autechre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...again. sorry.

any of you have any of their albums? they have five, plus other goods and accessories.

whats your favorite? confield? amber? or tri-repetae?

do any of you know if theyre any good live?

so many questions, so few years left to live...

now i see under similiar threads, a thread i started about them a long time ago.

sorry to repeat myself, though to my credit, that thread is about half a year old.

I've heard of them and am interested in them. Got any recommendations, or should I just follow Salome's advice and get an album or find out about Boards of Canada (who probably aren't Canadian anyway).

The only album of theirs I've heard was 'Amber', I thought it was freaking awesome.

Did it make me want to wet my pants? No.

Did I wet them regardless? Yes.

i hate 'em cause i dunno how to pronounce their godawful name

what's their music like? I have NO clue why I haven't heard of them.
If you could compare them to another band...who would they be most like?

not having heard any of their music except one song a few times a couple months ago, i would have to say aphex twin

Weidenbaum: You could use your human names, but you chose something with "tech" in the center of it. How do you pronounce it? How do you pronounce Autechre?

Booth: awe-teh-ker.

Weidenbaum: A million Internet debates just came to a halt.

Booth: That's how we pronounce it.

http://www.disquiet.com/autechre.html

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
actually he said oh-tech-ra
thats the way I would pronounce it

they're more akin to Boards of Canada than Aphex Twin IMO

I still haven't really checked out enough about their stuff

more like Boards of Canada...or Aphex Twin?
:der:
:reject:
I haven't heard of these bands either.
Are these bands on college radio only? Indie bands?
Sorry about all the questions lol.
If you could define their sound (even generally) that would be awesome.
I'm always open for new stuff :hyper:

yeah IDM
here is from allmusic.com

Styles: IDM, Experimental Techno, Electronica, Electro-Techno, Ambient Techno

Like Aphex Twin, Autechre are about as close to being techno superstars as the tenets of the genre and the limitations of its audience will allow. Through a series of full-length works and a smattering of EPs on Warp, Clear, and their own Skam label, the group have consistently garnered the praise of press and public alike. Unlike many of their more club-bound colleagues, however, Autechre's Sean Booth and Rob Brown have roots planted firmly in American electro, and though the more mood-based, sharply digital texture of their update may seem to speak otherwise, it was through early twelves like Egyptian Lover's "Egypt, Egypt," Grandmaster Flash's "Scorpio," and "Pretty" Tony Butler's "Get Some" that their combined aesthetic began to form.
Booth and Brown met through a mutual friend, trading junked-up pause-button mixtapes of their favorite singles back and forth. Happening onto some bargain-basement analog gear through questionable circumstances, the pair began experimenting with their own music before they were out of high school. After some disastrous experiences with a few small labels, the pair sent a tape off to Warp Records, whose early releases by Sweet Exorcist, Nightmares on Wax, and B12 were announcing a new age in U.K.-based techno (and one that Autechre would become a key component in). Releasing a handful of early singles through the label, Autechre's first stabs were collected on their debut full-length, Incunabula, as well as the ten-inch box-set remix EP Basscadet. Subsequent albums would reach a wider audience through stateside reissue, first on Wax Trax!/TVT, later on Nothing (the label managed by Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor), and finally through a stateside branch of Warp. Although stylistically rooted, affectations for the ponderous extend beyond their name and track titles ("C/Pach," "Bronchusevenmx24") with the basic premise of their approach being music without a whole lot of stylistic baggage but plenty of DSP'ed-to-death hyper-programming ? easily one of the most distinctive sounds in the world of electronica.

In addition to Autechre, Booth and Brown have released material as Gescom on their own Skam imprint and through the Clear label, most notably The Sounds of Machines Our Parents Used EP on the latter. The group have also provided a number of memorable remixes (often times more memorable than their original material) for artists including Palmskin Productions, Slowly, Mike Ink, DJ Food, Scorn, Skinny Puppy, Tortoise, Phoenecia, and Various Artists. ? Sean Cooper

Thanks Skeek for going out of your way to describe their sound!!
You rock, babe :D :up: MUCH Appreciated!!! :kiss:
Okay sooooo....while I was getting Radiohead today...I found one of Autechre's albums (unless they only have one...I dunno)...
It's the one called "Draft"...it's got green on it...
But fuck...it was 23.99.....I mean HOLY SHIT :eek:
But if you tell me it's worth buying it, then I will...

oh mmmbono, your so green with eagerness - you belong in a movie.

why not download a few songs first? really, they might not be your thing. remember, this is not rock in any way, which doesnt mean im implying you cant like it.

just make sure you listen to something before you buy it ok?

bear..I'm hoping that was a compliment....:lol:
And you can call me Autumn, btw. :sexywink:
Don't worry. I won't bite. Well maybe your ass. :drool: :tongue:
Any suggestions on where to download?
I'm staying away from Kazaa. For a couple of reasons...
I really haven't downloaded any free music in ages....actually since Audiogalaxy went down :crack:
I had problems with Kazaa...basically it more or less blew my motherboard...and my brother also got a huge virus from Kazaa...it wiped out his hard drive. :der:
So I'm staying away from Kazaa.

Back
Top Bottom