artists who use mp3.com i have some questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
For those of you out there who record your music and put it on mp3.com, I have some questions. I couldn't fine a FAQ on their site, so maybe you can help me....

1. How do you copyright your music. I've heard of two ways. One is to just mail your cd back to yourself and leave it unopened.

The other way is I've heard there is a copyright office in the us gov. which you can send your cd to and pay a small fee to have it registered. How do you do this, and is it worth it?

2. How does mp3.com work? Do you charge for downloads, or is it a free service to people who want to access your music? What about their cd creation program? Is it good, does it cost anything?

3. What about control of your music? Have you had problems of people taking your music and using it commercially (yeah, I know us small fries probably don't really have this issue, but I am curious)?

4. Finally, is it worth it? I know it's a free service, but does it really get out your music, or is it just lost in the mix?

I'm wondering b/c I'm recording an album right now and I'm trying to decide what to do with it when I'm done. I'm not sure if I want to put it out there for the world to hear, but mp3.com seems like an attractive way to do it, and I know a few people on here use it (madlyniris for example) and I just wanted to get a sense of what your feelings were about the service.

Thanks
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom