Attack of the Killer Sting Rays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
How is this even possible. I guess the Stingrays are finally getting pissed off when people pet them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/ap_on_re_us/stingray_stabbing

LIGHTHOUSE POINT, Fla. - An 81-year-old boater was in critical condition Thursday after a stingray flopped onto his boat and stabbed him, leaving a foot-long barb in his chest, authorities said.

"It was a freak accident," said Lighthouse Point acting fire Chief David Donzella. "It's very odd that the thing jumped out of the water and stung him. We still can't believe it."

Fatal stingray attacks like the one that killed "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin last month are rare, marine experts say. Rays reflexively deploy a sharp spine in their tails when frightened, but the venom coating the barb usually causes just a painful sting for humans.

James Bertakis of Lighthouse Point was on the water with his granddaughter and a friend Wednesday when the stingray flopped onto the boat and stung Bertakis. The women steered the boat to shore and called 911.

Surgeons were able to remove some of the barb, and Bertakis, who also suffered a collapsed lung, underwent surgery late Wednesday and early Thursday, the Miami Herald reported on its web site.

Ellen Pikitch, a professor of marine biology and fisheries at the University of Miami, who has been studying stingrays for decades, said they are generally docile.

"Something like this is really, really extraordinarily rare," she said. "Even when they are under duress, they don't usually attack."

Enough is enough, I've had it with these mother fucking sting rays, in these mother fucking oceans!!

Snakes on a Plane jokes are still funny right??

Perhaps people will get the idea that molesting animals ain't cool. How would you like it if you were sunbathing and some giant fucking hand came down from the sky and rubbed your bits?

Yeah, you'd get Steve Irwin'ed.

Too soon :sad:

Chizip said:
Enough is enough, I've had it with these mother fucking sting rays, in these mother fucking oceans!!

LOL I've been fucking depressed all day and you comment made me laugh out loud for the first time all day!!

Chizip said:

I have had it with these mother fucking Snakes on a Plane jokes on this mother fucking message board!

Jesus H.........another stingray episode? Now wait for #3, things come in threes.

And so we shall now have Stingrays in our muthafuckin Boat on the big screen!

Chizip said:

Yes! :lmao: :heart:

Seriously though, that is so freaky. :huh:

The story, not your joke.

People are complete idiots if they get hurt by a stingray. I would use my bowstaff to kill every stingray I encountered.

Dwight Schrute said:
People are complete idiots if they get hurt by a stingray. I would use my bowstaff to kill every stingray I encountered.

Dwight, everyone knows that a bowstaff is QUITE ineffective against stingrays, or any other sort of aquatic creature. Unless, of course, you have an electric stun type of bowstaff. Do you have one of those? And if so, where did you find one, cause mine is no longer operational. And as an aside, they don't work very well on the larger breed of fishes.

Dwight Schrute said:

Why didn't you show Ryan your bowstaff range you have in your farmhouse during the initiation?

It's more impressive than your cousin Moze.

Back
Top Bottom