Audioslave or Rage Against the Machine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
I fell in love with "Rage" when they put out their first album and now I have come to just love Audioslave. For the fans out there, which band do you prefer?

I now prefere Adioslave.

dietcokeofevil said:
Audioslave is cool except for the Eddie Vedder soundalike on vocals

You gotta be fucking kidding me! Chris Cornell is a fantastic and unique vocalist who never sounded like Vedder! He's got such an amazing high pitch and range! Now if you're talking about Scott Stapp and the like, I would have agreed.

dietcokeofevil said:

Dude, seriously, back the fuck off Cornell. He's like God. He's the Chuck Norris of rock. In fact, I'm gonna go there and I'm going to say: Chris Cornell > Chuck Norris.

And the answer to this topic is Rage.

im sorry I can't stand Cornell

Soundgarden made me want to blow my brains out

I was never a RATM fan, but I did see them open for U2 on the Popmart tour.

Audioslave (and I have an acoustic Cornell recording from September if anyone wants to PM or email me :wink: )

I agree with the comments so far, but the Vedder one:huh: , I too think Rage was great and important I guess I'm just really into Audioslave as of late. P.S. I love Cornell's voice:drool:

Rage Against the Mother Fuckin' Machine.

Motherfuckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Testify!

dietcokeofevil said:

You have to be kidding...:huh:

Audioslave hands down.

I appreciate Rage, but they were so fucking limited, mainly by Zack...

guitar - yes. look, i think tom morello is great, and it's nice that he's got such a distinct sound, but everything sounds the same after a while.

everything else - no. bass and drums weren't distinct enough to be set apart from any other rap-rock band from the 90s. and where actual band membership differs, vocals, absolutely no.

so they're still apples and oranges.

UberBeaver said:

Dude, seriously, back the fuck off Cornell. He's like God. He's the Chuck Norris of rock. In fact, I'm gonna go there and I'm going to say: Chris Cornell > Chuck Norris.

And the answer to this topic is Rage.

He's like God.

Forgive me I have sinned. I am a Chris Cornell atheist.

if you think chris cornell sounds like eddie vedder, you need to get your ears checked.

as for the main question... i agree that rage were more influential than audioslave will probably ever be, but if i have to choose between zach de la rocha and chris cornell, well... it's not much of a decision.

i always had a lukewarm appreciation for rage... i never really liked the whole rap/rock thing, but the music it's self was great. get rid of the rapper and add in the amazing voice of chris cornell? :drool:

Definitely Rage. Audioslave is to Rage as Coldplay is to U2. Both have their good points, but one is clearly a watered down version of the other :wink: Shadow on the Sun is a fantastic song though. best song on the first album. haven't bothered to get the second one; the songs on the radio sound disappointingly generic. Doesn't Remind Me is awful except I think it might have an awesome guitar solo.

RATM was fucking kickass. I would kill to go see a Popmart show with Rage opening.

MacPhistoPT said:

:huh: :huh: :| :banghead: :yikes:

Where you said "Doesn't Remind me" you wanted to say "Like a Stone" or "Be Yourself". FACT.

I used to not like Be Yourself either, but it came on the radio the other day and for some reason I found myself turning it up loud

probably because it sorta sounds like U2

I liked Like a Stone too...really I liked the whole first album, though I Am the Highway got old.

but Doesn't Remind me is :yawn: except for Morello's xtreme solo

i looooooove Rage

Bombtrack :drool:

Back
Top Bottom