be a shit load of people who are interested in hearing it. Everything though will hinge on the lead off single. I know where I live there is still a huge interest in Guns N' Roses. Their Greatets Hits which was relased in March 2004 is still in the top 30 at the HMV in Red Deer. People still care. At least here they do.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:12 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~
Dear Axl,

No one cares.

Regards,
GnR fans (former and present)

Seriously... how long has Chinese Democracy been in the works? Even the album title, which I'm pretty sure was announced years ago, is already tired and featureless like Axl's post-facelift face. Enough is enough.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 AM   #53
War Child

Local Time: 01:08 AM
"Chinese Democracy soon"

VELVET REVOLVER star Slash has confirmed the new Guns N' Roses album will be released this spring.

Speaking on Virgin Radio yesterday, the guitarist revealed that after months of speculation Chinese Democracy will finally hit the shops in March.

Although no longer in Axl Rose's band, Slash said: “I’m really excited. Its been a long time waiting to see what the next step around the corner was going to be.

“Its coming out in March and apparently it sounds great.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...060837,00.html

This is interesting seeing as its coming from Slash!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #54
Refugee

From the New York Post "Page Six" gossip column:

MUSICAL BRIBE

STEREO nightclub owners Barry Mullineaux and Mike Satsky were closing up their Chelsea hotspot at 5:30 a.m. the other morning when they encountered elusive Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose at the front door. The braided rocker was with bandmates and a bevy of beauties wanting to keep his 44th birthday bash going. Rose was so eager to get inside the club that he offered the owners a little bribe - an exclusive listening party for his yet-to-be released album, "Chinese Democracy." Axl dispatched his driver to retrieve the unreleased CD and the owners proceeded to play host, bartender and DJ to the posse till 8 a.m.

There's no way though that this album comes out in March. There hasn't been a single yet, there hasn't been any promo yet. I can't see it coming out in March, no way! Too much money has been invested by the label not to promote the hell out of this if it does eventually come out
Old 02-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #55
Refugee

sorry double post..
Old 02-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #56
New Yorker

Not expecting it anytime soon but if he releases an album or not doesn't make a whiff a difference to me. Just move on from it. I mean, I would love to hear what Axl wrote/ created just b/c I'm curious.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallucination
From the New York Post "Page Six" gossip column:

MUSICAL BRIBE

STEREO nightclub owners Barry Mullineaux and Mike Satsky were closing up their Chelsea hotspot at 5:30 a.m. the other morning when they encountered elusive Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose at the front door. The braided rocker was with bandmates and a bevy of beauties wanting to keep his 44th birthday bash going. Rose was so eager to get inside the club that he offered the owners a little bribe - an exclusive listening party for his yet-to-be released album, "Chinese Democracy." Axl dispatched his driver to retrieve the unreleased CD and the owners proceeded to play host, bartender and DJ to the posse till 8 a.m.

There's no way though that this album comes out in March. There hasn't been a single yet, there hasn't been any promo yet. I can't see it coming out in March, no way! Too much money has been invested by the label not to promote the hell out of this if it does eventually come out
Wish I could've been there...
Old 02-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #58
War Child

Considering the music biz as it is right now, I am amazed he has been able to work on this album for a decade and it hasn't leaked.

I mean you can find 'Madagascar' on Kazaa - but that's it. So if anything, Axl has a lesson for the biz - how to keep it all under wraps.

Anyhow - I agree he needs a huge single to launch the project. Basically he needs a new 'November Rain' - something epic, complex and just... wow. Does he have that? Dunno.

Either way - his record label is still making money off the GNR back catalogue (I think Billboard reported 'Appetitie' sold around 800,000 copies last year) so they may in fact not be so eager for a middle of the road project to come out and damage the franchise they've built up around GNR.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #59
War Child

Actually scrap that 'leaked' comment - a further search yields 8 or so songs. I shall download and listen.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:08 PM
really? searching under what?