Australia vs Uraguay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr Gloria said:
how does everyone rate the australia players?

i mean..where does kewell and viduka sit in say the worlds rankings?

what about our 2nd tear player..like neil and chipperfiled etc?

im an AFL fan..forgive my ignorance....

kewell has become something of a laughing stock now at Liverpool, he always seems to be injured and is a shadow of the player he used to be at Leeds.

Viduka is still a class player although he is quite injury prone as well. Tim Cahill is the probably the best player form-wise that the aussies will be taking to the WC as he was sensational for Everton last year, he scored a lot of goal from midfield and thats an invaluable thing to have if your strikers aren't performing.
Brett Emerton scored a great goal last week for Blackburn but i haven't seen him play much.

i don't really know much about the rest of the team!

thanks 1stepcloser!

so you rekon its kewell/viduka and cahill are our better players...

i guess it doesnt match up with the beckham/rooney/owner threesome...lol

see u in 2006!

Yeah I second 1stepcloser's calls. Kewell went from being fucking awesome when he first transferred to unfufilled potential to now, which is a merely somone fighting for the right to sit on the bench.

Cahill has been brilliant for the past three years with both Milwall and Everton. :up:

I'm not sure I'd entirely agree with the Kewell/Cahill assessments.
When he has been fit Kewell has put in some very good performances for Liverpool like the player he used be, for instance he was amazing when Liverpool beat Olympiakos last season and there have been signs that he's on his way back. Benitez is a big fan and he is certainly no fool. He's on huge money at Liverpool but there's been no attempt to move him on.

Cahill like many at Everton has had a disappointing start to the season so it's difficult to tell whether he is a genuinely good player, or a one season wonder.

If Kewell returns to full fitness and form Australia have one of the World's best players and I would guess how well Oz do will have a lot to do with him.

Although as Greece, South Korea, Liverpool and Porto have recently proved the most important man is the manager and Australia have one of the best if not the best in the world.

Its been 2 or 3 years now since Kewell went to Liverpool and he still isn't producing the goods for them. We all know how good he used to be, even man united desperately tried to sign him. In the end he chose liverpool and some people in the football media claimed that the reason he chose liverpool was because he knew he wasn't good enough to challenge Ryan Giggs' position. I cant see him suddenly producing the form he showed for leeds by next summer, maybe he will turn things around but i think Benitez could be losing patience.

Cahill hasn't been that great for Everton this season but Australia aren't a world beating side and you have to say when looking at their team that he is definitely one of the positives even if Everton have been playing poorly of late. his late runs into the box could be the key to australia getting valuable points.

1stepcloser said:
Its been 2 or 3 years now since Kewell went to Liverpool and he still isn't producing the goods for them. We all know how good he used to be, even man united desperately tried to sign him. In the end he chose liverpool and some people in the football media claimed that the reason he chose liverpool was because he knew he wasn't good enough to challenge Ryan Giggs' position. I cant see him suddenly producing the form he showed for leeds by next summer, maybe he will turn things around but i think Benitez could be losing patience.

Cahill hasn't been that great for Everton this season but Australia aren't a world beating side and you have to say when looking at their team that he is definitely one of the positives even if Everton have been playing poorly of late. his late runs into the box could be the key to australia getting valuable points.

I just want to point out (slightly off topic maybe) that Everton have improved of late...last 3 games 1-1 Chelsea (!) 1-0 birmigham and 1-0 middlesbourough:up:

Back
Top Bottom