Axl Rose breaks his silence: Chinese Democracy out in 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thatsnotmypuppy said:
Actually scrap that 'leaked' comment - a further search yields 8 or so songs. I shall download and listen.

yeah but none of them are studio versions. They're all shaddy qualitytoo and in my opinion none of them except maybe Madagascar and The Blues will be on the album. IF there's an album.

Lazarus, search for: The Blues, Chinese Democracy, IRS, Rihads and Bedouins, Madagascar, Silkworms, Oh My God, There was a Time, Catcher in the Rye

ummm... I can't think of any more off hand. They're all at least 4 years old though and to be honest I've only ever been able to hear Madagascar, The Blues which are both good and Silkworms and Chinese Democracy which are both crap. Oh My God is on the End of Days soundtrack. You might be able to find IRS though.

A couple are obviously not GNR - but SilkWorms and Madagascar are live clips - but OK quality.

Just a note - some of what is there is Meat Beat Manifesto and System Of A Down - the 'SilkWorms' and 'Madagascar' are the only two that sound legit.

'SilkWorms' is this bizarre soundscape that is just... weird.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Did anyone on here get the IRS demo that just leaked?

I didn't get it in time. All the links have been taken off all the Gn'R sites I've been to, some of the sites even crashed:ohmy: Two songs leaked today. IRS and Better. the feedback from those who did hear these songs today has been overwhelmingly positive. If any one has any more info or even a link to the songs that would be awsome!!!!

thatsnotmypuppy said:
A couple are obviously not GNR - but SilkWorms and Madagascar are live clips - but OK quality.

Just a note - some of what is there is Meat Beat Manifesto and System Of A Down - the 'SilkWorms' and 'Madagascar' are the only two that sound legit.

'SilkWorms' is this bizarre soundscape that is just... weird.

Those two are not the only two that are legit. You can also find Live versions of Chinese Democracy and The Blues. This I know. I've heard them and it is Axl singing and talking. They're are hard to come by though.

I don't know about the other songs but The Blues and Madagascar are excellent songs. If this next record is as good as those two songs than Chinease Democracy will be better than both Use Your Illusion and almost as good as Appetite For Destruction. I really hope it comes out this year at least.

GNR coulda of been a band EASILY on the level on u2 by now if they had kept making music. Axl is easily the biggest hack in rock history. this isn;t funny casue it its beyond a joke. beyond. This album cannot change that. it can't even begin to erase the damage.

Hallucination said:
IRS is actually a pretty good rocker too. Axl's voice is just damn cool.

I prefer it to most of the rock songs from the UYI era, because they were mostly bloated and overlong..IRS has some punch to it.

i wish the record company would just release the albus. release all 32 songs he says he made. This is the one time the record company can do the right thing and overide the artist. This is one time i am in favour the the record company calling the shots. and then sue axl .

david said:
IRS sounds alright... But it doesn't sound like a song that has taken ten years to write and perfect. I know it's a demo.. So maybe it's a demo from 19freaking95 and maybe in 2006 the song might sound like something that could be kickass.

david said:
IRS sounds alright... But it doesn't sound like a song that has taken ten years to write and perfect. I know it's a demo.. So maybe it's a demo from 19freaking95 and maybe in 2006 the song might sound like something that could be kickass.

That's exactly what I thought.

its realy a shame about this whole thing. they started off with 1 classic and 2 great albums in thier career and it was pissed away. like i said they coulda been on the level of u2 or more by now. They have a 15 million sellar and 2 - 7 million sellers and then they never backed it up. now thier a joke. they stated off better then the band this sites named for if u wanna look at it. Boy is realy good but AFD is classic masterpiece. I'll say that war and UYI 2 are both realy great, mabey war might be a bit better. um, then we have UYI 1 vs oct. lol um yeah. listen, i think thiers some good songs on oct, but UYI 1 is 1,000 times better. and 1,000 times more thought out. GNR are the most messed up rock story of all time.

are we taking bets they will show up?
I believe they were supposed to play in Europe in either May 2004 or 2005, but that got scrapped too. I believe either a drummer for the band or a session guy lives in my neighborhood and his daughter usta attend the same school as my kid. I think :scratch:

:hmm:

Any updates? What the hell happened to this album???

You know come to think of it, Axl was really good in predicting the future way back in 1991...

But it's been 14 years of silence
It's been 14 years of pain
It's been 14 years that are gone forever
And we'll never have again

You got that right, Axl! :up:

Back
Top Bottom