Audioscrobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • "We're sorry, but our database servers are currently overloaded. Please enjoy a quick cup of tea and then try refreshing this page."

I don't think tea's going to help.

its all jacked up again! its not normal its like mostly a plain page with everything scrolled down the side! piece of crap!

grumpywaiting.gif

My weekly top artists thing is all screwed up. I don't even remember listening to U2 or Bright Eyes or ESP, and how in the hell did I listen to 212 Herman Düne songs??

Herman Düne 212 :faint:

Aereogramme 11

Tracy Chapman 8

Bob Dylan 7

Super Furry Animals 7

U2 6

Radiohead 5

Ed Harcourt 5

The Electric Soft Parade 5

Bright Eyes 5

I must say, I'm sorry to see all the negativity toward last.fm here lately. I've been reading all the updates on their new office and new systems, and it sounds like they're going through a lot of trouble to make it a great service. Yeah, there's been some downtime, and yes, there will be changes. Overall, though, I still think they've got a great thing going on over there. So it's taking a while for things to update. I still love what they're doing, and patience is a virtue. I can't wait to see how the new stuff works out. I think they have provided a great, fun service (which most people use for free), so I'll excuse the mess there right now while they make some progress.

Viva Audioscrobbler!

It doesn't bother me if my charts are updated weekly instead of daily. I don't really notice the daily changes anyway.

beau2ifulday said:

After having the charts updated regularly for so long, weekly is quite a big step down, don't you think?

I think a bit step down would be more website downtime and server crashes.

I don't want to even think of the backend database that service is using - this will take a whole load off of it during the week.

GibsonGirl said:
It doesn't bother me if my charts are updated weekly instead of daily. I don't really notice the daily changes anyway.

exactly

if "recent track" is working, I don't care about the 72 hours

Queen Bee said:

Now that is rich. You know the problems are going to come back within the week. Last.fm never has its shit together.

aww, give them a chance to make it all perfect! ;)

Finally, the big overall list has been updated (albeit with some stuff still missing)

I know that it is very sad that I am happy about this, but I am :dancing:

I think I could kill last.fm. :happy: Usually I'm quite content to keep quiet and see how things go when they run into their errors, but the problems are just getting too large and too frequent to ignore now. I still don't mind if my top artists are updated weekly, but I do mind when last.fm starts dropping tracks from my charts that once were there. I just lost about 2,000 tracks worth of data from my charts and there's no guarantee on when they will return. The old audioscrobbler never ran into problems like this. If they have so many database errors, why don't they just simplify it down to the way it used to be before they revamped everything? I was perfectly okay with the old system.

Best of all, there's this annoying little guy who sits around seemingly waiting on tenterhooks for the first person to criticise last.fm, just so that he can rudely tell you to go look at the developer's forums and stop whining. As if reading last.fm's lame excuses for all their database problems is going to make me any less displeased with their increasingly shitty service.

:mad:

GibsonGirl said:
I think I could kill last.fm. :happy: Usually I'm quite content to keep quiet and see how things go when they run into their errors, but the problems are just getting too large and too frequent to ignore now. I still don't mind if my top artists are updated weekly, but I do mind when last.fm starts dropping tracks from my charts that once were there. I just lost about 2,000 tracks worth of data from my charts and there's no guarantee on when they will return. The old audioscrobbler never ran into problems like this. If they have so many database errors, why don't they just simplify it down to the way it used to be before they revamped everything? I was perfectly okay with the old system.

Best of all, there's this annoying little guy who sits around seemingly waiting on tenterhooks for the first person to criticise last.fm, just so that he can rudely tell you to go look at the developer's forums and stop whining. As if reading last.fm's lame excuses for all their database problems is going to make me any less displeased with their increasingly shitty service.

:mad:

I'm wondering how he found my journal entry in the first place seeing as how I didn't tag it with anything. :grumpy: DIE!

last.fm 5 months ago was my favorite.

And I'm glad those Irish fuckers are back. :up: :wink:
Oh come on, you listened to Zooropa. And now it will be a real challenge to beat U2 out of top spot. It seems like I've already done so. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom