Avril Lavigne...come on sound off...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do like Avril.

Couldn't stand Sk8r Boi, but really enjoyed Complicated, Mobile, Losing Grip, My Happy Ending, Nobody's Home, He Wasn't and Keep Holding On is quite decent...

Not a fan of Girlfriend.

She's got my thumbs up.

"Girlfriend" is silly but fun, and I really liked that song she had a few years ago about how it was a "damn cold night" and all that.

I haven't heard much of hers, but there's my opinion. I know you were all waiting for it. :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:
is it just me
or is she now everything she said she hated back in 2002?

merely curious...

possibly, she was 17 at the time. I know I've failed to live up to some of my 17 yr old expectations of myself, and done or become things I swore at the time I never would.

corianderstem said:
I really liked that song she had a few years ago about how it was a "damn cold night" and all that.

I kinda had a guilty pleasure with that song when it came out. :shifty:

The last time she toured through town I took the 2 older mini fahs to see her and I would take them again if they wanted to go.

It was a great show ~ really :up:

There is a copy of the new cd in our home and it is getting played a lot.

I give her this - of all the proper corporate, record label-groomed acts trying to be cool, at least she can play a guitar and write songs.

I don't like her. She's turned into something she never wanted to be. All her old music was about not wanting to become a girly girl like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. Now what do you call Girlfriend? :hmm: The song is addicting though. I don't like it, but everytime it comes on I'm drawn to sing along :crack:

it amuses me that someone could actually deem this some sort of "sellout." avril has always made teeny-bopper music. if anything, the song is MORE "punk" than her earlier stuff, since the chorus is a blatant ramones ripoff (i wanna be your boyfriend). you know the ramones, right avril? they're that band with the cool t-shirt you saw at hot topic that one time.

bollox said:
it amuses me that someone could actually deem this some sort of "sellout." avril has always made teeny-bopper music. if anything, the song is MORE "punk" than her earlier stuff, since the chorus is a blatant ramones ripoff (i wanna be your boyfriend). you know the ramones, right avril? they're that band with the cool t-shirt you saw at hot topic that one time.

she'd know it as hawt topix :wink:

Back
Top Bottom