Audioscrobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
beau2ifulday said:
with brackets!

but if it's all on your ipod already then that's a problem :(

I'm kinda fussy about that sort of thing, so I reloaded and renamed all of my U2 files a while back. I clearly had too much time on my hands.

:reject:

I'm guilty of that too. Only it's much worse. When I heard of this new video iPod, I figured it would be a good thing to hint at for Christmas. I don't want to scratch my U2 iPod any more than I currently have, so an upgrade would be nice. I realised, however, that I'd need to find the album art for all my music (why have the photo option if you're not going to use it?!) So I spent well over five hours NONSTOP looking for artwork for every album/single in my library. Even bootleg artwork.

Hopeless, utterly hopeless.

:giggle:

:hug:

This is the dilemma my iPod has presented - I only got my U2 iPod this week, but am refusing to load any music onto it until I have photos for all the albums and singles I want on there. It's proving a bit difficult since I have some really obscure scandinavian artists in my library. I am also unsatisfied with the single scans that U2wanderer and U2.com have of the earlier singles, so have been searching for some that meet my standards.

It really is so sad :help:

:lmao:

And I was getting worried that I was spending too much time organizing my iTunes and creating a couple of new playlists everyday :tongue:

I am actually kind of comforted to know that there are other people as "into" their iPods and music as much as I am :D :hug:

Has anyone heard this weird mix/version of Two Hearts Beat As One on last.fm? They show the War cover while playing it but it's definitely not the album version! I don't like this version all that much.

And now they're showing Radiohead's Hunting Bears from Amnesiac and playing something entirely different.. some weird even more experimental jam! :huh:

beau2ifulday said:
:giggle:

:hug:

This is the dilemma my iPod has presented - I only got my U2 iPod this week, but am refusing to load any music onto it until I have photos for all the albums and singles I want on there. It's proving a bit difficult since I have some really obscure scandinavian artists in my library. I am also unsatisfied with the single scans that U2wanderer and U2.com have of the earlier singles, so have been searching for some that meet my standards.

It really is so sad :help:

B2 :hug:

and

Zoot I told ya this would be your new obsession :D

Zootlesque said:
Has anyone heard this weird mix/version of Two Hearts Beat As One on last.fm? They show the War cover while playing it but it's definitely not the album version! I don't like this version all that much.
it happens sometimes. often times i find it's either a remix or a live song. i've come across at least one fucked up song per artist. :mad:

i made mental notes to not tag these songs for my radio so i wouldn't have to listen to them. the ban button is useless as it eventually cycles back and you hear the song anyway. and don't get me started with people tagging genres wrong. i've come across the oddest artist when playing genre stations. :tsk:

and i subscribe to this shit :sad:

so the audiopod doesn't recognize playcounts after you let the ipod turn itself off?

yes, i am extremely annoyed that i can't get audioscrobbler to account for the 4 hours of music i listened to at work tonight :down:

beau2ifulday said:
with brackets!

but if it's all on your ipod already then that's a problem :(

I'm kinda fussy about that sort of thing, so I reloaded and renamed all of my U2 files a while back. I clearly had too much time on my hands.

All they need to do is make it utlise the album field a bit more and they are set. :yes:

Zootlesque said:

I did have my own Yahoo Launchcast station once though.

So did I - it was really bizarre looking back on it though because although it has U2, it has all the crap I was into at the time on there too... the sort of stuff I can't stand now.

IWasBored said:
so the audiopod doesn't recognize playcounts after you let the ipod turn itself off?

I haven't had that problem :hmm:

I fell asleep with my iPod (awww, too cute! :tongue: ) last night and it turned itself off... but I was still able to retrieve my songs this morning.

Make sure iTunes is not open when you connect your iPod to the computer or else all of your play counts will automatically update and not register with audiopod...

hippy said:

Make sure iTunes is not open when you connect your iPod to the computer or else all of your play counts will automatically update and not register with audiopod...

ooh. that's the problem. :der:

edit: nope, still doesn't work. :mad:

Last edited:
Ryan did release two new albums so far this year though...so that contributed to him being on top. Had that not been the case, U2 might be in that top slot.

Aardvark747 said:
Does ANYONE actually have U2 as their top played?:ohmy: :wink:

Ja. I've played 3677 U2 songs (first place) and 1280 Radiohead songs (second place). Quite a sizeable difference!

u2 are something like #30 on my list. but it's actually a mircale that they're that high :shrug:

wow, i guessed that right. they are #30 on my overall list. with a total of 32 plays since february 2005 :lol: not that i actually used my internet from may through august, though.

technically they're #29 because 12 and 13 are actually the same band, but unfortunatly i changed the labeling of the word "and" to an ampersand at some point so they weren't combined.

Last edited:
hippy said:
U2 is currently my #2 artist... right behind Oasis...

But that will change as my U2 concerts are coming up this month :hyper:

post concert withdrawl syndrome definitely has a profound effect on stats. the street dogs jumped from #12 or something like that to #3 on my overall list since sunday because i saw them twice this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom