As a Red Sox fan I am prepared for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
the let down that I have grown accustomed to. I will place no hopes that the Boys from Beantown will win the World Series, nor even make it to the post season. It is in this manner that I shall go on, day to day, until the season is officially over. I will not petition the Lord for intervention, I will not sacrifice any living creatures. I will accept the hand I, and the SAWX, are dealt. Amen.

PS - This better friggin work. You hear me God? This humility thing, I'm trying it out, and it better friggin work....and thanks for last year, that was nice of you.

As a Sox fan, I look upon this as a season of turmoil and injury, and with 4 games to go, we're 1 game out of the division and tied for the wildcard, not a bad position to be in, beats being a Royals fan.
Methinks the Indians may be falling apart, so I think the Sox will take the wildcard, which may be the best option at hand cause we'd get the White Sox in round 1 while the Yanks and Angies would square off.

Hewson said:
As a Sox fan, I look upon this as a season of turmoil and injury...
:sad: Cry me a fuckin' river. :sad:

Let's talk about the Angel team your blosox faced last year in the first round:

J. Guillen: the teams fiercest competitor and most productive player other than Vlad kicked off the team a week prior to the playoffs.

GA: Arthritic back, missed most of the first half, hasn't been the same player since.

Tim Salmon: Screws up his knee and shoulder at the beginning of the season, putting him on the dl for what is anticipated to be 2 years.

Adam Kennedy: Gold glove-caliber second baseman tears his ACL two weeks before the end of the season.

Troy Glaus: off to his best start ever at season's beginning, tears up his shoulder, misses a few months, comes back and is relegated to DH.

David Eckstein: Injured early in the season, misses several weeks.

Erstad: blew his hamstring, missed a few weeks.

Your red sox faced a weak-ass Angel team in the playoffs. For god sake's, Alfredo f'ing Amezeca filled in at 3b during that series.

Please don't use injuries as an excuse. It's unbecoming of you. :angry:

Last edited:
pub crawler said:

:sad: Cry me a fuckin' river. :sad:

Let's talk about the Angel team your blosox faced last year in the first round:

J. Guillen: the teams fiercest competitor and most productive player other than Vlad kicked off the team a week prior to the playoffs.

GA: Arthritic back, missed most of the first half, hasn't been the same player since.

Tim Salmon: Screws up his knee and shoulder at the beginning of the season, putting him on the dl for what is anticipated to be 2 years.

Adam Kennedy: Gold glove-caliber second baseman tears his ACL two weeks before the end of the season.

Troy Glaus: off to his best start ever at season's beginning, tears up his shoulder, misses a few months, comes back and is relegated to DH.

David Eckstein: Injured early in the season, misses several weeks.

Erstad: blew his hamstring, missed a few weeks.

Your red sox faced a weak-ass Angel team in the playoffs. For god sake's, Alfredo f'ing Amezeca filled in at 3b during that series.

You still had Vlad and as EPSN wouldn't shut up about...the best bullpen in baseball. Every team has injuries, the Sox didn't have Trot Nixon and Nomar (until he got traded) for good chunks of the season. The Angels were going to get blown out of the water in that series regardless. :ohmy:

randhail said:

You still had Vlad and as EPSN wouldn't shut up about...the best bullpen in baseball. Every team has injuries, the Sox didn't have Trot Nixon and Nomar (until he got traded) for good chunks of the season. The Angels were going to get blown out of the water in that series regardless. :ohmy:

9-3, 8-3, 8-6.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i thought the only good thing about the red sox winning the world series was not having to listen to red sox fans bitch and moan anymore.

alas, i was mistaken.

:D

Oh, come on. Haven't you been reading Bill Simmons this year?

CLEVELAND is the most tortured sports city, if anyone has the right to complain about anything we do, no major sports titles since 1964 browns, yes this is an off topic statement but i just couldnt resist

pub crawler said:

Feel free to show me where I used injuries as an excuse.
I said we're not in a bad position, didn't make excuses at all unlike your long post listing every headache (in or out of a suitcase) and hangnail the Angies had last year as the reason why a superior team blew them off the field with very little effort.

Injuries are part of sports, the best organizations (read that New England Patriots) find ways to overcome them and win in spite of them, the Angies failed at that. We'll see how the Red Sox fare this year, but I am not and will not use the injuries as an excuse, if they fail to make the playoffs, its because mainly of a sorry bullpen and going to the young arms from AA and AAA too late. If they make it in spite of things, its a testament to the talent of players like David Ortiz, Tim Wakefield, Manny Ramirez, Johnny Damon, Jason Varitek and others.

flangerchorus said:
CLEVELAND is the most tortured sports city, if anyone has the right to complain about anything we do, no major sports titles since 1964 browns, yes this is an off topic statement but i just couldnt resist
At least you're not Philadelphia.

speedracer said:

Oh, come on. Haven't you been reading Bill Simmons this year?

speaking of Bill Simmons has anyone here checked out his book or going to see him on his book tour? He's at Holy Cross tonight giving a talk. I may swing by to check it out.

clipper699 said:

Lay off Philly. You live in L.A.

Well, I just moved to LA two months ago after living for 10 years in Boston.

LA's problem is that the fans here are a bunch of posers -- I've seen more Yankees hats here than Angels and Dodgers hats combined. And of course, there was that immortal comment made by a Sports Guy writer: "Let me get this straight. Jack Nicholson is a Laker fan AND a Yankee fan? Can we paint a mustache on him and call him Hitler?"

But Philly -- booing a temporarily paralyzed football player, that's pretty low. (Even if it was Michael Irvin.)

speedracer said:

Well, I just moved to LA two months ago after living for 10 years in Boston.

LA's problem is that the fans here are a bunch of posers -- I've seen more Yankees hats here than Angels and Dodgers hats combined. And of course, there was that immortal comment made by a Sports Guy writer: "Let me get this straight. Jack Nicholson is a Laker fan AND a Yankee fan? Can we paint a mustache on him and call him Hitler?"

But Philly -- booing a temporarily paralyzed football player, that's pretty low. (Even if it was Michael Irvin.)

Well, to be fair to LA, a lot of people who live there are people who moved from other cities. I'm sure some people see you when you're wearing a Red Sox hat and think you're a "poser."

Chizip said:

Well, to be fair to LA, a lot of people who live there are people who moved from other cities. I'm sure some people see you when you're wearing a Red Sox hat and think you're a "poser."

Lol....I was thinking the same thing.

Hewson said:
Anyone know any good restaurants in Worcester?

i tried not to eat until i got back to tyngsborough/nashua....:huh:

i do miss waaf & wbcn though.

radio out here sucks ass

the rdsox pitching is beaten up....

but it all comes down to this weekend...

i can even live with the loss, as long as the 'ankees lose to the angels.:mad:

Hewson, i like you attitude.

if you come to Vegas, i'll buy you a beer.

Headache, et al overpaid prettyboy lovers - no excuses from you if your boys choke :eyebrow:

pub crawler said:

Lol....I was thinking the same thing.

True. But I'm pretty sure that less than 50% of LA consists of native New Yorkers.

People from New York and Boston tend to end up all over the country. But when Yankees merchandise (or Sox gear, though I haven't seen too much of it) outsells local team gear, that's sick.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Anyone know any good restaurants in Worcester?

One Eleven Chophouse is supposed to be really good. Pricey, but worth it.

I've heard good things about Union Station and the Sole Proprietor.

Back
Top Bottom