Aussies: Merrick and Rosso or Oz comedy????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
anyone else out there a fan of Merrick and Rosso???? I just loved these guys when they used to do the drive shift on JJJ, but then I got the shits with them when they sold out and went to commercial radio, however I was just mainly peeved that I wasnt going to be able to hear them everyday. Anyway I have just started watching their show on telly and it is not tha bad at all.....and just last Saturday night I saw Dave Hughes live which was wickedly funny, I just love good ol Aussie humour and having a good laugh:wink:

:up:
I love them. they're on Nova now which is the station I listen to and I cant remember 2 hosts I've liked as much. Weirdly enough they used to shit me on JJJ, but now I love them.
I took a friend to go see their last live show at the Enmore a few months ago and it was one of the funnies things I've ever heard. I cant believe how much they tone down their breakfast show compared to the standup!

Oz, have you ever heard what they did with that Streets song? I cant remember what the original is called but they renamed it to geezer teeth and mocked all the poms who flock to Bondi. It is an absolute pisser :D

One comedian I really want to see one day is Carl Barron.

I am so envious Angela, that you were able to see them live, I would love to see them live, but they dont seem to make it to Queensland often. I think that they would be fab live and great to see and I have to admit that I have a bit of a soft spot for Merrick, he is a bit of a cutie with a wicked sense of humour. I saw Dave Hughes recently and I was amazed at how much more ruder and crasser his live show was, compared to what you see on the tely, I could only imagine how Merrick and Rosso would be live.

and that Aphex Twin cd will be coming your way soon- I am just very slack at getting to the post office:)

I got the impression they are taking this year of from all their standup and will go back to doing the rounds some time next year. I really hope they head up your way, as you would love it! If Dave Hughes doesnt offend you, then you'd love Merrick and Rosso :D No holds barred is the best way to describe it :lol:

No rush either on the cd Oz! :) I still have to sort out my bit too so I understand!

hmmmmm, you are missing out the sweetest thing, just how dead sexy are these guys?????, especially Merrick- hes the one on the right!!!!:wink:
XXXCIMG1651.jpg

XXXM&R_bowling.jpg

thats all part of their dorky charm thonger!
when we saw them, rosso (beard) came out in these hideous hobo-man trousers and thin white thongs on his feet, and merrick (no beard) was wearing a thin old disgusting looking thick striped polo shirt with the rattiest looking jeans. they honestly looked like a pair of homeless men. but it makes hearing for example the time they went to some 1 horse town in adelaide and merrick decided it was a good idea to put $50 worth of dollars into the jukebox and set it for hours worth of the shittiest music it had, to the disgust of the locals who probably slept with harley davidson parts in their beds.

you had to be there lol..

I remember them vaguely from their JJJ days ( the story that has stuck in my mind was about one of them "piffing" their aunty's silky terrier into the bushes when it died suddenly when he was walking it...he thought maybe she wouldn't notice it gone. There was something about that word 'piffing", it was new to me)
Their TV show is on a bit late for me.
There are so many good Australian comedians. The whole D Generation team were good
I love John Clark ( Fred Dagg, the Games) I like those little political pieces he does with Brian Dawe. He may technically be a Kiwi though, not sure.
Peter Berner can get it right sometimes eg. his drawing of a world map to explain the conflict in Afghanistan.
I'm sure I'll think of others later
Amanda Keller and Jean Kitson
oh dear, old Shirley Purvis in her crimpelene slacks and her little boy Glenn
:laugh:
oh dear oh dear:laugh:
...thanks for the memories:)

Yeah I have to struggle with Merrick and Rosso's show, this week it was on at 11pm- that is very late for me and I just love the Glasshouse, but I usually miss that as it is on late on Friday nights and well, lets just say that the ol social life interferes with that one...................and I just love John Clark, the Games was one of the best shows ever written, you had to remind yourself that it wasnt in fact 'reality' other faves of mine are,

Peter Helliar ( he does stuff with Rove these days, he is a bit tame on there, but he used to do some very funny stuff on the Js)
Anthony Morgan- you might remember him from the late night variety show that Andrew Denton had called 'Denton' a few years back. Anthony used to do these live cross over segments which were very funny as he always came across as being very drunk and out of it and having no idea what was going on...
Rod Quantock- older guy who does mainly political inspired dry humour and he looks like he should be hugging a tree or saving a forest
Adam Spencer- nerdy and funny and on the Js every morning, its the only way to start the day
Sandman
Paul McDermott- man I had a big time crush on him back when GNW was on every week, he still always looks vey cheaky...

and the entire cast of the Late Show- IMO the best comedy series to ever be made, how could anyone forget, Charlie the wonderdog, the pissweak kids, shitscared and Graham and the Colonel- I so wish the ABC would repeat this series one day:wink:

Back
Top Bottom