Artist Index: a-z

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll be repetitive

:heart: Flaming Lips!!!! I might be seeing them this november w/ Beck!!!!!!!!!!!! so sweeeet.

blah i just second most of everyone else's F's.

sorry for digging up the oldies...but you see you're talking 'bout my generation

Fleetwood Mac - they were a great band

Jose Feliciano -I have admired him for a long long time. He brings such warmth to some of his interpretations. I love "High Heel Sneakers"

Robben Ford - talented , warm blues guitarist
Fairport Convention
Flying Burrito Brothers

The Fauves - an Aussie band that haven't quite "made it" but they seem like such a nice bunch of guys. Some of their songs are so funny.."dogs are the best people.."

PS: basstrap, if you really like u2, i don't think you will like Extreme. All that showing off on the fret board appeals to me is all.

How could ! forget Farinelli?.....**cass

Faints**

I was tempted to add Floyd, Pink ( in case I am nor here for the "P's"...good one Pink :yes:
thanks

there is a local big band called the
"Fabulous Nobodies"
Frankie Goes To Hollywood (Relax, one is all that you can score)
Foo Fighters (that Dave Grohl pops up in unexpected places...cool)
Marianne Faithfull (nothing like the wind in your hair)

but yes the angel,
FARANELLI

I cant believe I forgot Neil Finn!!!!

Listen to his latest CD...REALLY!!

and now on to
G

and I have to STRONGLY recommend
Godspeed you, you black emperor!

they actually just had another cd come out...supposed to be really great

Groove Armada ... incredible stuff!
Gurriers - a local celticy rocky outfit that i loved muchly but then they called it quits

Grinspoon - Aussie band, early graduates from the Contemporary Music degree

Slava Grigoryan - Aussie guitarist who mainly plays classical music. I saw him play this year with the Australian Youth Symphony a treat. I heard him interviewed on the radio a few years ago and he said that he is a fan of Nuno Bettencourt and that Slava and his brother once had an Extreme set worked out. I wished I had heard that.:yes: My son has just been on-line to see if the Extreme songbook is available. He likes them too. YOU 222. What a big rave. I try to be concise.

Grinspoon
Grigoryan, Slava

Gang of Four (one of the best post-punk bands ever...but unfortunately not even the best post-punk band formed the same month in the same University (Leeds)! That honor would go to The Mekons, who are consistently mindblowing.)

Gastr Del Sol beautiful minimalist jazz rock.

Guided By Voices robert pollard is one of the very top tunesmiths of our generation. bee thousand is ESSENTIAL.

George Gershwin my favorite artist ever? close.

Gil-Scott Heron"there will be no reruns, baby, the revolution will be LIVE."

godspeed you black emperor usually i like it, though i go through phases where i'm convinced their music is utterly pretentous bs.

Grandaddy hmm I haven't listened to The Sophtware Slump in quite a long time, though it's one of the great records of 2000. download "He's simple, he's dumb, he's the pilot." that is one tremendous song.

Gun Club if you like X (and you all should) you'll like the gun club.

Last edited:
GARBAGE

GENE

GORILLAZ

Marvin GAYE

GREEN DAY

Gareth GATES :mac:

:lol: PPWWWAAAAHHHHHHH HAAAAAAHAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA HAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA and so on.

And i was this close to keeping a straight face on the last one too, dammit.

I intended to post Garbage, but somehow I forgot.

And I must second Gorillaz and Peter Gabriel. Some older goo goo dolls are favourite of mine, too.

I shall definitly be checking out some of these

especially this Gerswin dude...must be a little good to compete to be mugs fave artist ;)

well....according to how far this is down, I'm thinking G's are all out!

though let me say....erm....Gandharvas does have some good tunes!

H

HAYDEN!! ahhh...that brings back good memories......*stares into distance*

George Harrison - most under-rated beatle??

I forgot nick drake!!

yes!!
Ed Harcourt!!

Great great songs off his new album!

Basstrap said:
yes!!
Ed Harcourt!!

Great great songs off his new album!

My boyfriend is going to see him tonight. Since Ed is my ex-boyfriend, it should be interesting. ;)

I will put my lists for G and H up soon.

I FORGOT NICK DRAKE TOO!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom