Audioscrobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlaTheGreat said:
So...are got_edge and I the only ones that noticed something screwy with our Weekly Top Artists chart? :|

Mine seems right. What's screwy with yours?

hippy said:
So, I haven't even logged into Last.fm for a loooong ass time. (Until I saw this thread pop up again)

The artist pictures thing isn't bad, but it's not outstanding either. But I like that friends feature! :) Speaking of... some of you are already on my friends list, but I'd like to be on others' friend lists :D I :heart: music recommendations!

http://www.last.fm/user/PlaysTheTart/

You've been added.

I wanted to ask, have you actually listened to the album version of Breaking Into Heaven that much?!

HeartlandGirl said:
And oh, look! Zootlesque is listening to Tori Amos! What a surprise! :ohmy:

:wink:

:lol: :reject:

I liked the new format at first with that nicer shade of red and everything. But the pages take forever to load. Sometimes they only load halfway. Why can't they never get it right??? :huh:

u2popmofo said:

Mine seems right. What's screwy with yours?

Well two weeks ago I only had 18 listens to U2 yet my overall artists for U2 shot up by 100 listens. The same thing happened to got_edge only hers actually decreased by like 100 listens.
Then this week I've gave Pink Floyd around 150 listens (The Wall in full, Piper at the Gates [about 3 times], Meddle, Animals and WYWH twice) yet it only managed to log 70 listens.
Then got_edge had something like 252 listens to Calexico but she swears she didn't listen to them that much. Yea, right. Obsessive!

It's not the first time I've noticed something screwy with the playcounts either. It's just happened twice in a row to me. :shrug:

But the pages take forever to load.

I KNOW :mad:

Zootlesque said:

:lol: :reject:

I liked the new format at first with that nicer shade of red and everything. But the pages take forever to load. Sometimes they only load halfway. Why can't they never get it right??? :huh:

I like it too but yea forever to load and my playcounts are off for certain songs in particular.

SIDENOTE/ don't send someone to your lastfm that isn't a music :nerd: They don't get it and they'll think you're a freak :grumpy:

redkat said:

I like it too but yea forever to load and my playcounts are off for certain songs in particular.

SIDENOTE/ don't send someone to your lastfm that isn't a music :nerd: They don't get it and they'll think you're a freak :grumpy:

Try to make everything appear as lists instead of pictures, that should improve speeds a little. Each little subsection has their own tab that will change this. You can also change it in your profile to not show as many pictures.

I told some friends that ARE music fans about Last FM and they all universally shat on it and me for using it. To each their own I suppose.

Oh yeah, I had what I think was a subtraction of total tracks listened to by Placebo last week. They were in my top ten and then suddenly dropped down out of it and were underneath groups I hadn't even listened to for a week or two. Kinda strange.

Also, I think the black color scheme looks a billion times better than the red scheme.

PlaTheGreat said:

Well two weeks ago I only had 18 listens to U2 yet my overall artists for U2 shot up by 100 listens. The same thing happened to got_edge only hers actually decreased by like 100 listens.
Then this week I've gave Pink Floyd around 150 listens (The Wall in full, Piper at the Gates [about 3 times], Meddle, Animals and WYWH twice) yet it only managed to log 70 listens.
Then got_edge had something like 252 listens to Calexico but she swears she didn't listen to them that much. Yea, right. Obsessive!
:yes:

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that U2 had over 3000 play counts. Last week, they mysteriously dropped to ~2900.

I know last week I listened to Calexico like it ain't no thang and it could be that some of the stats were 'rolled over' to this week. I know for a fact that I listened to a lot less Calexico this week because I was too busy watching their DVD :happy:

u2popmofo said:

You've been added.

I wanted to ask, have you actually listened to the album version of Breaking Into Heaven that much?!

awesome :) thanks... it's nice to have friends :nerd:

And yes, I believe that I have listened to it that much... it's one of my favorite songs :) Plus, I think there was one day I left that album on repeat pretty much all day long

My charts are WAY off. It says I only listened to Syd Barrett fourty times last week. I listened to all three of his solo albums in full multiple times last week. The total number of Syd Barrett songs I have is 57. Explain this to me? I think I listened to The Madcap Laughs about two times, Barrett about three, and Opel at least once. It should be up around the hundreds.

It doesn't bother me too much, but you have to wonder if last.fm's emphasis on the design and features is causing problems in the functionality of the software.

Don't even start with the load length. :mad: I have all images turned off and it takes an eternity to do anything. More often than not, I'm just faced with a white screen and some purple links. The shoutbox also swallowed comments without posting them more than five times today.

hippy said:
So, I haven't even logged into Last.fm for a loooong ass time. (Until I saw this thread pop up again)

The artist pictures thing isn't bad, but it's not outstanding either. But I like that friends feature! :) Speaking of... some of you are already on my friends list, but I'd like to be on others' friend lists :D I :heart: music recommendations!

http://www.last.fm/user/PlaysTheTart/

I added you - any Stone Roses fan is a friend of mine! :)

I haven't had any problems with the weekly top artists lists, though the overall list keeps changing - I am pretty sure I lost 50 or so Smiths songs last week, only to see them reappear again today.

inmyplace13 said:
The redesign is pretty garbage, but I was just fooling around on the dashboard and noticed a feature that may not be new, but it's new to me:

bgfhsfqp1.png

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of this bit.

:shifty:

yeah i like that thing too. :up: i think it's new.

but the pages take so long to load now.:mad:

redkat said:

:lol:

Tilli said:

I am pretty sure I lost 50 or so Smiths songs last week, only to see them reappear again today.

Yeah, the same thing happened to the Placebo tracks I mentioned before. They all returned today and are looking normal.

Ding dong, the audioscrobbler is dead. I haven't been able to get it to load anything but broken pages all night.

:|

uhh I don't remember if I posted in this thread or not so if anyone wants to add me mine is loveisblindness :wink: buuut it's not workin for me right now either

I'll add you because your signature is awesome. :up: If last.fm ever gets their act together, that is. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom