Austin City Limits where to go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

Refugee
So myself and others on this board are going to the ACLF now the schedule sucks for the bigger acts seeing as there are a lot of people in here who do know about music and concerts (including the pretentious ones:wink:) to which band would you go?

Queens Of Stone Age or Spoon

The Killers or Bjork

Arctic Monkeys or Muse

Arcade Fire or White Stripes

Devotchka or Rodrigo y Gabriela

Wilco or Morning Jacket

well this are the ones that are screwing with my head, as much as it pains me not seeing the White Stripes I'll go for Arcade Fire, and as much as I wanted to see Rodrigo and Gabriela to see what's all the fuss about I'll probably go to Devotchka but other than that advice and comments are welcomed

Last edited:
Spoon
Bjork
Muse
Arcade Fire OR The White Stripes? Fuck me, that's hard.
DeVotchKa
Wilco.

I'll probably get myself banned for saying this but I might just choose Killers over Bjork:|

Hey, I was torn between the two as well, but I've just been in more of a Bjork mode recently.

are you going to the festival?

I've just never been that much into Bjork so that's another reason

LemonMacPhisto said:
Spoon
Bjork
Muse
DeVotchKa
Wilco.

Those would be my choices, too. I listen to the Killers more than I Bjork, but it's easier to see the Killers in the U.S. The Arcade Fire/White Stripes decision is a tough one. It would probably just come down to whatever mood I was in that day.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

The Arcade Fire/White Stripes decision is a tough one. It would probably just come down to whatever mood I was in that day.

Or whether you'd want to go bowling afterwards. Don't be rude, BonoIsMyMuse. :wink:

I'd go with:

Spoon
Bjork
Muse
Arcade Fire
Devotchka
Wilco

I hope you enjoy the festival! :up:

you have to choose between Muse and the Arctic Monkeys?! that's horrible.

no idea
The Killers (Bjork? really? over the Killers?)
Arctic Monkeys
White Stripes
no idea
Wilco

Mofo said:
are you going to the festival?

I've just never been that much into Bjork so that's another reason

I wish, when is it again?

discothequeLP said:
you have to choose between Muse and the Arctic Monkeys?! that's horrible.

no idea
The Killers (Bjork? really? over the Killers?)
Arctic Monkeys
White Stripes
no idea
Wilco

If Muse and Arctic Monkeys were Star Wars characters, Muse would be Darth Vader and Arctic Monkeys would be Jar Jar Binks.

I jus' sayin'

Last edited:
thanks Screwtape2:up: I will, last couple of years I missed it so I'm really looking forward to it

as for Muse and Arctic Monkeys I listen more to Muse but lately I've been getting into Arctic Monkeys so that could change

^its September 14-16

^Well Arcade Fire is the main reason I'm going so...besides I've seen White Stripes and it was amazing so I know what I'll be missing which is why it sucks but there's no doubt I'll go to AF

Queens Of Stone Age
The Killers
Muse
Arcade Fire

Devotchka or Rodrigo y Gabriela ¿?¿?¿?

Wilco

that's my take

LemonMacPhisto said:
Spoon
Bjork
Muse
DeVotchKa
Wilco.

Bingo.

I'd probably pick The White Stripes over Arcade Fire but it would suck to have to pick one.

pepokiss said:
Queens Of Stone Age
The Killers
Muse
Arcade Fire

Devotchka or Rodrigo y Gabriela ¿?¿?¿?

Wilco

that's my take

The Killers, Muse, Wilco and Arcade Fire are pretty much for sure, I'm not a big fan of either QOSA or Spoon but I'm open to either.

as for Devotchka you should check them out they are amazing especially How It Ends both song and album

Rodrigo and Gabriela...here are some videos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tUYQMslOobw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-lvMQCmUVv8

they are really not my type of music but it would be quite interesting to watch them, they are Mexican but they are becoming famous in Europe they are not known at all in here.

The Wilco love is unbearable, good and all but MMJ kicks so much ass live, if you've never seen them you really should.

I may be the only one who would choose Arctic Monkeys, but they are a lot of fun and I've seen Muse before.

The only band out of all of those that I would be even remotely interested in hearing is Muse. What a dreadfully shitty festival.

