Ashlee Simpson's screw up on SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
During one of her song performances on SNL last night her vocal track started before she actually begain to lip synch to it and the band looked confused so they just started playing their instruments along to the song and Ashlee left the stage, SNL had to cut to a commercial.

Then at the end of the show she blamed the screw up on her band by saying "They started playing the wrong song!" She said it on national TV.

Uhhhh. Nice one Ashlee.

Here's the video proof:

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

Her comments later on:

http://66.98.154.85/aftermath.mpg

Here's what she has to say about lip synching:

LM: What are your takes on lip-synching?

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

- Lucky Magazine

That's some quality stuff right there :)

It wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't blame it on her band for "playing the wrong song".

Then why the hell was the lyric track going for it??? :eyebrow:

Don't blame your own screwup on others. No class. :tsk:

gorman said:

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

Um I missed this before. What "real talent" would that be exactly?! :scratch::lmao:

it's hilarious that her band just keeps playing and kind of laughing about it. she looked like a moron. and her dancing is really weird. :laugh:

Se7en said:
neither of those links are working for me. anyone know where else i could find this? sounds funny :up:

I couldn't get the first link to work with Mozilla but it worked fine with IE. The second one is dead I think.

Screaming Flower said:
it's hilarious that her band just keeps playing and kind of laughing about it. she looked like a moron. and her dancing is really weird. :laugh:

:lmao:

What the HELL was that dance/jig/spasm thing all about??

that's really too bad, because i find her songs catchy. and she's kinda cute too, unlike her sister.

It's also on CNN.com - go to cnn.com/video and then scroll down to the Entertainment section and the video is titled "Oops! Ashlee Simpson's musical miscue"

can't get gorman's link to work.

and cnn's you need to subscribe.

ok, I saw it.

here we go:

1. the fact that she's lip-synching that piece of shit song proves she got a record deal only because of her sister. (as if there was any doubts).

2. she's not even musically savy enough to just keep going anyway? no one would have even noticed if she would have just picked up the next line.

3. she made the whole thing sssooooooo much worse by just walking off.

4. band conversation at commercial: "how much are we getting paid?"

5. the little 2 step dance she did once the damage was done gets my vote for artistic achievement of the milienium.

jesus, can't real musicians be given a chance anymore?

and it's not to say bands/singers should never make mistakes; everyone is only human, things are bound to happen. it's the stigma of lip syncing that you've got to be careful with; if you do it, you've got to do it right or you'll be ridiculed. madonna used to do it, but she was dancing at the same time, so people would say it's ok because you're just there to see the show anyway. this simpson song is supposed to be a rock song, and she shouldn't have been lip syncing anyways.

Back
Top Bottom