Average Joe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that she was shallow and trying to pretend otherwise for the camera

The woman in the next one is even more beautiful, I think they said she was a Miss USA contestant

I thought it was funny and a good ending even though I was rooting for Adam. The other guy was hard to hate. He was a nice guy too and won fairly, its too bad Adam had to lose.

I dont know if I can handle another season of this though.....:|

She said it herself, that every woman is looking for someone like Adam. :yes: Then she went ahead and let physical attraction lead her to the WRONG man. :shrug:
Gawd.... I can't even imagine trying to hold a decent conversation with that other guy, he seems so s...l...o...w...,,,

:cute: I agree that the burning puppy and also the poem in the desert would have sealed the deal for me! :heart:

Oh and did you see Adam swallowing hard over and over while she was telling him goodbye? :sad: :sad: I am so happy though that he was able to pull it together and keep his composure.

I'm sure adam had every single woman in nyc at his doorstep after that though...

yeah, i'm not up for another season of this...i loved this one, but tv people need to know when to stop.

I was pissed off last night yelling at the tv over this one. :mad:
:sad: Poor Adam! He really deserves someone special and I hope he finds her.... hey Adam if you are in California, give me a call!:D

Well I suppose that if Adam had won, it would be argued that it was all concocted by the TV producers to show the Average Joe winning...at least this is pretty true to life with the woman picking "the whole package" ie, looks. It's very depressing really. I really wanted her to pick Adam. :(

I'm pretty sure I'll be watching the next one too...I am such a sucker for this stuff!

:mad: i guess i am cheating-because now I know who she picked in the end! And I am so mad at her:mad: for the way she treated Adam! Altho, i did like Jason! I just really feel sorry for Adam, the Adverge joe! Mel sure found out what it was like to be her 'cousin'!

I was rooting for Adam too. :down:

There is one thing that makes me wonder though. Isn't kinda funny that when she went to Jason's hometown he didn't introduce here to any of his friends or family? I wonder why...

Lemon Meringue said:
There is one thing that makes me wonder though. Isn't kinda funny that when she went to Jason's hometown he didn't introduce here to any of his friends or family? I wonder why...
I thought about that too. You'd think he'd have at least introduced her to his parents, who his LIVES with. :tsk: Then he could've kicked them out for a bit or something.

*shakes head* ok, i admit that i got hooked on this one (first reality tv i've watched)...

first of all, i was totally in love with tareq...seriously, my entire floor heard the scream of anger when he left. i need to find me a man like that.

second, adam was way too good for her. about 2 episodes in, i started really hating her, so that made it more difficult. i mean, i didn't want the guys i liked to win cause i thought she was a real bitch.

they're a good match...i mean, hello! he basically up and told her he wanted to get her drunk to lower her inhibitions. wtf?

I finally got to catch up on some TiVOed stuff tonight (I've been dying to peek in here but resisted).

Poor Adam :( When he made her cry on the 2nd-to-last episode, I thought he had it clinched :mad:

That was funny

That one guy, I can't remember his name, reminds me of weird Al Yankovic. He can't really be that spastic can he? :D

Interesting bunch of guys

So is anyone watching Average Joe 2? I watched a bit of it tonight. They are really trying to pull people in. Its down to one Average Joe guy and one Hunky guy. She gave a guy the boot today that she really had a physical attraction to, but he was pretty shallow. The remaining Average Joe guy really is falling for her. I hope he doesn't get his heart broken.

I agree, I sure hope Brian doesn't get his heart broken either :(

I thing Fredo should have waited until the elimination to tell her off, in front of the cameras, but I guess he just took the more classy way out. I think she really needs attention and affirmation from a "hunky" guy, so I think she'll go w/ the blond guy, unfortunately.

I watch the show..I was so in agreement with Fredo and his comments about how she appears and says one thing..and does another...after the first Average Joe, I was soooo sourpuss about the whole thing..the vanity..the shallowness...I dont know..I had low hopes for this one..but she seems more real in the 2nd Average Joe..less shallow..more in tune to what was important in the quality of a relationship...but then last night..I felt kind of let down..because I saw that shallowness creep in..although I must say..Brian..there is something about him that I couldnt live with..he comes across as someone who has low self esteem and who is needy..and that would bother me to have to carry that weight around...not wanting to do something that would hurt him etc..I like Gill(I thinkg thats his name)..he seems very low key, very humble about his own outcome in the whole process...

I was definitely looking for Fredo to lay it all on the line and let it rip...but that didnt happen...

she has a big secret to reveal..wonder what it is....hmmm...until next week.

The psychology of the Average Joe keeps me coming back for more.

Brian has the emotional connection going for him at this point. Larissa knows that she can trust him, and that he will always be devoted to her. I'm not sure it's enough, though.

Plus, if I were writing the show, the Average Joe needs to win the second season, to make up for the first one, especially since they showed Larissa being so shallow at the beginning of the show.

BUT, I still find it hard to believe that a girl like that would pick a guy like Brian, even as much as I can relate to him. If it does happen, I can see their relationship not working out. After which, Brian will not date for 5 years or something.

TOO funny.... :lol: Did anybody else find the end of this show HIGHLY amusing?! :laugh: (ok, obviously sad about part of it, but FABIO?! :lmao: )

I only watched the last few episodes of this...but...

WTF??????

Who fucking CARES if she dated Fabio in the past? It's not like she said she was engaged to Fabio or something!!! :der:

Yeah...he sure did love her...:rolleyes:

I knew she was gonna do this. I'm glad he dumped her (I could tell he would be that shallow) :mad:

Fabio is 45 - and she's like 22 :eyebrow: I bet she dated 'a' Fabio, not 'THE' Fabio :rolleyes:

Poor Brian :hug:

:madspit: NBC :madspit:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
I knew she was gonna do this. I'm glad he dumped her (I could tell he would be that shallow) :mad:

Fabio is 45 - and she's like 22 :eyebrow: I bet she dated 'a' Fabio, not 'THE' Fabio :rolleyes:

Larrissa is actually just an "innocent 26" year old.

larissa_008_full.jpg

Bonochick said:

WTF??????

Who fucking CARES if she dated Fabio in the past? It's not like she said she was engaged to Fabio or something!!! :der:

Exactly! What an ass! I'm glad I only watched a few episodes of this show, because if I'd watched more that ending would have left me very disappointed. As it is I was left shaking my head because it was so stupid.

Well for that matter, who cares if she WERE engaged to Fabio? Or married and divorced from him...or anyone else for that matter. That was the most bizarre thing to get upset about.

He said all men will understand. Well, men? What exactly IS so terrible about it? :scratch: :confused:

Poor Brian. Well, at least he shouldn't have ANY trouble finding a girlfriend now.

As for Larissa, I can't believe that she was so stupid as to fall for a guy who, when she asked what he wanted to get out of this, said "to be an actor"!!!! She deserves everything she gets.

:tsk:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom