Austin City Limits Festival 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
It's time for my annual ACL Festival thread, gang.

The best weekend of the year takes place September 26-28. The lineup comes out this Tuesday. Will it be better than the Lollapalooza lineup? It's hard to do, but you never know.

I'll let you fine people see the lineup the second I get wind of it. In years past, the rumor mill was swirling and early confirmations trickled in. This year has been much more secretive, so hopefully something nice and fancy happens on Tuesday.

smielephantiy2.gif

There's a mashup on the ACL website with some of the artists that will be performing. I'm not good with these things, so I was unable to identify even one artist.

It's not like I'll be going, but I was just curious!

Yeah I'd heard it already, but I was going to wait to put the full lineup up here so people didn't think the festival was going to suck. These are all confirmed per the mashup.

Okkervil River
Man Man
Silversun Pickups
CSS
NERD
Gnarls Barkley
The Raconteurs
MGMT
Jamie Lidell
Eli Reed
Neko Case
Kate Nash
Hot Chip
Octopus Project
Del the Funky Homosapien
Heartless Bastards
Robert Earl Keen
Sharon Jones
Car Stereo Wars
Antibalas
Sharon Jones & The DapKings
Duffy Ingrid Michaelson
Manu Chao
Black Joe Lewis

Okk! Okk! Okk!

I'm definetely going!!! already bought my plane ticket, I'll probably buy the festival ticket this monday

Want to buy my ticket, Mofo? The lineup sucks.

Thank gourd I'm going to Lollapalooza.

Lollapalooza has about 8 artists I'm interesting in seeing....

ACL has about 5.

But I won't be going to either, so there's no decision to make. :happy:

Lolla:
Radiohead, Kanye, Wilco, the Raconteurs, Gnarls, Bloc Party, the Black Keys, Broken Social Scene, Cat Power, Lupe Fiasco, THE NATIONAL, Explosions in the Sky, Okkervil River, Battles, Grizzly Bear

ACL:
Beck, the Raconteurs, Gnarls, Iron & Wine, Okkervil River, Vampire Weekend, Stars, Jose Gonzalez

I think that's an easy decision for me. I just put my ACL pass on craigslist.

you're missing Foo Fighters, Robert Plant & Alison Kraus, John Fogerty, David Byrne, The Mars Volta, & Tegan and Sara are basically the ones i really want to see

I'm just completely underwhelmed. I sold my pass today, though. That's good news. Once I get the money for it, I'll buy my Lolla pass. Look out.

I kinda liked the old school lineup but you are right it definetely can't compete with last years lineup expectations are so high it's almost impossible,
I learned that with Coachella this year

Back
Top Bottom