Austin City Limits where to go? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 AM
The Wilco love is unbearable, good and all but MMJ kicks so much ass live, if you've never seen them you really should.

I may be the only one who would choose Arctic Monkeys, but they are a lot of fun and I've seen Muse before.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 AM   #17
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:49 AM
The only band out of all of those that I would be even remotely interested in hearing is Muse. What a dreadfully shitty festival.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
The only band out of all of those that I would be even remotely interested in hearing is Muse. What a dreadfully shitty festival.
you're right what was I thinking...I should sell my ticket
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo

as for Devotchka you should check them out they are amazing especially How It Ends both song and album
I've seen them live and I loved them.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #20
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Spoon
The Killers
Muse
White Stripes
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Wilco

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Re: Austin City Limits where to go?

Spoon
Bjork
Muse
Arcade Fire
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Wilco

I just saw Rodrigo y Gabriela a few weeks ago and they were amazing. One of the most fun concerts I've ever been to, and those two can fucking rock.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
The Male

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Wow...some really tough choices here...

Spoon
The Killers
Muse
White Stripes
Devotchka
Wilco

Old 07-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #23
Refugee

A lot of you gusy are picking White Stripes over Arcade Fire which surprises me a lot since I thought Arcade Fire was a big favorite in this forum, is Icky Thump that great or just the general vibe of a White Stripes show over an Arcade Fire?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #24
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo
A lot of you gusy are picking White Stripes over Arcade Fire which surprises me a lot since I thought Arcade Fire was a big favorite in this forum, is Icky Thump that great or just the general vibe of a White Stripes show over an Arcade Fire?
I have every White Stripes album on my iPod.

I only have one Arcade Fire song on my iPod, and that's because it came on a compilation CD I got with a magazine.

I just haven't taken the time to check out Arcade Fire any further yet.

Icky Thump truly is great though.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #25
The Male

Local Time: 06:49 AM
I like Arcade Fire a bit more than the White Stripes, but I've seen Arcade Fire live already...I'm really curious what Jack and Meg sound like together on stage.

Now.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #26
Refugee

oh ok...I saw White Stripes at the begining of their tour for Get Behind Me Satan and they were amazing but I really want to see Arcade Fire and it would also be my first time
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:49 AM
As Interland's ACL guru, here is what I'm taking (or would take) of those listed:

Spoon - Fantastic new album, great band to see live, and a hometown favorite. This one's a no brainer.

Bjork - I saw the Killers in April and I was underwhelmed. I have recently really got into Bjork and hear she's a great live act. I might skip this slot entirely if Arcade Fire does an aftershow that night.

Muse - I don't care for Arctic Monkeys, but Muse puts on one of the better shows I've seen.

Here's where things get tricky. The White Stripes supposedly have an aftershow on Sunday night. If I get tickets to that, I'll be seeing Arcade Fire at the festival. If Arcade Fire does an aftershow Friday night and I get tickets for that, I'll see the Stripes. I've seen each band once before and both shows are high on my all time favorite list. This one is entirely contingent upon which aftershow I snag tickets to.

DeVotchKa, but I've never heard either group so who am I to tell you?

Wilco is my favorite band and I've seen them several times. They've also just released my second favorite album of the year. MMJ is a band I really enjoy, owning three of their albums and pining to see their live show for quite awhile. But since they'll be recording a new album and, subsequently, going out on tour soon, I'm going to wait to see them until then and see my boys in Wilco.

I hate the schedule makers this year. The worst one I had last year was Stars vs. Wolf Parade. The conflicts are of a much higher profile this year.

Ever find a hotel, Mofo?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #28
Refugee

^thanks for the detailed input...are the after shows a sure things, are tickets gonna be put on sale at ticketmaster? do artist usually do this at festivals?

I'll check Spoon's albums since I never reall heard them, and most of you who have replied prefer them over QOSA, my take is Killers, Muse, Arcade Fire, Devochtka and Wilco. A couple of my friends prefer Bjork but for some reason I've never really gotten into her music but will see...

As for the hotel we did found one, a bit far about 9 miles from the festival but it was cheap like 80 bucks a night for four persons so it's ok
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Arcade Fire's aftershow is just speculation since they played one in 2005, and the Stripes are widely reported to be playing Stubb's on Sunday night opposite Bob Dylan at the Festival.

The only guaranteed thing is that aftershows are going to occur. They are normally announced near the end of July, and the venues won't be Ticketmaster-ish venues. Emo's has its own ticketing site. La Zona Rosa and a few others use gettix.net. Stubb's and the Parish run through frontgatetickets.com. The official site will be updated with this information as it becomes available, and I'll post links and whatnot in my annual ACL megathread (http://forum.interference.com/t176050.html).
Old 07-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #30
Refugee

you'd rather go to White Stripes than Bob Dylan??

thanks a lot for the info!!