Austin City Limits Music Festival 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
It's that time of year again, when the magical ACL lineup springs from its nook in the soil of Zilker Park to bring tidings of great joy to Austinites like yours truly. Of course, out of towners are welcome too. ACL is on September 14-16 this year, and it's probably my favorite weekend of the year.

The lineup comes out tomorrow at midnight, at which time I'll certainly be posting it in this thread for those of you who are interested. There have been a few confirmed acts trickling down the interwebs, though:

* Andrew Bird
* Andy Palacio
* Asleep at the Wheel
* Augustana
* Beau Soleil
* Ben Kweller
* Blonde Redhead
* Blue Mother Tupelo
* Charlie Musselwhite
* Christina Bell
* Eli Young Band
* Gotan Project
* Guy Forsyth
* Heartless Bastards
* Indigo Girls
* Jake Owen
* Jones Family Singers
* Joss Stone
* Kevin Gordon
* Kings of Leon
* Peter, Bjorn and John
* Raul Malo
* Rev. Horton Heat
* Robert Earl Keen
* Rodrigo Y Gabriela
* Rose Hill Drive
* Ryan Bueter
* Sara Hickman
* Stephen Marley
* The Dynamites featuring Charles Walker
* The Jellydots
* The Little Ones

There are three more already confirmed artists, and thus far they're the only ones I'm excited about despite the fact that I've seen two of them live before:

175754bjorklze2.jpg

decemberistsyg0.jpg

And one of the best live acts I've ever seen,
20070319whitestripesod7.jpg

Those three are enough to make me glad I already bought my three day pass without the lineup being out. But the lineup is out tomorrow at midnight CST, and I'll be posting it right away.

GET EXCITED, BITCHES.

As you should. As an added bonus, you'd be able to trade Office quotes back and forth with me to your heart's content.

I'm guessing the music scene is more of a draw though.

Well considering I've only posted 35 of 130, I think it's probably going to improve.

Read the entire post. The entire lineup comes out at midnight tonight. I'll be putting it up immediately.

I was thinking of going to this, but outside of the White Stripes, Decemberists, and Kings of Leon, there's no one else there I'm interested in seeing, but I'll wait until midnight to make my judgment.

http://www.aclfest.com/lineup.aspx

BJORK
THE WHITE STRIPES
MY MORNING MOTHERFUCKING JACKET
THE ARCADE FIRE
WILCO
THE KILLERS
BLOC PARTY
DAMIEN RICE
THE DECEMBERISTS
REGINA SPEKTOR
CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH
GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY
PETE YORN
YO LA TENGO
JOSEPH ARTHUR
THE NATIONAL

and BOB DAMN DYLAN

smielephantiy2.gif

goddammit, impy. i hate you.

no, i really don't.

but i kinda do.

wow.

Pretty good. There's about 6 artists there that I would see separately, but I'm already planning to see the White Stripes when they get near anyway.

But it is tempting for Wilco and My Morning Jacket. :ohmy:

Never been to Texas before...and I hear Austin is the only good place in Texas.... :hmm: Damn, I wish I had more time and money!

I think I read Arcade Fire will be there too, from their site.

eta: never mind - I see you already listed them.

usually by what month do the 3 day tickets sell out??? ayone? I'm definetely going but I'm just need a little more time

June-ish. There is really no telling though. I hear they're selling in record time this year.

For those of you who are too lazy to click on a link, here's a spiffy photo:

aclmi9.jpg

(Not pictured in photo: me. I keep my shirt on.)

inmyplace13 said:
June-ish. There is really no telling though. I hear they're selling in record time this year.

thanks!! a bunch of us are going, I'm really excited since the past two years I couldn't go!! which hotels are you guys staying or would you recommend me?

Well, I'll be staying at my apartment...

But I'd recommend trying to book a hotel now-ish. It's a huge weekend in Austin and the hotels get filled up. If you want to be in the thick of the city (6th Street and all that), you really can't beat the Hilton downtown. The Hyatt right by town lake would be an ideal spot for a festival-goer. There's also an Omni and a Doubletree Guest Suites between campus and Zilker Park.

If you need anymore help with it, let me know. I'd definitely recommend attempting to book it now though.

thanks I have a lot of work right now but I'll look into it this weekend, I usually reserve in expedia.com so I'll see the ones you are recommending thanks!!

Lots of the same acts as Lollapalooza this year. Midlake will be at ACL which fries me. I'd like to see them. Snow Patrol will be at Lolla. Went last year, going this year. Would love to go to Austin...2 years of Lolla and I need a change

I'll be out of the country that week which sucks because this is the only US festival with such an awesome line-up. PJ is at Lollapalooza but they're one of the few I'd want and I'll just see them like 3 times next year.

But Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, The National, My Morning Jacket, Bob Dylan, Killers, etc. :drool:

Luckily I'm seeing The National this week, MMJ opened for PJ last year, I missed my chance to see the Killers in a small club, I'll be seeing Muse later this summer but damn Arctic Monkeys and especially Bloc Party since they really aren't doing other shows in America this year.

The grid came out today, and let's just say I'm not very pleased with it. Here you go, kids:

Friday

fridayrt8.jpg

Saturday

saturdayxl0.jpg

Sunday

sundaypd2.jpg

On Saturday I get to choose between Arcade Fire and The White Stripes, two of my very favorite bands. I've seen each live before once. I have no idea which I'm going to pick.

On Sunday I get to choose between Wilco and My Morning Jacket. I've seen Wilco twice and Jeff Tweedy solo twice, but they're also my favorite band. I love MMJ and have been dying to see them, but my obsession with Wilco is making it difficult to choose.

I knew there were going to be scheduling conflicts, but I didn't know they were going to be this bad.

yeah this sucks

crowded house-joss stone
killers-bjork
arctic monkeys-muse
arcade fire-white stripes
devochtka-rodrigo and gabriela
wilco-my morning jacket

i'll probably choose crowded house, killers then catch the last half hour of bjork, muse, arcade fire, devochtka and wilco...still excited!!!:wink:

Lucinda Williams, Wilco, and Bob Dylan in the same day? I'd die of happiness. I can hardly contain my glee at getting to see Wilco and Dylan within two days of each other next week. I saw Lucinda Williams do a five song opening set for Dylan four years ago in New Orleans, and she was fantastic. She'd be a terrific lead-in to Wilco, too. I'm hoping to see her next month when she's about an hour and a half from here.

Wow, that blows with all the best artists playing at the same time. I guess it's not so bad I can't go then afterall, I'd be paying that much to miss a lot of the people I'd like to see.

I'm picking up my wristband at 3 today.
smielephantin7.gif

Full reports with pictures due this weekend. More instructions will follow.

Cordially,
Future imp13

9/11/07, 3:32 pm EST
The White Stripes Pull Out of Austin City Limits Festival

Citing medical reasons, the White Stripes have canceled their Austin City Limits festival performance at the eleventh hour today. Jack and Meg White, who were scheduled to play the AT&T stage at 8:30 PM on Saturday, will be replaced — but event organizers haven’t announced who will take the stage instead just yet.

[Photo: AFP/Getty]
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/09/11/the-white-stripes-pull-out-of-austin-city-limits-festival/#respond

Back
Top Bottom