As The Lakers Turn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
ladies and gentleman... the happiest man on the face of the earth (and no... i'm not talking about shaq)
shaq.jpg

Shaq and his new pimp, Ron Jeremy???? :lol:

And to the other comments, I think the Lakers are gonna be everyone else's lunch! :down:

Last edited:
I just saw Shaq pull up to his news conference in a diesel tractor/trailer combo..he had 'em laughing in minutes...:up:

Just saw Mitch Kupchek hand Vlade Divac his old #12 jersey..

Vlade grabbed it and fell down! :no:

Well if you think the Lakers are in trouble because they replaced Shaq with Vlade, how about the Kings...they in turn replaced Vlade with Greg Ostertag...the state of California may not see the NBA playoffs next year unless the Warriors get there.

:up: You're absolutely right about no playoffs in CA..

That actually frees up my schedule for next year...more time for golf and less time for TV...:lol:

PS...my 17-year old said that he heard..."Bibby and Stoyacavich" to LA for ????

hear anything about this...anyone? anyone? :confused:

if anyone happened to watch the absolute cluster-fuck that is the MTV VMA's... they woulda seen one... and only one... impressive thing... the Big Aristotle looks jacked again. i mean really jacked. a jacked, pissed off shaq... uh oh. as my friend put it in an instant message he sent to me right after shaq popped up on the tv...

hes gonna fuck up kurt thomas so hard his eyes are gonna uncross

from sports ililustrated...

Although DNA has dominated the pretrial coverage, "this case could hinge on the blood," Singer says, referring to the fact that the stains on Bryant's T-shirt (and on the purple panties) were the accuser's blood. "Her blood on his T-shirt indicates her injuries were caused or reopened by him." There are two likely causes for vaginal bleeding: menstruation and trauma. Records obtained by SI indicate the accuser's period concluded nine days before her encounter with Bryant. "In cases of acquaintance rape, the presence of blood evidence is a touchdown for prosecutors," says Garrison, who did not have such evidence when he prosecuted Tyson.

Bryant's defense lawyers have attempted to admit evidence of the accuser's sexual history, but the judge has limited that to the 72 hours preceding her rape-kit exam. Garrison points out that all the pretrial publicity about the accuser's sex life may hurt her reputation but could help the state's case. "If she is sexually active," explained Garrison, "she is not going to hurt and bleed if she had consensual sex with Kobe. You only bleed if you don't want it to happen."

This response is serious....maybe she bled because Kobe was so well-endowed and he basically made new ground...

And the reason I make the endowed remark is that two or three months ago, Maxim printed an article wherein the accuser's friends claimed that "Kobe had the biggest dick she had ever seen and that the accuser was so pissed that Kobe ejaculated in her face!" and that's what lead to where we are today....

She then had to walk back to her post but she's caught half-way by her "friend" who apparently sees her...she thinks real fast... ???? who knows what really happened except that fact that Kobe commited an adulterous act.

:|

Shocking that the case was dropped and Kobe's gonna pay her a lot of money.
Kobe is to young women what Michael Jackson is to 9 yr old boys.

from the LA Times

Bryant Told Police of O'Neal Payouts
By Jeff Benedict, Tim Brown and Steve Henson Special to The Times

Hours after his sexual encounter with a hotel employee in Colorado, Kobe Bryant told investigators that Shaquille O'Neal, his Laker teammate at the time, had paid up to $1 million to women to keep them quiet about "situations like this," according to a police report.

An Eagle County, Colo., detective wrote in a report that Bryant made the comment near the end of a lengthy interrogation on July 2, 2003, about allegations that Bryant had raped the woman, then 19, in his resort hotel room.

O'Neal was informed of the comment last September, about two weeks before Laker training camp opened in Hawaii, when prosecution investigators made an unsuccessful attempt to question him. His agent, Perry Rogers, said Tuesday that the allegation in Bryant's statement was untrue and "undeserving of a response."

Much of Bryant's 75-minute interview was tape-recorded, but Det. Doug Winters wrote that the reference to O'Neal came after his partner, Det. Dan Loya, had turned off the recorder.

The incident report, a portion of which was reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, is part of the sealed file in the criminal case that was brought against Bryant last year and dropped this month. A Colorado judge has a motion before him to unseal documents from the case.

