Attica Correctional Facility, Attica, New York, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It is. Learn from Michael Jackson. :tsk:
shit, i really don't WANT to, but...*walks across the street and molests my neighbours' infant daughter*

shit, now i sound like a memphian. (it made the news that a dad was watching his baby while the mom took a shower. he beat and raped the baby. it was eight days old, btw.)

oh, he ranked diversity just based on how many artists you used vs. songs you used. so you could be the most diverse but it's because you used every 80s new wave one hit wonder.

....oh wait those are my lists!

:lol: If I did that, then it wouldn't be true to my tastes. So, ahem, but fuck that.

U2.com | Official News

'It's been fun, it's been maddening... there have been injuries and recoveries, no babies born that I know of, but this one is nearly ready for the new year of 2009.'

Yeah, just caught that in the thread. Well, I'm not too fussed when it comes out, but if it means the album's going to be better, that's okay. As long as it's not overcooked, that is.

And nobody does diversity quite like he does. Seven songs from the same album? That's diversity, man.

But is it radio-friendly and easily digestible? Larry must know.

So it's not against the rules for someone to use multiple songs from the same compilation album? That seems odd.

:shrug: He fell asleep at the 3 minute mark. There was another 28 minutes to go.

shit, i really don't WANT to, but...*walks across the street and molests my neighbours' infant daughter*

shit, now i sound like a memphian. (it made the news that a dad was watching his baby while the mom took a shower. he beat and raped the baby. it was eight days old, btw.)

You sick fuck. I meant being white. :lol:

Yes, he was the one feeding us with info on the Vertigo Tour about U2's plans to come down here.

I love how the hyper-defensive U2 fans are quite happy to flat-out ignore people who are actually in bands or the industry, such as Andrew and Earnie.
yay, i was right!

and i know. ahh yes, people who work in the industry have no idea about logistics, the recording process, etc. as long as YOU like an album, then it must be good. even if it was rushed or overproduced or whatever.

and he's right, anyway. the tracks that didn't make htdaab? aside from mercy, they're all great. oh, and xanax and wine. don't like that one. but the alt versions of everything else? better than what made the album. i don't care that vertigo is more commercial than native son, that doesn't make it better.

Yes, he was the one feeding us with info on the Vertigo Tour about U2's plans to come down here.

I love how the hyper-defensive U2 fans are quite happy to flat-out ignore people who are actually in bands or the industry, such as Andrew and Earnie.

No. When I mention anything about my band, Rob gets all defensive and asks if I'm really comparing myself with U2, blah blah blah. Or when I say anything bad about U2 and he gives the BVS sign and says, "uhhhhhh, you might want to rethink that hahaha." He's like the antiShaunVox.

:lol: If I did that, then it wouldn't be true to my tastes. So, ahem, but fuck that.
aww, no worries. i like your lists! :up:

i was happy to hear my diverse percentage, though. it was pretty decent. i don't remember what it is now, though. it'll hopefully go up with my DI V, VI, and VII playlists. quite a few artists i've never used before.

yay, i was right!

and i know. ahh yes, people who work in the industry have no idea about logistics, the recording process, etc. as long as YOU like an album, then it must be good. even if it was rushed or overproduced or whatever.

and he's right, anyway. the tracks that didn't make htdaab? aside from mercy, they're all great. oh, and xanax and wine. don't like that one. but the alt versions of everything else? better than what made the album. i don't care that vertigo is more commercial than native son, that doesn't make it better.

I like the chorus to Xanax and Wine. And I like the name of it. But everything else good about it's on Fast Cars. Though I like the Jacknife Lee version quite a fucking lot.

So it's not against the rules for someone to use multiple songs from the same compilation album? That seems odd.

:shrug: He fell asleep at the 3 minute mark. There was another 28 minutes to go.

I'd say it's against the spirit, but it's not explicitly stated - partly because it's not something I ever anticipated. The ban is on repeating artists within the one tracklist, and songs over multiple entries, with no mention given to compilations. However, I'm tempted to disqualify his list under the "don't push the rules" rule, since he's exploited a loophole. In contrast, the Fake List exploits no loopholes.

I bet Larry woke up with a minute to go, figured it was another track, and proclaimed it a radio friendly classic too?

Full tummy....CHECK

Kids asleep....CHECK

Hubby content and occupied.....CHECK

Superthreading time....CHECKFUCKYEAH!

yay, i was right!

Yeah, people in the industry are in no position to comment about how easy or hard it is to record music or what realistic expectations upon artists are. What would they know? Clearly not as much as one hyper fan in Germany who probably can't even play a D chord.

Agreed, I think Native Son owns Vertigo, alt. ABOY's lyrics are superior, and alt. Yahweh doesn't sound quite so dreadful - though alt. SYCMIOYO is terrible. I cannot believe that Smile did not make the album.

Yeah, people in the industry are in no position to comment about how easy or hard it is to record music or what realistic expectations upon artists are. What would they know? Clearly not as much as one hyper fan in Germany who probably can't even play a D chord.

Agreed, I think Native Son owns Vertigo, alt. ABOY's lyrics are superior, and alt. Yahweh doesn't sound quite so dreadful - though alt. SYCMIOYO is terrible. I cannot believe that Smile did not make the album.

A wonderful Bomb (in no particular track order) would've been:

Native Son
All Because of You (a hybrid of the alternate version and the single mix)
City of Blinding Lights (stripped the fuck down to guitars, bass, and drums)
Love and Peace Or Else (without the "wtf?" lyrics throughout)
Smile
Fast Cars (w/Xanax & Wine's chorus and the punch of the Jacknife Lee mix added at parts to accentuate)
Electrical Fucking Storm
She's Gonna Blow Your House Down (dug up from the vault)
One Step Closer
Miracle Drug (without the clunky lyrics and with Edge singing lead vocals)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (stripped the fuck down for the most part, but then blasting into it at "SIIIING!" with swirling string orchestras)
Original of the Species (played like it was played live)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom