Australia and the 2004 Olympic Games - Waltzing Matilda - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2004, 08:33 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:52 PM
PS: I only watched the events at out local Olympics...they had rowing and equestrian, hoops and brooms I didn't stay for the medal presentation, I'm not sure how our team fared.
My friend is named Joey, so the chant was Go Mexijo.
Made me realise how beautiful the Brasilian flag is. The kids had painted them , about 12 countries. They looked good all assembled but I don't have a camera.
I just got back from U 16 soccer, we lost 3-0

Old 08-30-2004, 01:53 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 06:22 PM
They're all over. Our best Olympics ever, how fantastic is that!!! Some great highlights for silver on the last day - especially Mathew Helm's near-perfect 99.96 for the last dive of the competition, and the boys in the relay. Yay!!!

Old 08-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:52 PM
hi Luthien Black...it was enjoyable. I liked some of the little tribute videos made for some of our athletes. I saw one for the female beach volleyball player with the injured shoulder. They played U2's Pride for her. I also saw Elevation used in that way but can't recall now who it was for. Very touching anyway.

My friend phoned this morning to tell me Mexico won the "olympics" Ole! They were the only team that didn't cheat. The captain of the 6 member nation teams had to keep their scores and I'm pleased to say the Mexicans were honest. I told my friend before the games commenced that Mexicans are good at diving. "I thought they were good at dancing." she replied
Yep , it has been a lot of fun.
They are trying to decide how to welcome home our local champions, Petria Thomas, Nathan Bagley and Brent Livermore. Party Party Party
I mainly listened to random events on the radio. Some of the commentators became so excited. I saw some equestrian, some kayaking ( canoeing is an extraordinary event) I saw the Brasilian men win the beach volleyball, some of the men's triathalon and I watched some rhythmic gymnastics on the weekend.

On a more personal note, my son's Under 16 soccer team came 3rd out of 11 teams in the local winter competition. We are in the fsemi-finals this week. It's the last year as juniors for some of them. GO THE BEARS!

...for we are young and free....
our land abounds with nature's gifts
of beauty rich and rare......oi oi oi