Australians with broadband?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I'm with Telstra. I know, you dont need to tell me how wrong this is. I pay $76/month for supposed 512 speed which I rarely get. I'm not sure what speed I do get, but I do know it fluctuates and is entirely not worth this money.

Anyone else know of cheaper rates? Must be broadband as cable is not available in my area. Does anyone feel like divulging who they're with and what the speed and rates are?

I'm willing to change mobile and home too, if packages exist with other companies, providing it's not iPrimus who're on a fast boat to hell. :|

Thanks dears.

check out www.whirlpool.net.au which goes over all broadband providers and services and rates them, I am paying 70 a month for 512 with unlimited download although a speed cap takes place after 40 or 50 gig.

Ha. I just wrote a really long reply and then realised my isp is not available outside WA. :lol:

Heres my reply. I typed it so I will post it :D
-----------------
I'm with elink, who were a Perth based company but have just been bought out by somebody that I have forgotten. If you go to: http://www.elink.net.au/base.php?display=3

You can type your phone number in and see if its available in your area.

I pay $59.95 a month for 512 and 16'000 MB downloads. If I go over (which I have never done) its $0.10 excess, that is capped at $99.95. I think I get a 30MB webpage and 5 email addresses but I haven't really looked into that side.

Theres other cheaper, and more expensive packages.

http://www.elink.net.au/base.php?display=3

I think they're good. I have been with them ever since OneNet went under and my account was transferred to Iprimus who do indeed suck.

Last edited:
Thanks for that link A_W. None of them in my parametres look remotely familiar, but I guess that's ok.
I used to have TPG on dialup and they weren't too bad I guess, considering.
I'm more of a tightarse than a d/l nut so I'm hoping to find something under $40 a month. Caps dont bother me as I dont even get near my current 1 GB limit.

Now I'm confused lol. I'll try yours beli, ta everyone.

Yeah it looked good. Another problem I keep forgetting to mention is I need one which is DD. I don't have a credit card.

This iiNet looks ok. :hmm: Popular at least. It seems awfully cheap though.

ooh thats a good idea. i dont know where the nerds hide out though. they stuck all us art students right out the back near the cow paddocks.

They could be down the back with you too. We keep our nerds in the basement. :lol:

Don't you have a computer lab in your neck of the campus? There will help desk nerds somewhere within reach of the computer lab.

I have iinet and I am really happy with it. They have some pretty good deals on at the moment so it might be worth looking at. I have been with them for about 5 years. My standard statement to them when I ring up for help is "I'm really dumb with computers". They always are really good at explaining stuff, they are happy to go over things a number of times and they have even rung me back to check everything was going okay. Broadband wise they are no problem and I haven't had any "down" times in the past 12 months. I would recommend giving them a go. They also have packages for the phone which I think I will get into (I've just been too busy to ready all the guff that you need to read to make sure you are getting what you want.)

Back
Top Bottom