Auctions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Any interferencers go to auctions or use e-Bay.

I just got back from one and picked up an Atomic Coffee maker ($280AUD), should get a neat profit on e-Bay.

So auction stories or anything?

I buy mix and match swim suit tops and bottoms (new of course), cheaper computer and networking components, and PopMart posters. I sell my old gymnastics leotards.

I just bought some books off ebay.

They were actually from a guy I know, but this is how he's selling them (he's the author), so I'm buying them off ebay. :)

I've both bought and sold stuff on ebay, but haven't don't much of either lately.

I am of two minds, since this is third year at uni I want to be flexible with my time - I really want to avoid working part-time if it interferes with my study. Over the holidays I have basically got ~$500 of working capital that I try to spend strategically at auction and garage sales then then unload on eBay and at market stalls on weekends.

Of course the problem with me is not becoming too attatched to any items, I got a Minolta X-700 SLR camera made in the early '80s that is in beautiful condition with flash, leather carry case, multiple lenses and batteries for $45AUD that I have kept. Well it's not going to depreciate any time soon.

I scored well at an estate auction where I got a few 19th Century first editions with intact boards and gilt - I am getting those on e-Bay and they are selling really cheap compared to dealer prices, but I did buy them really, really, really cheap.

:up: Very cool

My lot just hit $200, it has been on for 4 hours, visible in the category for 2 hours and will remain in there for 6 days and 20 hours. Im quite optimistic about it.

Last edited:
I've gotten some Ryan Adams stuff from eBay...an out of print Whiskeytown disc, a press kit, magazine clippings, and a couple of CD singles...but I think that's it. I browse eBay fairly often, but I usually resist the temptation to buy.

Back
Top Bottom