Atomic conversation biscuit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Years ago when I first joined this forum, I sometimes took it on myself to coin a conversation biscuit or two, to kickstart discussion on a topical topic or two.

Needless to say I was so disappointed by everyone's stubborn refusal to take the conversation in the direction I wanted, that I shelved the idea.

Until now, that is. I'm bringing back my conversation biscuit, but this time, it's an atomic conversation biscuit. What does this mean? Well, if you've ever seen the episode of Seinfeld about George's old highschool gym teacher (the one who gave George an atomic wedgie for having Henry Miller's 'Tropic of Capricorn' in his locker), you'll have an idea.

Today's topic is up to you, but you better starting talking up a storm, right about now.

i think you guys completely missed the point.

we're not supposed to talk about "biscuits". "biscuits" are figurative here, symbolizing a conversation topic.

you're welcome.

Zoomerang96 said:
i think you guys completely missed the point.

we're not supposed to talk about "biscuits". "biscuits" are figurative here, symbolizing a conversation topic.

you're welcome.

:wetblanket:

What if the topic is Biscuits? lololololol.....seriously....whatchya think of that poppin' fresh guy? Hot or what???:wink:

Last edited:
now that the craze surroungind it has sufficiently subsided, what contribution has post modernism made to academia?

Interesting question, Kobayashi. Now that the craze surrounding it has sufficiently subsided, I think that post-modernism has made a great contribution to encouraging an equal and opposite reaction, in the real world at least. To wit, pre-modernism.

they painted their windows black, spit on them, starved them, then killed my czar.

are the relatives distant enough so we don't have to feel too awkward.

like this didn't happen last year, I hope

I think I speak for everyone on this matter

However, can we truly say that post-modernism is the be-all-end-all for academia? Or is academia in and of itself its own be-all-end-all? For if the be-all-end-all is truly the be-all-end-all for academia, is not post-modernism the root cause of the ambiguity caused by the penal code? For yea, even though we may think that the penal code is post-modernistic, our academic outlook on the style of inns in 13th-century Wallonia serves to break all our standards of academia. Is it not better to be post-modernistic than to accept the penal code for face value, as a mere constitution of the justice system that is currently facing a downward turn?

DaveC said:
However, can we truly say that post-modernism is the be-all-end-all for academia? Or is academia in and of itself its own be-all-end-all? For if the be-all-end-all is truly the be-all-end-all for academia, is not post-modernism the root cause of the ambiguity caused by the penal code? For yea, even though we may think that the penal code is post-modernistic, our academic outlook on the style of inns in 13th-century Wallonia serves to break all our standards of academia. Is it not better to be post-modernistic than to accept the penal code for face value, as a mere constitution of the justice system that is currently facing a downward turn?

You talk too much

DaveC said:

Duh!:blahblah:

dreamingoutloud1 said:
some of my distant relatives were locked in their house and set on fire by the kosacks....how's that for atomic?

care to share a bit more?

Superman saved the world by gathering up all the atomic bombs and throwing them into outer space. Which as a solution, is a bit like solving world hunger by taking all the hungry people and throwing them into outer space.

Back
Top Bottom