As The Lakers Turn - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2003, 03:12 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
The L.A. Times reported that one of Kobe Bryant's representatives was recently overheard telling Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, "Save that cap space."

wouldn't that be a clusterfuk... kobe and shaq, both playing in los angeles, both with the staples center as their home court, but on different teams
Perfect - then they can truly settle the question "who owns L.A.?"

Old 10-28-2003, 04:37 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:35 AM

Old 04-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
EAGLE, Colo. -- Prosecutors accused Kobe Bryant's defense team Friday of raising "preposterous" issues and not truly wishing to set a trial date in the sexual assault case.

In a terse reply to a defense motion, prosecutor Mark Hurlbert reiterated his wish -- and that of the 19-year-old accuser -- to have Bryant enter a formal plea and move on to trial.

He also took issue with defense attorney Hal Haddon's claim that Bryant has always wanted an early trial date but has been slowed down by the prosecution's legal tactics.

"He says he has always wanted to move the case along, yet will wait so Fifth Judicial District policy can take its course," Hurlbert said. "We are, through no fault of the people, 10 months after the crime with no arraignment."

Hurlbert added: "It is the people's position that no party has been directly responsible for any delay in these proceedings and to try to assign blame is petty and unnecessary."

Bryant, 25, has said he had consensual sex with the woman last summer at the Vail-area resort where she worked. If convicted of felony sexual assault, he faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation.

Haddon said the defense would wait to enter an innocent plea until most or all the pretrial hearings are completed. Those hearings are currently scheduled into mid-May.

The legal sniping in the case has gone on for months. Haddon has even challenged the prosecution's references to the woman as a "victim" and "girl," and questioned whether the case should get priority in court because of the "serious dispute" over whether a crime occurred.

Hurlbert called those arguments "preposterous," adding that everyone knows the term "victim" legally means "the person alleging to have been subjected to a criminal sexual assault."

The next hearings in the case are scheduled for April 26-28.

this is all really getting sickening... the reason why the defense is delaying the trial is obvious to anyone with a clue... they want to delay it until after the NBA playoffs so that kobe and the lakers can attempt to win the title. it's bullcrap if ya ask me.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

the season started in chaos, and chaos is how it shall end... the most dysfunctional team in nba history ends it's season just as it began... a complete mess.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:39 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Time to blow it all up.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:35 AM
As of 06/18/04, its official....
Phil Jackson may not be back as coach but might be placed elsewhere within the organization....how about boss' son-in-law???

Shaq now demands a trade due to what GM Kupcheck told the press that they would "try to accomodate him"

Lakers have 7-years $140M to offer Kobe but he wants to opt out of his contract...

Same for Malone, Fisher and Payton...

Word up...possible coaching replacement....Rudy Tomjanovich, George Karl and maybe Henry Bibby from USC... that one worries me!!
Old 06-19-2004, 10:03 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

ka-boom

an article on ESPN.com

Quote:
Jerry Buss is going to break up the Lakers, or the state of Colorado is going to break 'em up. Either way, say your goodbyes.

Because the doors to the Laker house have been flung open, and the big boys are leaving.

Phil Jackson is already gone and, the truth is, Shaquille O'Neal wants to join him.

It looks like Buss, the Lakers' owner, has made his choice: Kobe stays; the others can go. In other words, he is not averse to trading Shaq and is willing to build his franchise around a narcissist who's on trial for rape, doesn't make his teammates better and is in denial over all of it.
ouch

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=1824721
Old 06-20-2004, 01:14 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Tonight, Pat Riley's name joins the short list.......
Old 07-01-2004, 06:06 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

?????
Old 07-01-2004, 06:49 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
?????
NOOO! I have a lot of relatives in VA and NC who will cry and puke their guts out if that happens! Stay at Duke! If he must go to the NBA, don't join the ego show that is the Lakers If he goes, I will lose all respect for him.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

NOOO! I have a lot of relatives in VA and NC who will cry and puke their guts out if that happens! Stay at Duke! If he must go to the NBA, don't join the ego show that is the Lakers If he goes, I will lose all respect for him.
i don't know if i'd go that far as to lose all respect... he has absolutely nothing left to prove at duke, and despite this most recent version, the lakers are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports.

college basketball has changed so much that even duke can't keep their players in school more than 1 or 2 years anymore. as much as i'd love to see Coach K stay at duke and retire there the same way the great Dean Smith did 8 miles down the road at carolina, i wouldn't blame him if he wanted to take the jump to the next level. we shall see
Old 07-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

If he is going to the NBA he should pick a team that needs a good coach and build them. To go to the fucking Lakers is only becoming part of the media circus and the big ego show of the all star squad. They are only collecting big names. I can't believe a man of his integrity would be a part of that. To me the Lakers are closer to the Harlem Globetrotters than a real NBA team.

Doesn't the NBA have a salary cap like the NFL to prevent one team corraling all the big names in one place? I think that makes the entire league less competitive and less interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if some teams give up and fold. All the fans will know, no need to watch, the Lakers are going to win! I'm so glad the Pistons beat them, but they are always going to be at the top and most teams have no chance to come close to them. That is a bad thing for the NBA.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:31 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
?????

My sister started yelling at me over the phone when she heard about this on SportsCenter tonight. Our hearts are in Krzyzewskiville tonight with all the other Dukies. Don't go, Coach!!!!!! We love you at Duke, and if the college game has changed too much for you to keep with it, go spend some time with Mickey and your family and retire in style as a legend.

*will be monitoring this story closely*
Old 07-02-2004, 08:16 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

The Celts made a run at coach Kruzyuski (remember that commercial?) several years ago (and lucky us we ended up with Rick Pitino instead), he turned that offer down, and my guess is the Lakers will hafta blow his doors off to lure him.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #30
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:35 AM
i hope he stays at Duke as it will be better when Maryland crushes them this year if coach k is around.