autism...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing that page with us. It's very interesting, and although I've known multiple autistic people (and one was a high savant), I have not met anyone with Asperger's before, or if I have, I didn't know it at the time.

I do know what it's like to be in a minority as I have one diagnosed enzyme defect, and possibly a second (I am going to see about that on Monday afternoon). It's good to share your story with people. :up:

I have a cousin with "high-function" autism (though we think now it's more accurate to call his particular set of symptoms Asperger's) and several learning disabilities run in my family as well, so I hear ya.

it's hard to deal with people that just want to judge you. thank you for sharing that page....

That doesnt sound like much fun at all. I hope you dont get too much crap from it from people.

I have duplicated internal organs on my left side which give me grief, and can prevent me from partaking in some actiivites.

As well as very pale skin. I was born with not enough skin on my back and the bridge of my nose and have to swim in tshirts in the shade. I wasnt allowed out in the day time at school (and now). In Australia, where the weather is warm and swimming/playing outside is expected I received a lot of crap. Still do.

I imagine you would receive a lot more than I ever did. I trust you have the strength of character to deal with the morons. :hug:

It can be tough with people who don't understand. U2Kitten, they thought I had OCD at one time, too, or at least symptoms of it. Ugh. It's a pain in the :censored:.

My twin brothers have a form of autism...the worst part of it is that they seem to have very little grasp of logic which can be very exasperating at times...

On the day you posted this topic verte, there was a letter to the editor in my local newspaper. It was from the mother of an autistic child, responding to a previous letter. I was very moved by her response and am now keen to find the original letter that started the debate. When I have time, I'll quote some of it for you and also check out your link.
There are so many ignorant people in this world it is tragic.
I think I told you before my sister works at a preschool and now works one on one with an autistic boy whom she loves.

Has anyone here read the book 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time' by Mark Haddon? It's written from the point of view of a young lad with asperger's, and has won several awards over here. It's actually aimed at young people, but I found it an incredible read. I'd definitely recommend it :up:

Back
Top Bottom