Axver said:
The only band out of all of those that I would be even remotely interested in hearing is Muse. What a dreadfully shitty festival.

you're right what was I thinking...I should sell my ticket:rolleyes:

Mofo said:

as for Devotchka you should check them out they are amazing especially How It Ends both song and album

I've seen them live and I loved them.

Spoon
Bjork
Muse
Arcade Fire
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Wilco

I just saw Rodrigo y Gabriela a few weeks ago and they were amazing. One of the most fun concerts I've ever been to, and those two can fucking rock. :rockon:

Wow...some really tough choices here...

Spoon
The Killers
Muse
White Stripes
Devotchka
Wilco

:shrug:

A lot of you gusy are picking White Stripes over Arcade Fire which surprises me a lot since I thought Arcade Fire was a big favorite in this forum, is Icky Thump that great or just the general vibe of a White Stripes show over an Arcade Fire?

Mofo said:
A lot of you gusy are picking White Stripes over Arcade Fire which surprises me a lot since I thought Arcade Fire was a big favorite in this forum, is Icky Thump that great or just the general vibe of a White Stripes show over an Arcade Fire?

I have every White Stripes album on my iPod.

I only have one Arcade Fire song on my iPod, and that's because it came on a compilation CD I got with a magazine.

I just haven't taken the time to check out Arcade Fire any further yet.

Icky Thump truly is great though. :love:

I like Arcade Fire a bit more than the White Stripes, but I've seen Arcade Fire live already...I'm really curious what Jack and Meg sound like together on stage. :love:

oh ok...I saw White Stripes at the begining of their tour for Get Behind Me Satan and they were amazing but I really want to see Arcade Fire and it would also be my first time

As Interland's ACL guru, here is what I'm taking (or would take) of those listed:

Spoon - Fantastic new album, great band to see live, and a hometown favorite. This one's a no brainer.

Bjork - I saw the Killers in April and I was underwhelmed. I have recently really got into Bjork and hear she's a great live act. I might skip this slot entirely if Arcade Fire does an aftershow that night.

Muse - I don't care for Arctic Monkeys, but Muse puts on one of the better shows I've seen.

Here's where things get tricky. The White Stripes supposedly have an aftershow on Sunday night. If I get tickets to that, I'll be seeing Arcade Fire at the festival. If Arcade Fire does an aftershow Friday night and I get tickets for that, I'll see the Stripes. I've seen each band once before and both shows are high on my all time favorite list. This one is entirely contingent upon which aftershow I snag tickets to.

DeVotchKa, but I've never heard either group so who am I to tell you?

Wilco is my favorite band and I've seen them several times. They've also just released my second favorite album of the year. MMJ is a band I really enjoy, owning three of their albums and pining to see their live show for quite awhile. But since they'll be recording a new album and, subsequently, going out on tour soon, I'm going to wait to see them until then and see my boys in Wilco.

I hate the schedule makers this year. The worst one I had last year was Stars vs. Wolf Parade. The conflicts are of a much higher profile this year.

Ever find a hotel, Mofo?

^thanks for the detailed input...are the after shows a sure things, are tickets gonna be put on sale at ticketmaster? do artist usually do this at festivals?

I'll check Spoon's albums since I never reall heard them, and most of you who have replied prefer them over QOSA, my take is Killers, Muse, Arcade Fire, Devochtka and Wilco. A couple of my friends prefer Bjork but for some reason I've never really gotten into her music but will see...

As for the hotel we did found one, a bit far about 9 miles from the festival but it was cheap like 80 bucks a night for four persons so it's ok

Arcade Fire's aftershow is just speculation since they played one in 2005, and the Stripes are widely reported to be playing Stubb's on Sunday night opposite Bob Dylan at the Festival.

The only guaranteed thing is that aftershows are going to occur. They are normally announced near the end of July, and the venues won't be Ticketmaster-ish venues. Emo's has its own ticketing site. La Zona Rosa and a few others use gettix.net. Stubb's and the Parish run through frontgatetickets.com. The official site will be updated with this information as it becomes available, and I'll post links and whatnot in my annual ACL megathread (http://forum.interference.com/t176050.html).

Back
Top Bottom