Aussie Aussie Aussie...would you wear one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Aussie's eh? We've come up with some brilliant ideas over the years.
I like the latest invention that is being discussed. A simple padded headed band that could be worn by drivers of motor vehicles, that has after extensive testing, been proven to greatly reduce the impact of brain trauma in the event of an accident.
It looks as though, as per usual it will be manufactured overseas. They are promising it won't cost too much and it could save a lot of lives. Something so simple.
I must admit, as I was listening to the radio discussion I was imagining some vain big-haired folk not wanting to wear one and was amused when the designer mentioned that it won't interfere too much with hairstyles :crazy:
or alternatively they may design it into a baseball style cap. I'd like one with inbuilt horns :mac: or a slogan "if you can read this you're too close"
So I hope it proves as successful as they imagine.
Aussie inventiveness:up:

an aside speaking of headbands....I have to find out if this is correct, does anyone know? The referee at my son's soccer game last night questioned the legality of my son wearing a sweat band during the game. He wears it across his forehead to keep his dreadies out of his eyes. Would they rather he couldn't see where he we was going and crashed into people? The referee thinks it's a new rule that has been introduced.....goodness me, what next?

well, the last couple of rules added to soccer have been absolutely insane
so it wouldn't surprise me

brain trauma vs hairstyle :hmm:

yeah, I would probably wear one, seeing as though I drive a van, I need as much protection as possible- ya know, theres no buffer zone in vans, although I am a very good driver, its just the other idiots on the road that I worry about:huh:

did you hear about that girl cass, i think she lives in sydney? her family are suing Soccer Australia (i think, either them or her district) as the ref told her she couldn't wear her headscarf. shame, she is/was a great player.

i guess a headband though would be better than a stackhat :D

Q1. Why did the chicken cross the road?

Q2. Why did the chicken cross the road todayas I was approaching at 100 kms per hour?

Q3. Why wasn't the chicken wearing one of the funky new padded head bands?

Q4. Anyone eating chicken soup right now?

oh dear, I felt bad, but I couldn't safely avoid it. Splat!

you too Aurora?I mostly drive the "band van"these days, an old L300. Scary eh?
I have heard about Muslims being asked not to wear their head scarves, but I didn't know it happened at a soccer game.
stackhats- the first ones were a bit daggy and a lot of people didn't think it was cool to wear one. They will have to make these things "cool" in some way:hmm:
I intend to ring the soccer association office tomorrow to get a final ruling about this. I want to stick up for my boy but I want to make sure I have the facts straight first.

some notable and not so notable Aussie inventions :D
1873- the freezing of meat
1868 sheep shearing machine
1905 first large scale manufacture of latex gloves...handy
1906 ultra micro balance that could weigh to one thousand millionth ofa gram
1926 cardiac pacemaker
1950 the esky
1954 black box flight recorder
1979 race-cam
1930 the ute
1950'2 ultrasound for medical application
1953 prototype solar hot water heater
1964 first fully cellular container ship
1965 inflatable safety slide for airliners
1970's bionic ear-cochlea implant
1974 sports ground squeegee
1980 world's first IVF baby
:applaud:
and lots and lots of others
oi oi oi
:wave:

we are so talented!
:applaud:

Cass the ref is not really allowed to decide what a player can and cannot wear anyway. His division would be playing under pre-determined rules set out by the association. If they have introduced such a ridiculous rule, point out that players at all levels, including professional, wear headbands and even hats can be worn if the other team's coach has no problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom