Australian Music - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Favourite Australian Band/Artist?
Powderfinger - Australia's answer to U2 3 8.11%
The Avalanches 1 2.70%
george 0 0%
Something for Kate 1 2.70%
Blue Bottle Kiss 0 0%
Augie March 0 0%
Crowded House 6 16.22%
the Scientists 0 0%
Midnight Oil 3 8.11%
Regurgitator 0 0%
the Screaming Jets 0 0%
Silverchair 2 5.41%
Skyhooks 0 0%
Hunters and Collectors 2 5.41%
Natalie Imbruglia 1 2.70%
The Living End 2 5.41%
John Butler Trio 0 0%
Kylie Minogue ahahahaha! no freakin way! 1 2.70%
Nick Cave 6 16.22%
other 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2002, 11:02 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 04:15 PM
all the mods there are asses. I got banned the first time because I had the sigil of baphomet in my sig(same pic as now). The one mod, liebling, said it was offending everyone so she banned me. All they do is post things like "Im going to bed now" or "What are you listening to right now?". We should get a whole bunch of people and go take over that board.

Old 07-15-2002, 05:58 PM   #47
The Fly

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
Argh..Darren Hayes...Cant stand him...can't stand most of his fans either

Truly, if you post on ASG you probably know how I get along with savage garden fans. So far I've gotten 2 names banned on there. But I'm back to disturb their mindless discussion!
I used to post on ASG, but I sort of drifted away from there when I became a U2 fan. I haven't posted regularly there for about a year now, but occasionally I lurk there a bit, just to see if anything major has happened. I can't really cope with more than one board at once - I spend too much time on the computer as it is. I do remember you getting banned once though, when you had the same name as here.

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
We should get a whole bunch of people and go take over that board.
I think we should just leave them alone. They seem to be a nice enough bunch of people to me Several of them are U2 fans too! It's their board after all, they should be allowed to do what they like there if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamsMango
But I met him and he was unbeliveable! He was so sweet
You met Darren!!!!!!! You are too lucky Mango! I'd love to meet him. He comes accross as the sweetest guy in the world

I think I remember you from somewhere too - maybe ASG. I remember someone had the word mango in their name. I'm guessing it was probably you.

Old 07-15-2002, 06:04 PM   #48
Refugee

I also went under the name reload. Now I am called Refresh and hardly any of them have a clue who I am! They seem nice but they're not. They say that I offend them with my religion so I say that they offend me with all their posts like "please pray for my friend" and such. I tried to start a serious post like Other Religions and it got 7 replies. Unlike the post "Im going to bed now" which got 30.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:42 PM   #49
Babyface

Local Time: 05:15 PM
I just saw INXS live last weekend!

Euphoria.

Best band to come out of Australia. Ever.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:01 PM   #50
Refugee

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Thanks for your reply to my post Kieren Mc- I can honestly see what you mean about Powderfinger, I can say that I think that they are damn fine musicians and produce some great music, however it just does nothing for me and for so long I have wondered why it is that I was not getting the finger vibe, I do however like some of their more rocky stuff like that song about Ray and the dog one -(I think that Anthony'the man'Mundine was in the clip for that song), maybe I am just not one for the sentimental ballad.....anyway I liked the artists that you picked, I have always had a special spot for the Go Betweens, and I was only reminded of them last night as I watched the secret life of us and they played a snippet of the streets of your town- how many great songs did McLenan and Forster write????? and Machine Gun Fellatio are probably my pick along with the Avalanches as Aussie artists to produce new and unique music in the last year or so.....oh and Kieren on a side note who is that that is featured in your avatar??????
Old 07-16-2002, 05:30 AM   #51
Refugee

Local Time: 09:15 PM
I'm in love with... I'm in love with... I'm in love with a girl called Amanda!

Oz's very own mullett boy [
Old 07-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #52
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Truly

You met Darren!!!!!!! You are too lucky Mango! I'd love to meet him. He comes accross as the sweetest guy in the world

I think I remember you from somewhere too - maybe ASG. I remember someone had the word mango in their name. I'm guessing it was probably you.
Yeah, he was so sweet. He had the cutest accent up close and he was taller then I expected! I am 5'7" or 5'8" and he still looked tall to me. I met him on June 15th at Lizard Fair in Midland, Michigan. One of my friends Janet got me backstage. She was so nice to do that for me. I posted at ASG a loooonng time ago. But Remco, the board owner or whatever made me mad and I left. I post at darrenhayes.com message board too. Best place to get news on Darren. It sucks compared to here on the features. but the people are nice. And not that much different then the people here! So we should be nice to them!