Aussies BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still trying to figure how Kapil Dev, King Viv and Beefy managed to convince a bunch of soccer players, tennis players and golfers that we were better than Ferrari, Bayern Munich and the LA Lakers...

since the lacks of responses to this thread depresses me I thought I'd again like to say that if there is one team out there that has been able to combine being the best at what they do with trying to be the best embassadors a sport could have they are that team

best team of the world

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

How true bullet. The convicts all came from ENGLAND too.

I think there is something in that for all of us.

Actually, is this a cricket thread? cos um...we KICK ASS over England...yeah.

Great Bullet!

You are right! Australia is made up of England's scum
smile.gif
I'm glad we agree on something.

Anyway, each time you Aussies win something, you should get down on your knees and thank England. After all, not only are you winning because some English people decided to steal some fruit, you are winning at sports English people decided to invent because they got bored!

I have no idea if they're the "best team in the world," I've never seen them play, never even heard of them, I don't know them within the context of their sport, and whether they have dominated their respective sport, etc

the best team in American sports is probably the University of Connecticutt women's basketball team, Lady Huskies; they completed a perfect 39-0 season and won practically every single game by a blowout margine (even the NCAA tournament games)

the Los Angelas Lakers of the NBA are pretty good too, they've won back-to-back championships and are poised to win their 3rd straight next month, which will give them their dynasty, and none of them have been arrested, which is always a plus!

Originally posted by brettig:
thanks for never putting up a fight in the cricket!
smile.gif
it is odd that even though they invented the sport they forgot that the object is to claim wickets and score runs

odd

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

It comes from the Australian Cricket Team beating every nation that plays cricket again and again and again.
How many years is it now betty?

I feel sorry for the Americans and other nations who don't play, not getting to witness some of the most brilliant sportsmen in the world.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
You are right! Australia is made up of England's scum
smile.gif
I'm glad we agree on something.

Anyway, each time you Aussies win something, you should get down on your knees and thank England. After all, not only are you winning because some English people decided to steal some fruit, you are winning at sports English people decided to invent because they got bored!

LMAO. Yes I'm like betty. My folks flew QANTAS about 30 years ago. From England.

Bullet darling, it seems you have that classic pommy chip on your shoulder. Does it hurt that we not only BEAT you but SLAUGHTER you at your own game???
Hahahahahaha.

biggrin.gif

I think what you've probably find is that I have quite easily wound up our antipodean friends, such as your good selves. The reason for this is that the convicts arrogance is matched only by their high-strungedness, should such a word have been invented. It's too easy!

Now, is there anyone else out there who can offer a bit more of a challenge?
smile.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
It comes from the Australian Cricket Team beating every nation that plays cricket again and again and again.
How many years is it now betty?

The aussie cricket side has lost 3 test series in the last 8 years. They are also the current holders of the World Cup, so theyre technically the world's best one day team too. The West indies did not lose a series from 1980 till 1995, and by that reckoning i still think the windies were better than this current side. However from October 1999 till March 2001, The aussie test side won 16 test matches in succession, an achievement that I dont think will be equalled for many many years- the previous record was 11 tests in a row, held by that West Indies team of the 1980s...

The aussie cricket side has lost 3 test series in the last 8 years. They are also the current holders of the World Cup, so theyre technically the world's best one day team too. The West indies did not lose a series from 1980 till 1995, and by that reckoning i still think the windies were better than this current side. However from October 1999 till March 2001, The aussie test side won 16 test matches in succession, an achievement that I dont think will be equalled for many many years- the previous record was 11 tests in a row, held by that West Indies team of the 1980s...

Indians beat the Aussies in India last year. NZ almost beat Australia in Australia.

I think Australia with Pakistan are two of the best cricketing sides in the world. Republic of South Africa is a close third.

Oh Bert. You're gonna start me off again. Those days....The Windies...Viv...Big Bird...Gus....where did his neck go?

Woe. Cricket is not what it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom