Ashley, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish someone had warned me he'd be this sensitive... :yikes: :wink:

BURNING ANTI-IANERS AT THE STAKE! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: THE CARNAGE, THE TORTURE, THE MURDER!

Now that I think about it, a quest to burn music heretics at the stake far more adequately explains your lengthy absence than a drug-filled haze does.

If only the Pythons made a film about it. :heart:

It's the "possibility" bit that scares me. I've got waaaaay too much to do for the world to end.

I think they mean on this planet do they not? Rays hitting our atmosphere all the time or something I read?
Yeah, radiation is always hitting the atmosphere... the only reason we're not all toast is that there is an atmosphere to soak it all up. Well, it helps with the oxygen supply too.
Usually it just causes radio static and auroras, not black holes.

Yeah, he's done it both times I've seen them. It's the Matchbox 20 song, very briefly. And I just noticed I forgot to note Here Comes The Sun at the end of Beautiful Day and what struck me as the oddest snippet of the lot, When Johnny Comes Marching Home in Sunday Bloody Sunday. I guess because I'm so used to it in Bullet. Though Satisfaction in AIWIY was really weird too. I love it; it cracks me up and I'm glad they do the snippetry thing.
I thought the Johnny snippet worked well in SBS... better than the random Satisfaction. I was wondering if it's possible to mangle any song to be a snippet in any other song...!

Wrong. The following were all more boring:

- Miracle Drug speech
- SYCMIOYO
- One and its never-ending speech
- Any other speech Bono made

Night guys :wave:
You forgot Stuck. And I can't remember the Miracle Drug speech? Guess I should have watched Chicago more than once.

I was quite irritated that Bono talked over the awesomeness that is the Streets intro. I keep wondering if Edge ever felt like jamming a guitar up Bono sideways for speechifying over one of his finest moments (arguably - and I'm sure someone will/has argued that).

.... methinks this epic rant of mine is getting closer to the surface.

Man, I am so far behind!

I thought the Johnny snippet worked well in SBS... better than the random Satisfaction. I was wondering if it's possible to mangle any song to be a snippet in any other song...!

Oh yeah, I thought the Johnny snippet worked, but it seemed so odd to me! Satisfaction was bizarre. Now I'd like to see, say, Backstreet's Back worked into Please or The Sound Of Silence into Mofo.

You forgot Stuck. And I can't remember the Miracle Drug speech? Guess I should have watched Chicago more than once.

I was quite irritated that Bono talked over the awesomeness that is the Streets intro. I keep wondering if Edge ever felt like jamming a guitar up Bono sideways for speechifying over one of his finest moments (arguably - and I'm sure someone will/has argued that).

.... methinks this epic rant of mine is getting closer to the surface.

Oh yes, of course, Stuck was horrendously boring too. The Miracle Drug speech is what spawned the whole "Edge is from the future" thing.

Agreed about the Streets intro. Shut up, Bono! We know you're in love with Africa. Let us listen to the goddamn intro!

Can't wait for the epic rant. :hyper:

I do agree, it's all very interesting, and it sounds like it will go ahead no matter what. They have the potential to discover what the 95% of unknown matter is in the universe.
I can't help but wonder exactly what concrete benefit there will be in knowing that. I'm sure it's good for the general advancement of human knowledge, and one day we might have space ships powered on dark matter or something, but if you have to weigh some esoteric theoretical astrophysics against the existence of the Earth...??

(I know Reggo would lynch me for saying that!)

And while everyone else bails I will too

I forgot I still had about 20 chem questions to do

Seeya! And bye Ian and Khaaaan....

Oh yeah, I thought the Johnny snippet worked, but it seemed so odd to me! Satisfaction was bizarre. Now I'd like to see, say, Backstreet's Back worked into Please or The Sound Of Silence into Mofo.
:lol: That would rock the fuck out.

Gary once asked on the mailing list for what brand Bono's Pop shades were, so I was kinda hoping we'd start seeing some Pop songs in their set, but I guess nothing came of it.

The Miracle Drug speech is what spawned the whole "Edge is from the future" thing.
Aaah.
I felt like shouting that every life form on earth is a carbon life form, when Bono was doing that bit with the girl he pulled up in Angel of Harlem in Melb I... but it was kinda amusing anyway. :wink:

Agreed about the Streets intro. Shut up, Bono! We know you're in love with Africa. Let us listen to the goddamn intro!
On the other hand, it's possible that Edge is sick to death of playing that, and wanted Bono to drown it out. :lol:

Ye gods, I can't believe I ate all that. *flup*

Dammit... I was so going to practice today, with the house mostly empty. Except now the remaining housemate is going to bed, and practicing bass with headphones on is no fun.

:lol: That would rock the fuck out.

Gary once asked on the mailing list for what brand Bono's Pop shades were, so I was kinda hoping we'd start seeing some Pop songs in their set, but I guess nothing came of it.

Damn. Somebody should talk them into doing Please with a Backstreet's Back snippet! "Please, please, get up off your knees/'Cause Backstreet's back, ALRIGHT!"

Aaah.
I felt like shouting that every life form on earth is a carbon life form, when Bono was doing that bit with the girl he pulled up in Angel of Harlem in Melb I... but it was kinda amusing anyway. :wink:

On the other hand, it's possible that Edge is sick to death of playing that, and wanted Bono to drown it out. :lol:

I honestly don't recall what happened during AOH at Melbourne I!

As I understand it, the band initially weren't intending on doing Streets on Vertigo. Not sure who talked them into doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom