Audioscrobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm preparing to install that program - i'm just hoping that there will be no glitches. My computer doesn't have the best track records for being 'stress-free' when it comes to these things.

zumanity42 said:
ok, now that i have enough music to create a decent profile here it is:

http://www.last.fm/user/jazzed702/

if you live off your ipod (as i do) it is well worth it to add the audiopod program.

it's a small pain in the butt to get everything updated correctly, but it gives a very accurate count of what you're listening to:

http://projects.afterglo.ws/wiki/AudioPodHome

music & charts....
:drool:

ooooooooh ipod thing! i'ma gonna see if i can get that to work.

Just like to take the opportunity to pimp the Interference Blue Crack Addicts audioscrobbler group, you can join over at

http://www.last.fm/group/Interference+Blue+Crack+Addicts

See what your fellow forum members are 'scrobblin' to :D Membership is now at 45.

Top artists last week were:

U2

The Beatles

Radiohead

Interpol

Franz Ferdinand

Top tracks last week were:

U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

U2 - All I Want Is You

U2 - I Will Follow

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Edit: And feel free to add me to your friends list... http://www.last.fm/user/Canadiens1160/

Last edited:
i can't figure out that ipod thing. where is my itunesDB directory and how do i find it?

Here's where it is on mine:

ipod1dl.jpg

Double-click the iTunes folder and highlight the iTunesDB file.

i never would have found that on my own :der: i didn't even know that place existed. let's see if this works now.

edit: it works :drool:

Last edited:
hippy said:

And I finally got that ipod thing to work so now I can log the many hundreds of songs I listen to at work! :D

:yes:

is it pathetic that i'm insanely happy about this? probably. :hyper:

yeah, i listen to a bigger variety at work, i'm less likely to get stuck with a song on repeat because people around me start threating to throw my ipod setup out the window :shifty:

that's +20 hours of music a week that wasn't getting counted before. not to mention what i listen to on the ipod walking from classes and other errands.

completism :drool:

is completism even a real word?

Does anyone find that they check their Audioscrobbler stats everyday? Perhaps once an hour?

Am I addicted?

Canadiens1160 said:
Does anyone find that they check their Audioscrobbler stats everyday? Perhaps once an hour?

Am I addicted?

If you're addicted, I don't know what I am! I'm at the point where I get incredibly pissed off if, for whatever reason, Audioscrobbler "forgets" a song or two.

GibsonGirl said:

If you're addicted, I don't know what I am! I'm at the point where I get incredibly pissed off if, for whatever reason, Audioscrobbler "forgets" a song or two.

:uhoh:

At least i'm not alone on that one - and it seems to have been happening alot recently :angry:

Especially if you play the same song-artist combination twice in a row. :mad:

Especially when you have multiple copies (studio/live etc) this can become infuriating.

All this makes me realise the recent milestone of 10,000 plays is truly a lie. :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

:laugh:

Me too. But I do also wince sometimes when it records *everything*.

I wish most played tracks were sortable by artist as well.

timothius said:
Especially if you play the same song-artist combination twice in a row. :mad:

Especially when you have multiple copies (studio/live etc) this can become infuriating.

All this makes me realise the recent milestone of 10,000 plays is truly a lie. :sad:

You should make your files more specific in terms of name.
I don't know what i'd do if my Audioscrobbler mistook the Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 96 BPM version for the Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 99 BPM or 103 BPM versions :happy:

beau2ifulday said:

You should make your files more specific in terms of name.
I don't know what i'd do if my Audioscrobbler mistook the Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 96 BPM version for the Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 99 BPM or 103 BPM versions :happy:

:lol:

Remixes are fine & easy to label. But how do I distinguish:

Zoo Station - U2 - Achtung Baby
Zoo Station - U2 - ZooTV - Live From Sydney?

I can't without comprimising my iPod. :scream: :sad:

with brackets!

but if it's all on your ipod already then that's a problem :(

I'm kinda fussy about that sort of thing, so I reloaded and renamed all of my U2 files a while back. I clearly had too much time on my hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom