At the Drive-In Anthology: This Station Is Non-Operational

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Ok, I had no idea this was coming out. It releases this Tuesday, May 25th. Amazon describes it like this: Four years since their "indefinite hiatus", the band members (now split into The Mars Volta and Sparta) have unveiled this collection of greatest hits, videos, BBC sessions, b-sides, re-mixes, EPK, and covers of The Smiths and Pink Floyd tunes. Includes an 18-track audio CD, a companion DVD, and a booklet containing 20 unreleased photos. The DVD supposedly has music videos, discography, and multimedia content (whatever any of that means)

Here's the tracklist:

1. Fahrenheit
2. Picket Fence Cartel
3. Chanbara
4. Lopsided
5. Napoleon Solo
6. Pickpocket
7. Doorman's Placebo (B-Side)
8. Metronome
9. 198D
10. One Armed Scissor
11. Enfilade
12. Non Zero Possibility
13. Incetardis (B-Side)
14. Autorelocator (Rare)
15. Rascuache (Vaya Remix)
16. This Night Has Opened My Eyes (Smiths cover)
17. Initiation (BBC Lamacq Session)
18. Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk (Pink Floyd cover)

Looks like a great introduction to an amazingly influential and important group that most people probably completely missed. :up:

cool. little disappointing though since almost everything on there had been released at sometime or another. the version of initiation is worth the purchase price alone.

jphelmet said:
cool. little disappointing though since almost everything on there had been released at sometime or another. the version of initiation is worth the purchase price alone.

That's an anthology/compilation for you. A way to make money of off the fact that only the major fans would have the majority of the material, but you'll still end up getting them to buy it for collectors purposes. :wink:

The DVD should be interesting, and I havent heard a whole lot of the actual CD in all honesty.....

I picked this up yesterday. I havent had the chance to listen to it yet, but I did thumb through the booklet and put the DVD in. The booklet is well done, and looks pretty good for an anthology (though the cover art is a little iffy). The DVD has 3 music videos: One Armed Scissor, Invalid Litter Dept., and Metronome Arthritis (all of which looked good) and a Electronic press junket to watch (showed live footage, interviews, background, etc). Looked pretty interesting, nice bonus to the cd! I picked mine up at my local independent store for only $9.60!!!!

i'll pick it up tomorrow or on friday, i haven't had a chance to get into town yet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :bow:

I had no clue what to get my son for his 18th birthday next week. This is perfect! :up:

Back
Top Bottom