Austin City Limits Music Festival 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is pretty big news around Austin right now.

I was going to Arcade Fire Saturday, but I had tickets for the Stripes aftershow at Stubb's on Sunday. I'm so disappointed.

hopefully they'll manage to bring someone big or else The Arcade Fire is going to be full, I read somewhere U2 rumors where running high but it was quickly dismissed, that would suck to choose between u2 and arcade fire, not that it's gonna happen...

I'll keep an ear to the ground. I've heard rumblings about Neil Young, but what I've just read is that Muse will be bumped back to play the headlining slot. Personally, I wish they'd move the Killers from Friday to the Stripes' Saturday spot and move My Morning Jacket to Friday night headlining opposite Bjork. I like the Bjorkster, but I wouldn't be able to turn down MMJ for her. There aren't many bands I think I would turn down MMJ for. Unfortunately, one of them is Wilco and they're playing at the same time.

I wish the Stripes were still coming.

no way!! I was going to watch Muse over Arctic Monkeys, I will still choose Arcade Fire over anyone but this will suck for me big time

looks like it's a done deal

Home > Austin Music Source
Muse will take White Stripes slot
By Joe Gross | Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 11:05 AM
The White Stripes have canceled their Saturday ACL headlining gig and Stubb’s show on Sunday.

ACL producer Charles Attal cited medical reasons for the cancellation. Attal said Tuesday afternoon after rumors about both U2 filling in and Friday headliner Bjork canceling that Muse, who were scheduled to play right before the White Stripes, will move into the open slot.

A sort of domino effect will happen, with all the acts on the AT&T stage Saturday moving forward. The new schedule:

2:30-3:30 p.m.: Augustana
4:30-5:30 p.m.: Stephen Marley
6:30-7:30 p.m.: Damien Rice
8:30-10 p.m.: Muse
And Dr. Dog will fill the 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. slot.

One wonders whether this will solve the audience-splitting problem created by the Arcade Fire/White Stripes conflict.

And Ghostland Observatory and Cold War Kids will be playing the Sunday night show at Stubb’s previously occupied by the White Stripes. Tickets go on sale at 5 p.m. tonight. Check out stubbs.frontgate.com for ticket information.

Today's the day, bitches. I'm leaving for the park in about 45 minutes.

Full pictures and reports when I'm able.

Any great ACL stories?

I'm going to live vicariously through you for the time being.

Last edited:
I have a meeting at 7, a planned grocery store trip, and a new episode of Californication tonight. I'll do my full ACL report sometime after all that, but still tonight.

As a bit of a teaser, I saw the following this weekend:

Joseph Arthur
Pete Yorn
LCD Soundsystem (wow wow wow wow wow)
Spoon
The Killers
Bjork
Andrew Bird
Damien Rice
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Arcade Fire
Muse
The National (best show of the weekend)
Common
Bloc Party
Regina Spektor
Wilco
Ghostland Observatory
The Decemberists
Bob Dylan

Quite a weekend, eh?

Yeah, it blows my weekend out of the water.

Watching Labyrinth clips on YouTube + Guitar Hero can't match awesomeness of that magnitude.

Wilco's setlist looked great. I also heard their set for the taping of ACL was terrific. I'm looking forward to your report.

just got back from Austin, I also had an amazing time, I'll post pics tomorrow and this is what I saw

pretty much the same as inmyplace13...

LCD Soundsystem
Spoon
The Killers
Bjork

Paolo Nutini
Stephen Marley
Damien Rice
Arcade Fire
Muse

The National
Devotchka
Bloc Party
My Morning Jacket
Bob Dylan

Best. Weekend. Ever.

I was at the very front and as close to the middle as possible for Paolo Nutini, Blue October, Arctic Monkeys, and Arcade Fire.... I think I made eye contact with Win and Regine...

Being there watching Arcade Fire play about 10 feet away from me was possibly the greatest moment of my life...no no no it definitely was.... Singing, no screaming, along to all those songs and just jumping around and having a good time was just mind-blowingly awesome... Something that I will never forget... they're definitely in my top 5 bands now... Wake Up was absolute bliss...

The Arctic Monkeys were really awesome too the drummer even nodded to a friend of mine... and I think I made eye contact with Alex....They are a really rocking band and Im going to pick up their 2nd CD now....

Blue October were alright... It's really not my type of music, but still I didn't want to be a downer so I grooved along and had a good time....

Paulo Nutini I really didn't know who he was although I had heard "New Shoes" before... when he came on stage he played this really countryish song so I thought oooohhh greeeaaaat.... But his music was great and I became a fan that day....

The Killers were awesome too... we had got there just before they started and I had a great time and sang along to all the songs I knew ... When Brandon came on stage he looked unreal... that was a really shiny suit....Mr Brightside was a blast....

The National... man I wish I was in the front ... I would've been if I had any energy left but I was just so tired and settled on being in the chair area... but I had to stand up and groove along to their songs, cause they were awesome..

I saw : The Killers, Sound Team, Paolo Nutini, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Muse (just as they finished), the National, Ben Kweller, Common, Bloc Party, and Regine Spektor....

All the bands on 3rd day I just sat as far back as possible cause I was drained after seeing Arcade Fire....

I got there late and left early cause the friends I was traveling with HAD TO go to school on Friday and HAD TO go to school on Monday... damn it

Well that was my experience... No pictures cause I was too busy jumping and singing along....Hope everyone who went had an as awesome time as I did...

Back
Top Bottom