Athletes In Trouble With The Law

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
What is the deal w/ all of these athletes being constantly involved with domestic violence, rape, drugs, or even murder? The latest being Iverson..and before him, Jayson Williams, etc, etc..

I guess you could argue that it only reflects society, but I've read a few articles discussing how athletes are pampered and coddled from high school on, thus creating egomaniacal types who think they are above the law.

So I often wonder-are they like this before they become athletes, or does the fame, money, adulation create it? Of course, there are numerous examples of athletes who NEVER get involved in this.

I don't expect them to be perfect, but it does get extremely discouraging.

i don't know. it's crazy though. great website that tracks all of these cases is and many more you don't hear. "Where COPS meets SportsCenter" www.badjocks.com

I would provide my opinion but I would rather not be accused of being racist in my comments. But I do think its sad and discouraging.

My father told me about how 20 years or so ago some Green Bay players were accused of drug use. They were suspended for the year. Later on, it turned out they didn't do anything wrong. Now we have players accused of murder playing in the Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom