At what age did you say your first "bad" word?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A|catura

Acrobat
When I was 5 years old I called someone a f**ker. My sister immediately ran home and told my mother(don't knock her, nellie would have done the same thing
tongue.gif
). Needless to say, the bar of soap that my mom used to wash my mouth out with didn't taste very pleasant. BLAH!

------------------
www.LP.org

Snooty Maitre D':You're Abe Froman?

Ferris Bueller: That's right. I'm Abe Froman.

Snooty Maitre D': The sausage king of Chicago?

Ferris Bueller: [brief hesitation] Yeah. That's me.

Oh my, 5? I dont think I said a bad word until I was at least 10.. SHIT.

i was a late bloomer starting with 'piss' first (10 i'd say),working my way up to 'shit', then 'fuck', then a couple of 'c' words that i wont mention
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I think it was when i was about 11. We were having sport, playing baseball i think...i was on 3rd base, the batter hits it straight to the pitcher who throws it to 1st for the out, 1st then gives it to the catcher. In the meantime ive set off for home as the young git i was, and the catcher throws to the 3rd base who comes to tag me, and i let out a yell of 'SHIT!' with our teacher standing about 4 feet away. I can still remember him saying 'out...and get off my oval!'
eek.gif

Still no idea why i said it
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 02-23-2002).]

I was 2 1/2 when I first said a cuss word even though it was just repeating what my parents said, so it wasn't a cognitive usage.

I was 6 or 7 before I said a cuss word cognitively, and it was Fuck.

I haven't stopped since
wink.gif

Well, I don't remember exactly how old I was the first time I called someone a bad word, or what the word was, but I remember the first time someone called me a bad word...it was after school one day, 3rd or 4th grade I think, and some kid I didnt even know, called me a bitch! I was very upset and went home crying to mom LOL

I don't incorporate "bad" words into my conversation unless I'm absolutely upset or other times when it seems necessary, I think they have greater effect that way. But I do remember my first "bad" word quite well. I was probably 11 years old. Me and my sister were walking out of Service Merchandise, and she said something truly rude to me (don't remember what but it hurt my feelings) and I said "ugh keep quiet bitch" so when we got back in the car she told my mom. I remember the feeling of horror immediately after it escaped my lips, because I knew she'd have such a reaction, and my mom saw me as her precious angel, so she was real upset with me. I never say "bad" words infront of my parents because they used to give me the bar of soap treatment, too... blech!
biggrin.gif

My favorite phrase when I was 4 was "Oh, damn it all to hell." My family was at church and I dropped something and I shouted out (in our SUPER echo-licious Cathedral) "Oh, damn it all to hell!" Apparently my family all buckled over laughing and we had to leave...

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

My mother taught me the proper usage of curse words at an early age. I don't have an exact age I can give you, but I am certain it was around the age of four or five. In fact, growing up in New Jersey, the word fuck is used about every third or fourth word in normal conversation, leading to the age old question here in the Internet-based community called Interference:

Is FUCK a bad word?

I think I was about 4...I flipped my sister the middle finger and said "Fuck" to her on our front porch...I didn't know what it meant...I just said it and smiled at her. She told my mom though, and then Mom told me why I wasn't allowed to say/do that.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Back
Top Bottom