Average Joe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was baffled the first episode when she cut some of the better looking guys. She must have done it just to save face though, because last night she whittled it down to actual "Average Joe's"

:yikes: at first I thought that guy was okay, maybe even a little cute... be egads... he is crazy. Never mind that he said that the date was his 'best date ever', etc. meanwhile there was no chemistry at all, and the akward kiss that she gave him was like the kiss that you get from an uncle.

Elvis Presley said:
wonder what the surprise is though?
Maybe bringing in super good looking men? Or an old boyfriend or something? :shrug:
Zach surprised me at the end of the last one...

Monday's at 10pm, at least here in Canada.

I keep wondering if they will have a similar show with a hottie male, and some 'not so pretty' girls, but I don't think it would fly. Girls (myself included) can't handle being part of a group of girls that are selected just because they aren't beautiful.

Elvis Presley said:
some of the guys are total psychos, like the dude that jumped in the mudbath naked. that guy has issues.....:wink:

Yeah, i fell over when I heard about him having sex with very very very very very very very very very very few women

= big fat zero

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

And Tareq is my fave, but I'm guessing he's too young for her - and the broccoli comment my have tarnished him forever :laugh:

BTW, I cringe every time I hear her name - she spells it differently, but in medicine, 'melena' means you have blood in your poo :uhoh:

spinninghead77 said:
I was baffled the first episode when she cut some of the better looking guys. She must have done it just to save face though, because last night she whittled it down to actual "Average Joe's"

Me too. In last week's episode, I was looking at the group and picked out 3 guys I thought were decent looking and too attractive to be there. Those were 3 of the 4 she cut! I was stunned! Then my friend told me, like you say, it's probably fixed that way so the ugliest ones will be last.

But these kind of shows do blow chunks. I don't know where a person gets off thinking they are so good they can judge and evaluate others. That girl seems like an airhead to me. The shows where the family picks the date for a person are not so bad, but I hate this judging stuff. The goodbyes are always so cheesy and fake too. "I really enjoyed knowing you" yeah sure. :tsk:

Last edited:
I saw three of the guys on The Today Show. I haven't watched the show, but I'm intrigued by the concept of having a "pretty" girl have to choose from "ugly" guys. I saw the guys and while I can't say they're the most unattractive physically, they are too weird. I suppose they picked the weirdest of the "ugly" guys to make it marketable, yet unrealistic. Granted, there are a few normal ones, but this once again proves that reality shows are lacking on the reality.

As for the Plain Jane's idea: I think it's brilliant and well over-do.

Anyone still watching this?
Last nights episode was funny, and Zach finally was exposed, IM rooting for Adam, hes the most genuine person on the show, including Melena.
But shes sooo smitten over that other guy...:|

yeah, i like adam as well

but she's a slut and will pick johnny good looking

the more i think about it the more i bet she picks adam

why?

because its what the people want, and the networks are all about giving the people what they want

im pretty sure now after watching the new joe millionaire that there is a bit of scripting involved in all of these"reality shows"

if shows ended in ways people didnt like then they won't watch shows in the future, so i have a feeling the networks have more than a small influence on how these shows will end

i'm totally for adam too.

I wonder if his financial status will sway her...i hope she's not that shallow...but i still want him to win.

WildHoneyAlways said:
What is Adam's financial status???!!!
Umm...well, it's more like a guess, so i hope i'm not giving anything away by guessing it...did you see the scenes for next week?? We know he's a Wall Street Trader, right? Well, in the scenes they all go to the guys' hometowns. In his room at his home, there's is a framed 'fortune 500' magazine with names on it. It wasn't a close enough shot to see if it was his company or his name or what, but I'm assuming he's loaded. Melena was like 'do i really know anything about you?!' or something like that...

in case anyone hasn't watched it yet i'll space down a bit....

WTF?!?!?!!
He's too good for her anyway.
:mad: :mad:

She made a mistake

If I was in her place, that dog on fire incident would have made the final decision for me lol. Adam seems like a great guy - genuinely nice, funny, and down to earth.

The other guy seems a bit vapid to me. I don't think he's that good looking either :shrug:

I guess at least you can say she didn't pick Adam just for his money. Of course she could have had feelings for the other guy based upon time they had together that wasn't shown on camera.

Sorry to say, but she was just too shallow, as much as she tried to convince the cameras otherwise.

The previews for Avg joe 2 look funny, when the supermodel says "Did you make these guys up to look dorkier?"

Back
Top Bottom