Audioscrobbler - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 PM   #181
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday
with brackets!

but if it's all on your ipod already then that's a problem

I'm kinda fussy about that sort of thing, so I reloaded and renamed all of my U2 files a while back. I clearly had too much time on my hands.


I'm guilty of that too. Only it's much worse. When I heard of this new video iPod, I figured it would be a good thing to hint at for Christmas. I don't want to scratch my U2 iPod any more than I currently have, so an upgrade would be nice. I realised, however, that I'd need to find the album art for all my music (why have the photo option if you're not going to use it?!) So I spent well over five hours NONSTOP looking for artwork for every album/single in my library. Even bootleg artwork.

Hopeless, utterly hopeless.
__________________

__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 08:57 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
beau2ifulday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 5,512
Local Time: 11:33 AM





This is the dilemma my iPod has presented - I only got my U2 iPod this week, but am refusing to load any music onto it until I have photos for all the albums and singles I want on there. It's proving a bit difficult since I have some really obscure scandinavian artists in my library. I am also unsatisfied with the single scans that U2wanderer and U2.com have of the earlier singles, so have been searching for some that meet my standards.


It really is so sad
__________________

__________________
beau2ifulday is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 09:03 PM   #183
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday
I am also unsatisfied with the single scans that U2wanderer and U2.com have of the earlier singles, so have been searching for some that meet my standards.


It really is so sad
http://u2.homepage.pl/
http://www.achtungbaby-online.de/



Those two sites are in my favourites list.

EDIT: More specifically, for singles: http://u2.homepage.pl/singlebridge.html
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #184
ONE<br>love, blood, life
 
hippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Posts: 12,144
Local Time: 07:33 AM



And I was getting worried that I was spending too much time organizing my iTunes and creating a couple of new playlists everyday


I am actually kind of comforted to know that there are other people as "into" their iPods and music as much as I am
__________________
Write for Interference!
Email or PM me (kim@interference.com) if you're interested.
hippy is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #185
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Has anyone heard this weird mix/version of Two Hearts Beat As One on last.fm? They show the War cover while playing it but it's definitely not the album version! I don't like this version all that much.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #186
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:33 PM
And now they're showing Radiohead's Hunting Bears from Amnesiac and playing something entirely different.. some weird even more experimental jam!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #187
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday





This is the dilemma my iPod has presented - I only got my U2 iPod this week, but am refusing to load any music onto it until I have photos for all the albums and singles I want on there. It's proving a bit difficult since I have some really obscure scandinavian artists in my library. I am also unsatisfied with the single scans that U2wanderer and U2.com have of the earlier singles, so have been searching for some that meet my standards.


It really is so sad

B2

and

Zoot I told ya this would be your new obsession
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #188
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:33 PM
It's definitely interesting, I'll say that.

I did have my own Yahoo Launchcast station once though.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
It's definitely interesting, I'll say that.

I did have my own Yahoo Launchcast station once though.

__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 PM   #190
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Has anyone heard this weird mix/version of Two Hearts Beat As One on last.fm? They show the War cover while playing it but it's definitely not the album version! I don't like this version all that much.
it happens sometimes. often times i find it's either a remix or a live song. i've come across at least one fucked up song per artist.

i made mental notes to not tag these songs for my radio so i wouldn't have to listen to them. the ban button is useless as it eventually cycles back and you hear the song anyway. and don't get me started with people tagging genres wrong. i've come across the oddest artist when playing genre stations.

and i subscribe to this shit
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat


__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #192
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes


and i subscribe to this shit
sounds like somebody's not very pleased with audioscrobbler!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 12:16 AM   #193
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 07:33 AM
so the audiopod doesn't recognize playcounts after you let the ipod turn itself off?

yes, i am extremely annoyed that i can't get audioscrobbler to account for the 4 hours of music i listened to at work tonight
__________________
IWasBored is offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 02:40 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday
with brackets!

but if it's all on your ipod already then that's a problem

I'm kinda fussy about that sort of thing, so I reloaded and renamed all of my U2 files a while back. I clearly had too much time on my hands.
All they need to do is make it utlise the album field a bit more and they are set.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #195
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
beau2ifulday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 5,512
Local Time: 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

I did have my own Yahoo Launchcast station once though.

So did I - it was really bizarre looking back on it though because although it has U2, it has all the crap I was into at the time on there too... the sort of stuff I can't stand now.
__________________

__________________
beau2ifulday is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com