Australian open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
:ohmy: Tsonga blew Nadal away. If he has this kind of game in the finals he could win the tournament.

I am convinced Tsonga is Federer in disguise, while the current Federer is a defunct clone.

Woohoo I knew Djokovic could do it! In straight sets no less, though the momentum was definitely shifting at the very end there. Djokovic's serve and sheer nerve got him through in the end. The crowd was so against him as well, I guess trying to lift Federer to the challenge. That statement sounds backwards, but Federer was taking a beating out there from the outset.

What a way for the new guard to make a push for the ascendancy, in both the men's and the women's, all in the one grand slam. To think that men's tennis will soon have to contend with Djokovic's two younger bro's, as well.. And how strong are the Eastern European stocks these days, both men and women?

Sharapova destroying Henin was very impressive as well, in fact perhaps even more impressive than tonight's Djokovic performance as Henin didn't play too badly but was way overpowered.

What a great tournament..

Buh-bye Fedex. Who would have thought Tsonga-Djokovič will be the final ?

U2girl said:
Buh-bye Fedex. Who would have thought Tsonga-Djokovič will be the final ?

ehm, no! wow, first time for years that he didn't reach the final.

Congrats Đoković! First Serbian player to win a major. :)

It was disappointing to see the Aussie crowd rallying so hard against him, sometimes to the point of cheering his serve faults, as if they mistook his fierce competitiveness for petulance. Or perhaps they just loved the underdog (Tsonga) that much..

What a great match that was. Not technically perfect, but very exciting to watch.

And Djokovic was a worthy winner.

Hopefully Tsonga doesn't end up like Schuettler or Enqvist or Clement or other Aussie Open finalists of years past....

Back
Top Bottom