"Bryant made a comment to us about what another teammate does in situations like these," Winters wrote. "Bryant stated he should have done what Shaq (Shaquille O'Neal) does. Bryant stated that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything. He stated Shaq has paid up to a million dollars already for situations like this. He stated he, Bryant, treats a woman with respect, therefore they shouldn't say anything."

In a closed court proceeding before the felony charge was dropped, Bryant's attorneys fought successfully to have the reference to O'Neal declared inadmissible at trial, according to a prosecution source.

It is unclear precisely what Bryant meant by the remarks attributed to him. There have been no published reports of O'Neal ever being accused of any sex crime.

He was charged with misdemeanor battery in Orange County, Fla., in 1998 after a 23-year-old Walt Disney World employee claimed he grabbed her neck, but the case was dismissed in 2000. Rogers said Tuesday that he did not know whether O'Neal confronted Bryant about the comments before or during the 2003-04 season. Two members of last season's Laker team, reached by telephone, said they were unaware of Bryant's purported comments and that there had been no obvious change in a relationship that was strained for years.

"It didn't have any impact on the relationship," Rogers said, "because Shaquille had a very professional approach to his career there and because he has had an understanding of Kobe, Kobe's interests and Kobe's priorities. Kobe has historically been shown to be interested in one person and one person alone."

Bryant's agent and attorneys did not return calls seeking comment.

The reference was first reported by Sports Illustrated, which did not name O'Neal.

The remark attributed to Bryant figured in an effort last year by investigators to interview O'Neal in connection with the criminal case against his longtime teammate — an effort that ended in failure.

According to sources involved in the investigation, the authorities wanted to ask O'Neal about a party he held at his Orlando, Fla., mansion on Thanksgiving 2002, when a 22-year-old waitress working at the gathering claimed Bryant had groped her. They also wanted any information O'Neal could offer about Bryant's behavior on road trips.

Under Colorado law, prosecutors can introduce evidence of conduct that shows a similar pattern of behavior. Prosecutors wanted the waitress to cooperate as a potential witness against Bryant, the sources said.

After initially calling prosecutors to tell her story, she declined to meet with prosecution investigator Ray Birch when he arrived in Orlando, according to relatives of the woman and sources involved in the investigation.

But prosecutors viewed her account of the night at O'Neal's house as too important to drop, so they dispatched Birch to Los Angeles in an attempt to interview the center.

He was joined by an investigator with the Los Angeles County district attorney's office. On Sept. 22, 2003, they called Rogers, who referred them to O'Neal's attorney, David Chesnoff. At first, Birch said in an interview, Chesnoff was reluctant to produce O'Neal.

In a phone conversation on Sept. 24, they read to Chesnoff the statement that Bryant had allegedly made about O'Neal.

"That's when we were sure we would get that interview," Birch said. "We showed him our hand, and he complimented us on our professionalism."

Investigators thought they had an agreement to meet O'Neal at 10 a.m. on Sept. 26 in the Los Angeles area, but the meeting never materialized. That night they finally reached Chesnoff, who told them it was not in O'Neal's best interest to participate in the investigation, Birch said.

Chesnoff said Tuesday that when he told O'Neal about the remarks attributed to Bryant, he did not seem agitated. "I was so impressed with his maturity and the intelligence with which he dealt with it," he said.

The effort to interview O'Neal came as the Lakers were beginning training camp for the 2003-04 NBA season, one in which they were championship favorites because of the acquisition of highly regarded veterans Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

However, the season was filled with controversy and ended in disappointment, with the Lakers losing in the finals to the Detroit Pistons. O'Neal requested a trade and was sent to the Miami Heat, and Coach Phil Jackson departed. Bryant remained a Laker, signing a seven-year, $136-million contract in July despite the uncertainty of the criminal case.

Friction between Bryant and O'Neal was a constant in their eight Laker seasons. Even before they played a regular-season game together, O'Neal began calling Bryant "Showboat" and "Hollywood."

O'Neal slapped Bryant during a pickup game in January 1999, and later that season the 7-foot-1 center would point across the locker room and tell reporters that Bryant was the team's problem.

For his part, Bryant seemed perplexed at O'Neal's attitude toward him. "It can't be a personality thing, because I really don't know the guy that much," Bryant said at the time. "I don't really hang around him that much."

The two superstars set their egos aside long enough to lead the Lakers to three consecutive NBA championships, beginning in 2000. O'Neal even acknowledged Bryant's contribution, saying, "I think he's the best player in the league. By far." Bryant said he was shocked by the comments.

The sniping and backbiting began anew last fall, however. Bryant was one day late to training camp, but O'Neal dismissed his absence, saying, "The full team is here." A few weeks later, O'Neal suggested that Bryant become more of a passer than a scorer until he fully recovered from knee and shoulder surgeries.

Bryant was incensed, saying, "I definitely don't need advice on how to play my game."

Despite an edict by team officials that both players cease the sniping, Bryant went on a rant about O'Neal in an interview with ESPN and was fined $2,500.

All season, O'Neal knew of the comments that detectives claimed Bryant had said about him.

Said Rogers, O'Neal's agent: "It wasn't difficult to figure out that in this situation Kobe was a desperate man in a desperate situation and made desperate statements."

aaaand from MSNBC.com

Kobe Bryant and his backstage bad mood
Jeannette Walls

Kobe Bryant and David Copperfield mixed it up backstage at the World Music Awards, says a spy.

“Bryant was being super-friendly and sort of flirty with the young women in those slinky outfits who carry around the awards,” says a source.

“But after he got booed off stage, he came back in a bad mood. Usher started performing and Kobe said, ‘I’ve got to see this’ but David Copperfield and some friends were watching and he couldn’t see so he very rudely pushed David Copperfield aside. Afterwards, David said something like, ‘Maybe I should just snap his neck or something.’”

Bryant couldn’t be reached for comment, but through a spokeswoman, Copperfield quipped, “[Kobe] didn’t push me. I pushed him and I have the DNA to prove it.”

NEW YORK -- Separating Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal on different teams on different coasts has done nothing to lessen the animosity between the one-time Los Angeles Lakers teammates. If anything, the feud is escalating.

On Wednesday, O'Neal dismissed as "ridiculous" Bryant's allegations that O'Neal had paid up to $1 million in hush money to various women and then took his own shot by saying, "I'm not the one buying love."

O'Neal made the remark to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith after the Los Angeles Times quoted a police report as saying Bryant told detectives in Eagle, Colo., "he should have done what Shaq does ... that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything" and already had paid up to $1 million "for situations like this."

The comment was written down by Det. Doug Winters but not recorded on tape.

"He stated he, Bryant, treats a woman with respect, therefore they shouldn't say anything," Winters wrote.

O'Neal's agent, Perry Rogers, told the paper on Tuesday that the allegation, which was fought successfully to have inadmissible at trial, was untrue and "undeserving of a response."

"This whole situation is ridiculous," O'Neal told ESPN. "I never hang out with Kobe, I never hung around him. In the seven or eight years we were together, we were never together. So how this guy can think he knows anything about me or my business is funny. And one last thing -- I'm not the one buying love. He's the one buying love."

Bryant's statement came near the end of a lengthy interrogation about a hotel employee's complaint that Bryant had raped her.

The incident report, a portion of which was reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, is part of the sealed file in the criminal case that was brought against Bryant last year and dropped earlier this month. A Colorado judge Wednesday cleared the way for the release of those sealed documents.

The Times said it was unclear precisely what Bryant meant by his remarks.

Prosecutors dropped the felony sexual assault charge against Bryant earlier this month at the accuser's request, but the woman has filed a federal civil suit against him in Denver, seeking unspecified damages for pain and suffering since the case began.

O'Neal was informed of Bryant's allegation last September, and the relationship between the two was cool throughout the 2003-04 season. O'Neal was subsequently traded to the Miami Heat.

There have been no published reports of O'Neal ever being accused of any sex crimes. He was charged with misdemeanor battery in Orange County, Fla., in 1998 after a 23-year-old Walt Disney World employee claimed he grabbed her neck, but the case was dismissed in 2000.

It is unclear precisely what Bryant meant by the remarks attributed to him. There have been no published reports of O'Neal ever being accused of any sex crime.

Back
Top Bottom