Austin City Limits Festival 2006 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Full lineup is out and can be found here: http://aclfest.com/lineup.aspx

I've got to say, the lineup isn't as good as last year. It also pales when you compare it to, say, Bonnaroo or Lolla. There are still plenty of artists I'm excited to see, but I feel like ACL took a step backwards this year after winning Festival Of The Year last year.

Still gonna be a good time though. Anyone else going?
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Two days, kiddos.
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #18
War Child
 
EdgeVox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas/Mexico
Posts: 903
Local Time: 08:37 AM
I'll be there, leaving work at noon. Don't work on monday so I could not be happier.
__________________
EdgeVox is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #19
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:37 AM
sweet Jemimah, I wish I was in Austin right now

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 09-14-2006, 05:59 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,292
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

Secret Machines
Explosions in the Sky
Wolf Parade
Add Ted Leo and the Pharmacists to this list!


I am in L.A. this weekend....otherwise I would be in Austin! Have fun IMP13!!!
__________________
zoney! is online now  
Old 09-14-2006, 02:15 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Zoney, you were talking about going last year too and it never happened.

Get your ass down here in 07

I'm really excited though. First big band for me is Stars at 3:30 tomorrow, which I've been looking forward to for quite some time. I'll take plenty of photos throughout the weekend and I'll be sure to put em up here.


Sort of off topic but sort of relevant, I just got a ticket for Broken Social Scene at Stubb's in late October and Wilco in San Antonio in mid October. My first BSS experience, my second Wilco.
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,292
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Zoney, you were talking about going last year too and it never happened.

Get your ass down here in 07

Sort of off topic but sort of relevant, I just got a ticket for Broken Social Scene at Stubb's in late October and Wilco in San Antonio in mid October. My first BSS experience, my second Wilco.
YES! I really really really need to get to this one. What was my pathetic excuse last year? I think I saw U2 around this time.

I got a ticket for BSS about three weeks ago. You will really enjoy their show!

I have Sufjan Stevens next weekend, BSS and Tapes n' Tapes in a matter of days, and U2 in December!
__________________
zoney! is online now  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Suf is here both tomorrow and Saturday nights, unfortunately I'll be at the festival and will miss him this time around.

Tapes N Tapes be sure to tell me how that is. I love The Loon.
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,292
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13


Tapes N Tapes be sure to tell me how that is. I love The Loon.


Why hasn't anyone talked about these guys here???
__________________
zoney! is online now  
Old 09-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 02:37 AM
It's been amazing so far, and I'm about to head out to Zilker for the last day (KT Tunstall, Tom Petty, and the freaking LIPS!)

Interesting news though... it's completely pouring down rain in ATX right now.

Glastonbury all over again?
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 05:37 AM


I just watched the stream of Muse's set from the ACL website. Fucking amazing. I hope you got to see them, imp13.
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 02:37 AM
I did, but only for a short while and only from a very far distance. I had a pretty good spot for The Flaming Lips, who had the performance of the festival for me, along with Secret Machines, Iron & Wine, and The Raconteurs. What I saw of Muse was great, but then again they never disappoint.

What a weekend. I had an amazing time, got to hang out with some good friends, hear some good music, and eat some good food. As long as I live in Texas, much less Austin, I don't want to ever miss one of these. It was a lot less hot than last year, so the experience was that much better. I'm just sad it's over so soon, it seems to go by so quick.

Acts I saw this weekend:

Stars
Gnarls Barkley
Ray LaMontagne
John Mayer
Van Morrison
Eli Young Band (Texas Country band, my friend likes them a lot, so I watched them just to kill time even though it's not music I'm into)
Secret Machines
The Shins
Aimee Mann
The Raconteurs
Iron & Wine
KT Tunstall (who was fantastic)
The Flaming Lips
G. Love & Special Sauce
Muse
Tom Petty

Combine that with several bratwursts, and I'd say it was a damn good weekend.
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
VertigoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: I'm never alone (I'm alone all the time)
Posts: 9,860
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
I did, but only for a short while and only from a very far distance. I had a pretty good spot for The Flaming Lips, who had the performance of the festival for me, along with Secret Machines, Iron & Wine, and The Raconteurs. What I saw of Muse was great, but then again they never disappoint.

What a weekend. I had an amazing time, got to hang out with some good friends, hear some good music, and eat some good food. As long as I live in Texas, much less Austin, I don't want to ever miss one of these. It was a lot less hot than last year, so the experience was that much better. I'm just sad it's over so soon, it seems to go by so quick.

Acts I saw this weekend:

Stars
Gnarls Barkley
Ray LaMontagne
John Mayer
Van Morrison
Eli Young Band (Texas Country band, my friend likes them a lot, so I watched them just to kill time even though it's not music I'm into)
Secret Machines
The Shins
Aimee Mann
The Raconteurs
Iron & Wine
KT Tunstall (who was fantastic)
The Flaming Lips
G. Love & Special Sauce
Muse
Tom Petty

Combine that with several bratwursts, and I'd say it was a damn good weekend.
I'd say so



I wonder who'll be on TV...
__________________

__________________
VertigoGal is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com