Avril Lavigne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
Any Avril Lavigne fans out here? If yes, what are you favorite songs and why? And what similarities did you find between Avril and Bono that made you like Avril?

Cheers,

J

Ummmm....I like her even though I probably know better....
no really she's a hell of alot better than the cutsie bubblegum pop crap that britteny and christina does, at least she plays her own instrument.....you have to give people credit there, I'll listen to her if she comes on the raido.:up:

Now about her and bono being the same............I dont' think there are any.:scratch:

Last edited:
Northeast said:

Now about her and bono being the same............I dont' think there are any.:scratch:

I sort of liked the version of Fuel she did on MTV: Icons

:shifty:

*runs out*

jick said:
what similarities did you find between Avril and Bono that made you like Avril?

ummm :scratch: nope, cant think of anything there...

but she is alright, dont mind quite a few of the songs off of Let Go, its quite a good album. Really like the song Mobile actually! :up:

this is kind of like that kid in class who keeps snorting really loud when the teacher is talking and even though he has been told to settle down he keeps doing it anyway and at first it was kind of funny but after awhile no one is laughing anymore, and he claims that its a real snort and that he can't help it, the doctor said so, and it makes everyone all uncomfortable and embarrassed because he just does not know when to quit.

I admired her when she first appeared on the scene. She seemed different, capable. I was interested in her career. Unfortunately, I said these things aloud and unfortunately it was one of those times when my kids were listening. They gave me her album as a birthday present.
Now I try to appreciate what I am given, but I can't appreciate this one musically...at all. I only played the CD once. I try not to think of the CD's I would rather have had when I see it sittiing there taking up space.:sad:

So, what do you think of Avril Lavigne jick? Have you drawn a parrallel between her and Bono?

Lara Mullen said:

I sort of liked the version of Fuel she did on MTV: Icons

:shifty:

*runs out*

I got her "My World" dvd. She doesn't sound too good singing her songs - she's straining to hit the higher notes - but she sounds good doing the rocking songs - like a cover of Green Day and the Fuel you just mentioned.

Cheers,

J

cass said:

So, what do you think of Avril Lavigne jick? Have you drawn a parrallel between her and Bono?

I think Avril has a lot of talent as an artist/songwriter. She's like Bono because she started at a young age and she writes her own songs. It may take her a while to get Bono's stage presence though - even at such a young age Bono had more stage presence than Avril - but I'm sure she's working on that.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
I think Avril has a lot of talent as an artist/songwriter. She's like Bono because she started at a young age and she writes her own songs. It may take her a while to get Bono's stage presence though - even at such a young age Bono had more stage presence than Avril - but I'm sure she's working on that.

Cheers,

J

Didn't the Matrix do the majority of the songwriting on her album?

i find her songs a lot more enjoyable than a lot of what's on the radio. then again i don't usually listen to the radio, or her either. But pop rock like that isn't too bad... except sk8er boi.. that song was retarded.

SkeeK said:
i find her songs a lot more enjoyable than a lot of what's on the radio. then again i don't usually listen to the radio, or her either. But pop rock like that isn't too bad... except sk8er boi.. that song was retarded.

I agree.

I know what you mean, there are many bands/people who I cant say I'm a fan of, but I dont change the channel when their songs come on. In all honesty, the majority of them are better than most anything else on the radio.

And yes, 'Skater Boi' was an awful, awful, awful song.

Her songs could be worse. I find myself enjoying "Complicated", actually. :shifty:

It's her act that drives me nuts. She ought to admit she's pop rock and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with that. Then, we wouldn't laugh at her.

My personal bitch with her she acts like she's the only girl in Canada to play ice hockey as a child and how that proves she's so tough. Lots of girls play ice hockey in Canada and she knows it, but that doesn't sell as well. Likewise with the skateboarding. She's not a groundbreaker by any means, but the media acts like she's a representative of "the new girl" or something, and that makes me mad.

I can't stand anything about her.
Seriously, I'd rather listen to Britney or Radiohead. Not that Britney and Radiohead are alike in any way.

Actually, no. I would rather drill holes in my head than listen to either of the 3. But I do like some pop music.

Back
Top Bottom