Australias favourite album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mandy1973 said:

1. Pink Floyd — Dark Side Of The Moon
2. Jeff Buckley — Grace
3. Radiohead — Ok Computer
4. The Beatles — Abbey Road
5. The Beatles — Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
6. Nirvana — Nevermind
7. Led Zeppelin — Led Zeppelin 4
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers — Blood Sugar Sex Magik
9. Meat Loaf — Bat Out Of Hell
10. U2 — The Joshua Tree

The only album on this list that I own is Meatloaf :drool:

People keep talking about them, so, are these Radiohead kids any good?

Re: Re: Australias favourite album

Shag On A Rock said:

If you like vocals reminiscient of cats being strangled and music that is less experimentation and more sticking a fork up one's arse, twisting ten times, and calling it experimentation, then yes.

Otherwise? Hell no. I find this forum's fascination with all things Radiohead to be incomprehensible.

No! I can't quite pin down my distress. You not knowing the craptitude of Radiohead, freely loving Meatloaf (even that 45 minute epic which makes people kill themselves, the one about doing anything EXCEPT STOPPING THE FUCKING SONG?)... and then I got distracted and forgot the rest.

:grumpylove:

Angela Harlem said:
No! I can't quite pin down my distress. You not knowing the craptitude of Radiohead, freely loving Meatloaf (even that 45 minute epic which makes people kill themselves, the one about doing anything EXCEPT STOPPING THE FUCKING SONG?)... and then I got distracted and forgot the rest.

:grumpylove:

I :love: you.

45 minute epics :drool:

Seriously, Radiohead are those Creep people, yeah? What else do they sing?

PS Its funny you should call me Belinda. Thats the second time thats happened today. How bizarre :hmm:

They sing Creep, Karma Police, and something else which might have been released here. They're not commercially successful unless you count the very commercially successful indie scene of Aus.

:grouphug:

Re: Re: Re: Australias favourite album

Axver said:

If you like vocals reminiscient of cats being strangled and music that is less experimentation and more sticking a fork up one's arse, twisting ten times, and calling it experimentation, then yes.

I am having some serious trouble trying to find a fault in this sentence, not only for the use of words, but also for the accuracy of the statement.

I like the list, but Zeppelin IV is below Nevermind? That's like eating a turd sandwich over a BLT or something.

At least I know if I'm in Australia, they have good music to choose from. :up:

Shag On A Rock said:
Don't think I've heard Karma Police. I think I would remember if I did as karma is decided by ones own actions not any outside party. Dropkicks.

Radiohead isn't a singles band, their strength is in making albums, which is one of the reasons I love them.

OK Computer from start to finish is fantastic, but like it's been expressed already in this thread, Radiohead's a "love 'em" or "hate 'em" type of band, there rarely is an in-between.

Re: Re: Re: Australias favourite album

Axver said:

Otherwise? Hell no. I find this forum's fascination with all things Radiohead to be incomprehensible.

Why don't you just go suck on a Porcupine Tree record or something? I'm sure you'll be much happier. :p

Shag On A Rock said:

Imagine getting your blood drawn and you look over to see the little tube of red. Your eyes roll back as your heart and lungs slow to almost nothing. Then your insides squeeze the last bits of consciousness out of you. That is the feeling you get when listening to Radiohead. You're falling asleep but in an agonizingly painful manner. :)

As I have said before I put on this so called 'awesome' album and all I heard were these computer sounds and completey imcomprehensible vocals. Pure garbage.

Why does everyone hate Meat Loaf? BOOH is one of the greatest rock albums there is imo.

Shag On A Rock said:

The only album on this list that I own is Meatloaf :drool:

Both Shag and Belis Secret ID were here and I missed it :grumpy:

And more to the point, why has noone picked up that you don't have the Joshua Tree??? :madspit: U2 fans :tsk:

COBL_04 said:
As I have said before I put on this so called 'awesome' album and all I heard were these computer sounds and completey imcomprehensible vocals. Pure garbage.

Oh, so you finally made it to Fitter Happier? :hyper: Or did you just start there and shut it off immediately after? :wink:

Radiohead's a "love 'em" or "hate 'em" type of band, there rarely is an in-between

I actually consider myself part of that in-between, I mean they have some rather good stuff and also some shockingly awful stuff - like a whole bunch of bands.

I like Kid A much more than OK Computer.

Back
Top Bottom