Atomic conversation biscuit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kieran McConville said:
Superman saved the world by gathering up all the atomic bombs and throwing them into outer space. Which as a solution, is a bit like solving world hunger by taking all the hungry people and throwing them into outer space.

your logic befuddles me.

Zoomerang96 said:

care to share a bit more?

This was in Poland, long ago....I don't know all of the details, it's been past down to me through my family....It was on my father's side....obviously some family members were spared....because here i am...

dreamingoutloud1 said:

This was in Poland, long ago....I don't know all of the details, it's been past down to me through my family....It was on my father's side....obviously some family members were spared....because here i am...

Interesting ... I have heard that relatives of mine from Poland were locked up on concentration camps during WWII because they spoke out against the treatment of the Jews. Not surprising because that side of my family speaks their mind.

I am thinking it might have been the Majdanek camp near Lublin because that is where that branch on my family tree originates. Unfortunately my gradparents don't like to talk about it--they don't like to talk about Poland because of how bad things were there. I would love to know more about it though.

Everything that you say seems to ring true for my family as well. My grandparents are long deceased, but they didn't like to dwell on the past.

I think for a long time in our country people in my grandparents and greatgrandparents generation were so glad to be out of terrible situations in their home countries that they focused on integrating into the American culture. Unfortunately that meant that they didn't pass on their family history to their children or grandchildren.

Back
Top Bottom