Audioscrobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:
And LMP, I don't think Audioscrobbler have been bought out by anyone. They're just making some really stupid changes. I hope they have the sense to look at the negative comments (because there were many) at their beta forums.

Oh, ok.

They had to fix something that wasn't broken, and make it shinier. They just had to.

Shiny = better. It's even better when Liam Gallagher says it too.

My weekly charts are still from August 28-September 4, 05 :sad:
Granted, that's the last time I used it prior to last week, but that's still :sad:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
My weekly charts are still from August 28-September 4, 05 :sad:
Granted, that's the last time I used it prior to last week, but that's still :sad:

That's to be expected if haven't used it since last week. Last week's charts will be available extremely soon. No worries.

Quite honestly, there seems like a lot of unnecessary complaining going on in this thread. The whole reason to do a "beta release" is to get feedback on what people do or don't want/like. If the feedback is overwhelmingly negative and they still proceed, then we can all complain. :wink:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
The whole reason to do a "beta release" is to get feedback on what people do or don't want/like.

I thought this was what we were doing. :huh:

I'm not a subscriber, so I guess this is a natural place to vent about what we've now learned.

PlaTheGreat said:

I thought this was what we were doing. :huh:

I'm not a subscriber, so I guess this is a natural place to vent about what we've now learned.

Good point.

I suppose I was just meaning that a strange beta does not mean that Audioscrobbler is dead or is a lost cause. Hopefully the negative response will help, no reason to give up on the site or anything.

OK, I've generally been more positive towards last.fm than some of you here, but that beta plain stinks.

The new charts, like the 3/6/12 monthly ones, are a fantastic idea. The rest? No-one needs it. All I want are charts and as many statistics last.fm can throw at me. Well, relevant ones. Not silly stuff like my "recently" played tracks from 10 days ago.

a lot of the stuff in the beta i don't mind, but that tiled picture shit has got to go. i hate it. it's so ugly.

and yeah, the recently played shit from ages ago doesn't need to be there. although really, i rarely look at people's actual last.fm pages, i just look at their rss feeds so i see everything anyway :crazy:

I'm just annoyed that there's no explanation as to what's going on. What the crap is "Operation Depth Charge"? They could have at least given some notice if they were going to do some stupid thing that resulted in the site being completely down.

Oh god, I think they're getting ready to unveil the new version of last.fm.

Someone hold me.

You were right. The beta is no longer beta.

EDIT: And now it's down and I can't get back into it. :|

GibsonGirl said:
Oh god, I think they're getting ready to unveil the new version of last.fm.

Someone hold me.

hug5pt.gif

Last edited:
You always know how to make me feel better, LMP. :hug:

And so it begins. I hope they've gotten rid of the billions of images beside each chart. And I hope it's not going to be down for much longer.

You can adjust the images to show or not show in your profile (HG showed me how on the beta).

You can also change the color to black, as the red is......kinda ugly (in my opinion).

u2popmofo said:
You can adjust the images to show or not show in your profile (HG showed me how on the beta).

You can also change the color to black, as the red is......kinda ugly (in my opinion).

OK, that's good. :up: I was only able to access the beta site for a day, as my free subscription expired. I wasn't able to fiddle around with it all that much. And yes, that red/pink was hideous. The black and grey scheme looked much better. There was talk in the beta forums, though, that they might only make the black scheme available for subscribers. I hope this isn't still the case.

It's going to take some getting used to. :sad: I was hoping they'd get rid of the fugly recent track format, but nope.

Guys, I don't think I can live with all this clutter. I think I'm just going to borrow their external charts and make my own little Last.fm page on my crappy angelfire site. It would be so much easier on the eyes and the processor. :sad:

PlaTheGreat said:
Guys, I don't think I can live with all this clutter. I think I'm just going to borrow their external charts and make my own little Last.fm page on my crappy angelfire site. It would be so much easier on the eyes and the processor. :sad:

But what about the shoutboxin'?? That's 73% of the fun right there!

My page is taking forever to load up :sad:

Talk about farting all over a gold mine.

got_edge said:

But what about the shoutboxin'?? That's 73% of the fun right there!

I've just tried to shout a few times and it's taken like 5 minutes to go through. And then sometimes it doesn't even.

They've made a huge mistake. :(

I say we mass mail them and tell them it blowwwwwws.

Have you tried minimising everything that isn't the shoutbox and disabled images, Pla? It helps to reduce the clutter. Marginally. :(

HOLY SHIT they FUCKING RUINED IT! :ohmy:

Wow, my first time checking the service since this apparent upgrade, and my god is it ugly.

It's like someone saw a bunch of cool Web 2.0 sites like Digg.com and tried to copy it, failing miserably.

Utterly horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom