Ass on fire!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
So...I'm addicted to hot sauce. I put it on everything: tofu, ramen, cornbread, collards, chips, you name it!

Hot sauce is the best condiment ever. There's a variety of flavors and catchy names and graphic labels. So, lets talk about hot sauce! What's your fav? For taste, I prefer Tapatio or Cholula.

As for names, I'm a fan of Ass on Fire! and Butt Burner. Any other good ones out there?

for a science experiment, my friend bought shipped the hottest hot sauce in the world from texas, and since I was in charge of it, i was walking around the whole school with it and people kept on putting their hands in it and just put the SLIGHTEST (like you could barely see it on their finger) and it litterally burn their tounge:lol: and then there was an asian kid (who spoke english but not well) and took a spoonful and was litterally bouncing up in down for water and the teacher couldnt get what he was saying, and then she was yelling at him when he was gasping for water and had tears in his eyes:lmao:

then like the whole school was lined up for the water fountain, i didnt tell them that water makes spicy more spicy, so you get what im saying:wink:

what a great day that was:lmao:

Sevikins said:
:yes: Sriracha's good stuff, although IMO a bit too sweet for some things. Jamaican Pickapeppa can also be too sweet sometimes, but it's very good as well.

North African harissa and Southeast Asian sambals are great in most stews or soups where you might use hot sauce, though since they're pastes you can't just shake them over everything. If you're vegetarian or keep kosher then read the labels on sambal pastes first though, as many contain shrimp paste or fish sauce.

I also like Cholula and Tapatio as good basic standbys. Where I grew up a lot of folks made their own hot pepper vinegar for collards--unfortunately my own family never made it, so I don't really know the exact method. But that was some good stuff, :drool: perhaps it was just that it looked so attractive in the bottle, but it always seemed like the flavors were more vibrant and complex than the bottled 'Lousiana' stuff.

Also since you like Ethiopian food, you might want to try niter kibbeh and berbere, which can be used together or alone as a flavor base.

Sevikins said:
My favorite type.

I put it on everything!
It's that good... :drool:

Oh man. This lady my wife works with dragged my wife to an H-Mart to buy that stuff. It's sooo good.

The garlic Tabasco is real good. I dig that.

The hottest stuff I've ever had is this stuff called Predator. We've had this little bottle for, no shit, 3 1/2 years. You can use one drop at a time and even that beats you down. It's awesome.

Sevikins said:
My favorite type.

I put it on everything!
It's that good... :drool:

Ahh Sriracha is great stuff!!! But I agree with yolland, it is too sweet for some foods. I haven't had it in awhile. The last time, I was having dinner with the Archbishop of Madagascar (yeah, I'm that cool!) and...I can't remember what we were eating, but he said it needed sauce. So he got some Sriracha and poured it ALL OVER MY FOOD!!! I was like "OMG Dude!" and he said it was good for me and would give me fuel I needed because I laughed so much. Then he poured beer into my water. It was one of the most hilarious meals of my life.

I haven't had any since...perhaps I should change that. Now I have a craving!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Ass on fire!

angelordevil said:

Are these actual product names? :drool: :drool: :drool:

:lol: yes they are!!! Is there a California Tortilla nearby? They have quite an assortment of hot sauces. That's where I found the Ass on Fire! sauce. If you go, bring a camera, and share with us what you find.

Shannon - yes I agree with you, hotter=better!! :drool:

Yolland thanks for the heads up about the sambals! I had no idea!! And thanks for the recipes!!! I just found a local store that sells inerja mix. I've got a bag of lentils that are begging me to cook them, I'll be sure to try these sauces!

This thread compels me to pick up another bottle of Sriracha... I love my scrambled eggs w/that stuff... and all these other brands :drool:... but I don't even know what supermarket near me'll have those brands.

Sevikins said:
This thread compels me to pick up another bottle of Sriracha... I love my scrambled eggs w/that stuff... and all these other brands :drool:... but I don't even know what supermarket near me'll have those brands.

I haven't had much luck with ordinary supermarkets myself. Do you happen to have a World Market of sorts nearby? They have some neat stuff I haven't even tried before. There's also some novelty stores that are likely to carry the ones with the hilarious names. Of course, you can always try experimenting and making your own. :drool: oh the possibilities are endless!!! i'm gonna go make some miso soup w/ hot sauce right now. it is about time for a midnight snack i think :)

I love hot sauce, but I can't quite say I put it on anything.

Ranch, though. Now there is an all purpose condiment.

hp.jpg

^ :love: ooooooooh............i have that on my eggs.....:tongue:

My hubby loves a chilli sauce called Dragons blood.........it is extremely hot....you can feel your tastebuds literally jumping off your toungue and running for the freezer!

I believe my brother-in-law purchased a 4 pack of sauces and I know one of them was called 'smack my ass and call me Sally'. they had other funny names too, just can't remember right now. not a huge fan of hot sauce in general. (unless you count the sauce on my buffalo wings. good ones are hard to find around here. I miss the Anchor Bar and Duff's in Buffalo :( )

U2Girl416 said:
I believe my brother-in-law purchased a 4 pack of sauces and I know one of them was called 'smack my ass and call me Sally'.

:lmao: yes!!! those are the kind of names I'm looking for.

Some of them taste like crap, and some have no distinguishing flavor to them whatsoever, the the labels sure make it worth it!

Tabasco your way to weight loss

BILL BROWNSTEIN, The Gazette
Published: Thursday, February 01, 2007

Order Bloody Mary. Then ask bartender to hold the ice, celery, salt, pepper, horseradish, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and - sadly - vodka.

The more astute among you will realize that all you're left with is the Tabasco. Correct. Now knock back the Tabasco.

Movie buffs, this is not just a masochistic, modern-day variation on the classic Jack Nicholson rant in Five Easy Pieces. It is actually a prelude to a hot diet.

A spoonful of Tabasco may not make the medicine go down, but it can apparently eliminate the pounds. The Hot Sauce Diet is all the rage these days - particularly among those with cast-iron intestines and tummies.

The thinking behind the diet must be that if the hot sauce doesn't at least curb your appetite, a sufficient dose could cause your intestines and tummy to spring a leak, still resulting in your wasting away
from a blimp to a mere beer barrel.

The Hot Sauce Diet is the brainchild of one Spiro B. Antoniades, an orthopedic surgeon from Baltimore who would seem to know more about spines than stomachs. However, the good doctor did shed some 70 pounds in a year simply by taking swigs of hot sauce and dousing his dinner with it. Better still, he didn't suffer an ulcer in the process.

He has since penned the slim volume The Hot Sauce Diet: A Journey of Behavior Modification (available at Amazon.ca). The key here would be "behaviour modification," a subject some of us find too easy to resist.

It's all about the pain game. Whenever Antoniades has the urge to pig out, he simply tortures himself by knocking back some Tabasco straight from the bottle. Apparently, the ensuing pain will come back to haunt him the next time he wants to chow down on a Big Mac or six.

"For serious, inappropriate, uncontrollable hunger, I recommend a full swig of hot sauce straight from the bottle," he writes. "I know this is drastic, but inappropriate hunger behaviour needs to be punished. Once the swig is in your mouth, you should not swallow it immediately but rather swish it around like a wine connoisseur until the burning effect diminishes."

Not only that, but the swish could cure cavities, too.
This would seem to be a rather heavy-handed approach to dieting. Really, one could just as soon modify one's behaviour by poking one's eye with a sharp stick every time one has the yearning to pillage one's fridge.

For this particular hot-sauce freak, though, the diet does have a certain appeal. Just as long as there is a little food involved.

For eons, scientists have been extolling the virtues of capsaicin, the key chemical that gives cayenne its pop in hot sauces. Capsaicin has been credited in everything from fighting infection to stimulating the heart plus other valuable organs to alleviating arthritis.

On the other hand, too much of the stuff can lead to digestive difficulties best left undescribed while one devours one's breakfast. Put it this way: The makers of the following hot sauces didn't call them Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally, Screaming Sphincter, Kiss Your Ass Goodbye or Colon Cleaner for nothing.

On that tender note, Antoniades also advises dieters to drink lots of water and eat slowly. Not that there's much likelihood dieters will be quickly downing grub laced with Tabasco, let alone such personal faves as Crazy Jerry's Brain Damage Mind Blowin' Hot Sauce or Iguana Radioactive Atomic Pepper Sauce. (Use of the latter will not only result in the shedding of many pounds, but also in bringing down an entire regime.)

The danger, though, is that the Hot Sauce Diet could cause some to lose their will to live before they lose weight. So, have a Bloody Mary - fully loaded - before making any rash decisions.

:lol: I don't know if it works all that well. I've had hot sauce all my life (really, it is right along side the salt and pepper at my table.) I don't exactly look like I'm wasting away.

redhotswami said:

As for names, I'm a fan of Ass on Fire! and Butt Burner. Any other good ones out there?

I got a bottle of each of these in one of the hot sauce sets I got for Christmas. Can't wait to try them. :drool: I love all hot sauce, Iguana Mean Green jalapeno sauce is my all-time favorite though. I think I'll go order more right now. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom