Aussies - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-14-2002, 03:25 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:50 AM
well i won't enter the "eye candy debate" Mr Freedman is a great lyricist

"...there's nooooooooo aphrodisiac like loneliness
truth beauty..." "Blow up the pokies! "
Have fun Aurora. I saw you mention Paul Kelly in another thread...I'll never forget "we started a fire" and Tex Perkins"she speaks a different language" such simple mastery ahhh Aussie singer/songwriters.
I've been absolutely flogging 3 tracks from the Luka Bloom Cd I was given. 3 cover versions, "Dancing Queen", "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" and the best imho, the Mark Seymour song "Throw Your Arms Around Me"(my new quote )
I've have just been contemplating the depth of talent that comes out of Oz. I saw Carus last night a young WA musician that tours with John Butler Trio sometimes...ahhh music

Even old Alex Lloyd when he gets it right is OK.(well he kinda looks old)I have a real problem with his enunciation. I sound like a Star Search" judge, but it just grates on my ear for some reason...sorry Alex.

Several years ago my son made an observation about music video industry, that made thnk I was on the right track, He said no matter how well Vanessa Amarosi can sing, the big labels won't go with her because she doesn't have the "look"Sad but true. I read Vanessa was well received in Europe during a recent concert tour Go Girl!!
This morning I saw a new Killing Heidi song on Rage. I like Ella's voice. I hope they do well this summer.

I'm lumping all my humble opinions on Oz music under this heading "Aussies" convenient. **cass sets up a backyard party...woohoo coloured lights**

main reason I called in to ask....has anyone heard the rumour about David Bowie appearing at the Big Day Out? I seem to recall a rumour that U2 may have appeared a couple of years ago , so I'm not getting too excited...yet

what was the original Q? nope not been to Alex's digs.....yet!!

Aussie Ausbourne
aka cass

Old 09-15-2002, 01:11 AM   #17
War Child
Local Time: 05:50 AM
ive seen the whitlams about 3 times, oz
tim is awesome, such a stage presence.

alex lloyd looks like a boy i went to primary school with.